Author Topic: Tannenberg -- New WWI FPS  (Read 1684 times)

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Tannenberg -- New WWI FPS
« on: November 23, 2017, 02:33:48 am »

Tannenberg is the latest entry in the 1914-1918 WW1 Game Series that started with FPS Verdun, expanding the focus to encompass the Eastern Front. Warfare between the Russian Empire and the Central Powers offers a fresh experience for new and veteran players alike, with four new squads, 20+ weapons, four open maps that give players tactical freedom, and a whole new 64 player game mode with full AI bot support so you can experience epic battles at any time!

This historical game takes place across the lakes, forests, and snowy plains of the Eastern Front - it was inspired by the Battle of Tannenberg in 1914, one of the most iconic encirclement battles in history. Players will be able to master a range of entirely new equipment brought to the field by Russian ‘Frontovik’ and ‘Cossack’ squads, or join the Central Powers to serve in an Austro-Hungarian ‘K.u.K.’ squad or German ‘Infanterie’. Tannenberg offers a range of game modes - including the exciting new Maneuver game mode reflecting the different nature of war on the Eastern Front, as 64 players battle across large maps where the objectives and battle lines are always shifting. There is a wealth of historical detail including realistic WW1 weaponry, authentic uniforms, horrendous gore, and maps based on real battlefields, this time in the forests, plains and mountains of East Germany and Russia.

Tannenberg key features include:
Authentic WW1 atmosphere; accuracy in everything from maps and weaponry to uniforms
Tactical squad-based FPS; play as Russian, Austro-Hungarian and German troops
Majestic Eastern Front; large maps each with weather variants from snow to summer sun
64 player Maneuver game mode; capture strategic sectors in grand battles of movement
Never fight alone; AI bots for Maneuver so you can join epic battles at any time

WW1 on the Eastern Front
It’s all-out war on the Eastern Front! From artillery barrages and poison gas to the deadly heavy machine gun and hard-hitting rifle, there are many weapons to master. The battlefield is a dangerous place, and a little thought will help you stay alive – lead your shots, keep your eyes open, and be ready to engage in ferocious close combat at any moment.

Tannenberg’s Maneuver game mode captures the essence of warfare on the Eastern Front, with 64 players, large open maps, and the freedom to choose which sectors you will attack and defend. Just make sure you don’t get outflanked and encircled before you can do the same to your enemies!

Authentic World War 1 Setting
The 1914-1918 WW1 Game Series currently includes Tannenberg and Verdun (set on the Western Front). These authentic WW1 shooters let players choose from a range of squads from across the war, as they fight for control of the ever-changing frontlines.

The development team is aiming to recreate the atmosphere of the Eastern Front with the same level of accuracy as seen in Verdun. Extensive research has been conducted, with uniforms recreated to the tiniest detail and weapons modelled to exact references. The maps use realistic props and terrain layouts based on locations from the hilly forests of Galicia to a Polish village subjected to scorched earth tactics.
[/i]

That's from the Steam page. Played it for a few hours and enjoyed the hell out of it. There are some hit box fixes and random bots in the server are annoying but it is very polished for early access.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 04:51:52 am by MackCW »

Offline Krowbar

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Steamprofil
  • Nick: Brechstange
Re: Tannenberg -- New WWI FPS
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:28:46 am »
Yet this game is much better than Verdun and offers an authentic WW1 feeling.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 10:02:53 am »
Saw this the other day, looks fun.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 11:21:46 am »
I have about 6 hours of gameplay so far. It's really good, better than Verdun in my opinion. I love the more manouverable and mobile combat as opposed to Verdun's static trench warfare. So glad we have an actually good WW1 game instead of that abomination Battlefield 1.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 02:10:16 pm »
Going to buy it tommorow, cant wait to play as Austro-Hungarian empire  :D

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 04:56:01 pm »
hmm not buying it

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 04:56:15 pm »
It's quite good.

I recommend, better than verdun.

Lots of work left for them though. but it's quite good.

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 11:27:36 pm »
I probably look into getting this. Still, prefer Verdun for the time being.

Norwegian13

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 11:37:54 pm »
hmm not buying it

Fwuffy bias? It's quite a good game imo, way better than Verdun

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 12:05:26 am »
hmm not buying it

Biased, yeah. It's an even more streamlined, 'casual', immersion-friendly Verdun clone.

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2017, 12:10:51 am »
hmm not buying it

Biased, yeah. It's an even more streamlined, 'casual', immersion-friendly Verdun clone.
the austro-hungarian taunts are anything but friendly

Norwegian13

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2017, 02:13:15 am »
It's more fun than having to sit and camp in trenches in Verdun. But each to their own.