Author Topic: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 54601 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Help wanted for upcomming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #240 on: December 11, 2017, 10:48:49 am »
Could you add some spectator functionality like the person's name over their player model so I can tell people apart for frisbee? Maybe add it as an admin function?
not going to happen.  It is only a short step from there to making a way for any player, admin or not, to being able exploit it into giving them an unfair advantage.(not just in your frisbee thing)
It's already an exploit
that isn't a valid reason to make it even easier for people to make their own version where they can see where anyone is at at any time while they are alive. 

present files are the hardest thing for most people to tinker with.  by doing 90% of the work, we make it real easy for them to take what was done, modify it slightly, and call it good. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 11, 2017, 03:07:30 pm »
Make it easier to slay people please. It can get really frustrating to scroll down a 200 player list to find the right person.

(Maybe make one slay tab for each team? At least that would limit it to 100 people per list.)

Also can you sticky this thread? I have a hard time finding it sometimes.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:11:42 pm by Furrnox »

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #242 on: December 11, 2017, 04:45:21 pm »
/sub
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #243 on: December 11, 2017, 04:49:45 pm »
Spoiler
/sub
/kick sturk no swearing on my christian minecraft server
[close]

I do agree with Furrnox, it would make life so much easier for event hosts and admins if there was a better mechanic for slaying people especially in a full server.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 11, 2017, 05:04:26 pm »
we did discuss possible ways to make the process of slaying kicking, etc,. someone easier.  not going to promise anything will be added/changed on that end, but we will look into it.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 11, 2017, 05:29:54 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Looks like its caused by the normalmap, pls fix   :(

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2017, 05:58:04 pm »
Make it easier to slay people please. It can get really frustrating to scroll down a 200 player list to find the right person.

(Maybe make one slay tab for each team? At least that would limit it to 100 people per list.)

Try installing this on your server. It was a godsend https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=25629.0
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2017, 06:05:15 pm »

Try installing this on your server. It was a godsend https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=25629.0
That's more clientside in terms of slaying. The only thing that it changes serverside if you choose to install it is just the addition of selecting custom maps. I've used it for a long time now but even then it's sometimes hard to slay people. (Especially if they move too fast for you to click their name before they die)

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 13, 2017, 08:35:49 pm »
Also if it hasn't been mentioned before please add more banners a lot of regiments use the same banners currently.

Offline bobertini

• Major General
  • Stark <3<3<3
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2017, 11:01:15 pm »
Also if it hasn't been mentioned before please add more banners a lot of regiments use the same banners currently.

Or ya know, the ability to use a custom one? If you added more, wouldn't people just use those defeating your logic?

Offline ed112

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 14, 2017, 12:18:24 am »
Hi guys I am not sure if any of you know me but I am a senior admin on the EU Commander server, having been admin and playing on the server for a number of years now. I must say that the idea of this patch makes me a little nervous.

We have been running successful scripts done for us by Kanade and have had them in action for a very long time now, anyway my chief concern is that whatever you are doing is going to mess up our server in some way.

My main concerns being that with this patch you may fundamentally change how units work and in some way disrupt the manner in which myself and my players have got used to playing commander battle over these past years.

Anyway despite what I’ve said I hope that this patch will be a positive and not negative thing for commander battle and await the results with an air of trepidation.

In relation to bug fixes there is one thing that could be quite useful and that is the weapon lag bug which affects commander battle servers, which stops players being able to cycle through their inventory for a period of time generally after the start of a round.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #251 on: December 14, 2017, 12:30:20 am »
Hi guys I am not sure if any of you know me but I am a senior admin on the EU Commander server, having been admin and playing on the server for a number of years now. I must say that the idea of this patch makes me a little nervous.

We have been running successful scripts done for us by Kanade and have had them in action for a very long time now, anyway my chief concern is that whatever you are doing is going to mess up our server in some way.

My main concerns being that with this patch you may fundamentally change how units work and in some way disrupt the manner in which myself and my players have got used to playing commander battle over these past years.

Anyway despite what I’ve said I hope that this patch will be a positive and not negative thing for commander battle and await the results with an air of trepidation.

In relation to bug fixes there is one thing that could be quite useful and that is the weapon lag bug which affects commander battle servers, which stops players being able to cycle through their inventory for a period of time generally after the start of a round.
For commander battle we added some things like anti rambo script as an option, preventing players from spreading line infantry as an option, having musicians and flag bearers in the group. etc.
We haven't changed troop balance too much. I'm not sure what changes you made. but if they are important balance changes we can consider them if you tell us exactly what. :)

The new patch is not compatible at all with the old files, so you would have to update your server to the new patch, your customized scripts can be brought over to the new code with some minor changes i'm sure. And I think ill throw up a 3 way merge tutorial for the scripters.

That weapon lag bug has to do with wrong server settings for network upstream limiter. Perhaps TW can enforce some value, ill ask.

If you have any bug reports or suggestions for the patch please tell them, we could add them!

Offline Freestyler

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Freestyler
« Reply #252 on: December 14, 2017, 09:44:23 am »
And I think ill throw up a 3 way merge tutorial for the scripters.

Cool :D

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #253 on: December 14, 2017, 11:22:26 am »
If you are a scripter you can write me a message, you can get svn access to see the latest developments in the code. so you can prepare for it.

If you have certain features you are missing in the game, or in commander battle for instance you can also tell us we could probably make it.

Also you could submit your own code to the game if you have nice features you build yourself. or bug fixes.

Oh yeah forgot to mention class limits work now in commander battle.

Offline Freestyler

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Freestyler
« Reply #254 on: December 14, 2017, 01:27:04 pm »
I am not professional Scripter

the new servers are filed here in forum or on telewords?