Author Topic: Lag Issues  (Read 9709 times)

JackieChan

Lag Issues
« on: March 06, 2013, 06:42:58 pm »
I am having huge lag problems at the moment. My ping is normal most of the time, meaning 29, but it feels like I am playing with 80+ ping. Guys teleporting all over the place, animations not showing, delays and fraps lag. I get it all. Not sure what it is.

I have tried resetting the router, cleansing my PC, trying the Game Booster, checking Hookups for internet, checking internet settings or Graphics settings, veryfying game cache and reinstalling the game. Nothing has worked so far. Also I have noticed it is only in Multiplayer, in Single Player everything is normal.

This has never happened to me before. When I did lag, it was either due to the amount of players on a server or simply because I was on the wrong server.

I normally stick of the Groupfighting_Server, where there are tops 60 players on. Normally around 20-30 though and I have never experienced bad lags there until now. It is not a server issue either since I haven't heard too many other players talk about lags there.

I also tried out some Native Servers and other NW servers. All the same.

In addition to that I measured my internet speed and it seemed fine. I have not tried other games online since M&B is pretty much the only one I play online. Seldomly, I play Total War games online, but they always lag for me due to my not too excellent PC.

If anyone knows anything about this problem or has a suggestion as in how to fix it. Please enlighten me. ;)

EDIT: I should add this has been going on since Febuary, the 25th.

UPDATE (06/04/2013):
This problem has gotten a lot worse again after having gotten better. Probably the worst it has been. I mostly have huge delays which make good timing near to impossible. Any further suggestions? I've tried all this:

updated the graphic card drivers
    defragmented my hard drives
    checked for viruses
    cleansed my system with CCleaner
    fixed my registry problems
    reset my router
    checked how fast my internet is and for packet loss
    changed some performance options
    used game booster
    deleted and reinsalled the game a couple times
    veryfied the game cache
    tried Metalsie's suggestion
    installed one of the older drivers someone suggested
    prioritized M&B as task
    turned off my firewall

None of them fixed it.

Some things that were suggested I haven't tried. For instance reinstalling windows and getting myself a new firewall programm. I can't reinstall windows because I do not have it on a CD and otherwise it would cost me money which I am not willing to invest and the money issue is the same for the other solution.

Oh, and I haven't contacted my provider but there shouldn't be anything wrong on their side since my normal internet is as fast as it used to be and there wasn't any packet loss or anything of that sort.

Specs:
Windows 7
Intel Core i5 CPU 2.67GHz X4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 1,75 GB
RAM 6,00 GB
64 Bit
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:59:08 pm by JackieChan »

Offline Aksei

• Donator
  • meh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Aksei
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Lag Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 07:44:36 pm »
get a good firewall, that shows you exactly what programm is using the net. I have comodo security.
With that you can say if it is a real network problem or something different.

JackieChan

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:07:13 pm »
get a good firewall, that shows you exactly what programm is using the net. I have comodo security.
With that you can say if it is a real network problem or something different.
Yeah, I might try that. Though I don't feel like installing too many things, since it was working fine before too.

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 06:47:29 pm »
I have similar experiences on and off all the time, varying in degrees of extremity. At worst it's completely invisible animations, delays on all my blocks/stabs and unreliably hitboxes (in the sense that people seem to slide around extremely fast). It's odd because there's no indication of why in some weeks performance should be really fast and reliable and on others it can be so awful and almost random. My ping is stable at aprox 31 on the servers I play on most.
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
  • Side: Union
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 06:50:34 pm »
This is not only him this is happening to. It has happened to me as well and nearly ALL of my friends who play NW or M&B Warband. All other games are just fine it is only M&B which is not working and everyone say it started at almost the same time.
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Evanovic

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 06:54:28 pm »
This is not only him this is happening to. It has happened to me as well and nearly ALL of my friends who play NW or M&B Warband. All other games are just fine it is only M&B which is not working and everyone say it started at almost the same time.

I wonder if it's a symptom of a recent Warband patch, because in the far past I never remember experiencing this sort of thing. I still cannot find out how to get to a period of 'good performance' where the stabbing is responsive, fast and reliable and avoid the times when it's near unplayable. I've tried so much in the area of Graphics Card settings, Network Adaptor settings, CPU prioritisation, turning off Task Scheduler engine and other background services on Windows, all to no major avail.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:56:24 pm by Evanovic »
Aliases: Evan | Evanovic | Evan Fraser | Previous Regiments: 3rd | 13e | 15e | 91st | Nr.24 | 15thYR | 17e Legion d'Honneur | Now Retired

Tournament Wins: 3x NW Duel Champion (5x Finalist) | 1x 2vs2 Tournament | 1x 3vs3 Tournament | 11x Groupfighting Tournament (Minions, Argyll, PowerRangers) | 3x National Groupfighting Tournament (UK Team) | 3x Regimental Groupfighting Tournament (Nr.24, 17e) | 3x Regimental League (91st, Nr.24) | EU vs NA Linebattle 2016 (Team EU)

Graphics Work: Groupfighting Tournament | NWEC

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 07:27:18 pm »
Same here, I have tried nearly everything...
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

JackieChan

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2013, 09:41:53 pm »
Hm, well I have only had this for a week, but without varying. It is always horrible and sometimes a bit more horrible than the day before, but never as good as it used to be.

Perhaps some of the FSE people know something about this, if it is because of a patch or so.

Offline Vikestad

• Sergeant Major
  • "84e sheriff, white knight of truth and justice"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Vikestad
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 12:08:41 am »
Harrier had similar performance issues for months, but he fixed it somehow. Would ask him if I were you.
84e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2013, 12:10:45 am »
Ive had this on multiple occasions, sometimes it goes off, sometimes it doesnt, its quite random

JackieChan

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2013, 12:54:43 pm »
Harrier had similar performance issues for months, but he fixed it somehow. Would ask him if I were you.
Hm, thanks for telling me. I did already talk to Harrier and he said he is still lagging too. I could of course ask him for specific suggestions, which I haven't done yet, so I will give it a go. :D

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 05:34:24 pm »
I still have the problem and I had the problem a long time. I reinstalled all my graphic card drivers and deleted the nVidia PhysiX engine. This helped me for 3 days where I had damn good fps (80 in LBs with 250 people, 200 on EU and GF and around 60 on 84e Siege). THe game was really fluently and all was fine. But after three days the fps lag started again. So this might not be the real thing to solve the problem. :s

JackieChan

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2013, 06:09:24 pm »
I still have the problem and I had the problem a long time. I reinstalled all my graphic card drivers and deleted the nVidia PhysiX engine. This helped me for 3 days where I had damn good fps (80 in LBs with 250 people, 200 on EU and GF and around 60 on 84e Siege). THe game was really fluently and all was fine. But after three days the fps lag started again. So this might not be the real thing to solve the problem. :s
I did reinstall my graphic card driver. Didn't work. As for the deleting the nVidia PhysiX engine that I have not done but seeing as it didn't solve your problems in the long run I'd rather not waste my time with it. :P

Thanks for the suggestion though. If I do find a solution somewhere I will also definitly post it here for you guys who have the same or similar problems.

Offline Moogs

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Moogs
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2013, 06:43:47 pm »
If you have a nVidia card and have been suffering from recent FPS issues then try this fix.

Offline Hadhod

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt_John_MacKintosh
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2013, 07:11:10 pm »
Are you sure this is working?