Author Topic: Addiction/Drug Abuse Thread  (Read 16947 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Addiction/Drug Abuse Thread
« on: November 28, 2016, 08:27:28 pm »
This is a serious thread dedicated to the issue of addiction and drug abuse.

I recently just lost my neighbor and childhood friend to a drug overdose. We've been drifting for the past couple years although we would always sit together in 8th grade and talk and I've been to her birthday parties when she was much younger. It still kinda fucks me up whenever I think about it, I'm not really sure what to think or feel. She was a senior in highschool with her whole life ahead of her.

Has anyone else experienced this? Whether it be a relative or friend with a drug habit, someone you lost, someone you regained or maybe even yourself if you'd like to vent. I've abused drugs before and i'm not afraid to admit it.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This is NOT a thread dedicated to hating on drug abusers, they are people, they are family, they are loved ones. This is also not a thread dedicated to glorifying drug culture.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Addiction/Drug Abuse Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 09:16:03 pm »
Fortunately, no. The majority of my acquaintances/colleagues/friends/family have never even tried it (95%) because of strict regulations here.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 09:38:05 pm »
Know a fair amount of tobacco addictions.
I'm addicted to caffiene myself.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »
I have some friends that are addicted to weed. Those same friends decided to try cocaine and are now addicted to that.

My mom is actually addicted to tobacco
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 10:21:45 pm »

You need some serious professional help.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 10:54:40 pm »
if you use drugs recreationally you deserve to be taken out of the gene pool anyway

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 10:59:35 pm »

You need some serious professional help.
Lol pls

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 11:25:55 pm »
A lot of my friends smoke a ton of weed and drink a lot. They'd say it isn't addiction but who knows?

I personally am against any substances that alters your brain or body to an extent, I don't hate people that do use though. I have drunk and smoked before, never enjoyed it though.

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2016, 11:54:47 pm »
I smoke a lot of weed. Maybe it's an addiction but it's a damn good one.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 12:04:50 am »
I like to get fucked up on the weekends.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2016, 12:09:43 am »
All I will say is don't get addicted to dip, or actually don't even try it.  It's a bad habit and your teeth and gums will get fucked and puts you at higher risk for an oral cancer.  X10 worse than smoking a j

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2016, 12:14:05 am »
if you use drugs recreationally you deserve to be taken out of the gene pool anyway
This is a perfect example of what I don't want to see posted here. I never know if you're serious or not. If you are serious, again...people who use drugs are still people and I think you need to research drug use and addiction a bit more before you post such ignorant comments.

I know that this may upset some but I personally do not think that you can get addicted to weed, at least in the same sense as things like heroine. I would put it on the same level as video games which I guess you can get addicted to. Addictions are ways to cope with something and if weed is someone's way to cope and it becomes to the point where they feel bad or upset without it then I would classify that as an addiction but you don't see many people who have that feeling with weed.

Tobacco is more of a slow killer, you can live a relatively normal life being addicted to tobacco. I don't know of any relationships that have been destroyed because of tobacco usage, not saying that they don't exist but I don't see many of them.

I am addicted to caffeine as well. I don't really have a problem with it. I need coffee every morning or I don't feel right.

Offline Locust

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2016, 12:31:34 am »
Never would have guessed

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2016, 12:41:24 am »
dude weed lmao

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2016, 01:00:39 am »
dude weed lmao
I like to get fucked up on the weekends.
This is a serious thread.