Author Topic: 63e NA Tuesday Conquest/Siege Event [Rotating Modes Sign Up]  (Read 45591 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: 63e NA Tuesday Conquest Event [2 Servers Available - Sign Up]
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2016, 03:42:44 am »
The arty was VERY biased for you guys. That could be fixed with a simple change.

Change our sign up to 25-35 please as we gave Immath the boot.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that the arty UK had on that map needs to be moved, since you literally get a shot at the middle flag buildings and that seemed about it (maybe a small bit of open area).
Couldn't move them either because of the map layout. The only times we got to shoot were when you went into the house. One time we got the other cannon somewhere good you charged it so.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2016, 03:49:46 am »
Well, I think the server with the most people otherwise was fine, again what Offizer said it was just the people spawning at diff flags and FOL that needs to be more heavily addressed and enforced by reg leaders.

But overall satisfied with how the first event went

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2016, 03:52:19 am »
Don't just dismiss the point please. Your lines are all organised whereas the enemys act on their own.

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2016, 04:34:20 am »
Don't just dismiss the point please. Your lines are all organised whereas the enemys act on their own.

We were the only other line on the side of the 63e and we coordinated fine without using voice chat. Also, when you guys took control of that artillery position close to the middle of the map on the 2nd map, that was a good position that you should have taken much earlier. It was a great position to have, you just needed to defend it. I still agree that UK needs a slightly better position for the artillery. You shouldn't have to run half-way across the map to be able to use it much.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:36:06 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2016, 03:15:35 pm »
I agree, as 63e artillery I put forward the idea while we tested the maps that instead of having predestined artillery placements, because some will provide more advantageous positions than others, we could just make it like it was on the first map where each team can just spawn in their own pieces and place them wherever they choose. It 1. Effectively eliminates any advantageous artillery positions for any one side and 2. Provides Artillery detachments/regiments more freedom to use more strategy with their placement instead of relying on pre-destined locations and makes it so that any one map won't always bear the same scenarios repeatedly, thus making the event dull overtime. Therefore if your artillery is getting good shots, it's not because you got the better cannon spawns but that you instead placed them better strategically.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:17:22 pm by GeneralSquirts »

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2016, 03:21:03 pm »

We were the only other line on the side of the 63e and we coordinated fine without using voice chat. Also, when you guys took control of that artillery position close to the middle of the map on the 2nd map, that was a good position that you should have taken much earlier. It was a great position to have, you just needed to defend it. I still agree that UK needs a slightly better position for the artillery. You shouldn't have to run half-way across the map to be able to use it much.
No it wasn't. The cannon was fine but the howitzer couldn't hit anything because the sand mounds infront it were too large. It took too long to get an arty train to it so by the time it was there the cannons were either lost or I got shot.

I could only hit something when you entered the houses.

Offline GeneralSquirts

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • some pleb
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2016, 03:22:34 pm »
Yeah lol, we had the same exact problem with our howitzer as well. Again, why I don't like pre-destined artillery positions.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2016, 03:40:19 pm »
Agreed ^

Offline Offizer

• Second Lieutenant
  • what is this game?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2016, 07:30:05 pm »
The only issue with allowing arty trains to spawn with pieces is them stacking up somewhere and/or regiments trying to use more than 1 howie/1 cannon. So I myself insisted that all maps have pre-determined arty emplacements, that can be moved of course. Although the arty pieces can be moved closer to each teams' spawns if need be. I was not on the same server as the 22nd/74th, however on the other server the places in the middle where the two sets of artillery were placed were alright; they only were useless when they got charged by the enemy team. I suppose if its an issue for a team to move their own pieces to a 'safer' position because of the lack of defense, then they can be moved closer to spawns.

Although I still say that all maps should have pre-positioned pieces, and trains NOT spawn with anything on them.

edit: also to note I believe Sintra has found a way to force spawn ONLY on base spawns (flag 0 or 1), from what we tested right after Tuesday's event.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:32:22 pm by Offizer »

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 08:24:37 pm »
Thats not the issue. WE dont care about spawning aditional cannons we want to be able to move them using the arty train but it takes like 6-8 mins of dodging bullets to get to them.

Offline Offizer

• Second Lieutenant
  • what is this game?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2016, 11:40:32 pm »
Spoiler
Thats not the issue. WE dont care about spawning aditional cannons we want to be able to move them using the arty train but it takes like 6-8 mins of dodging bullets to get to them.
[close]

Pretty sure I answered that, if you read what I said previously. Like, in the last two sentences I am pretty sure I mentioned your issue specifically. However, just in case I did not. . .

tl;dr i guess: WE WILL MOVE THE ARTY CLOSER TO THE SPAWN ON THE MAP THAT HAS THEM NEAR THE MIDDLE FLAG, JUST FOR THE 74TH.

ALTHOUGH, I STILL THINK THAT THEY SHOULD ONLY BE ON THE MAP SOMEWHERE, AND NOT BE ATTACHED TO THE TRAIN ON SPAWN (keep in mind this is my opinion, and not a set-in-stone requirement, Sintra creates the maps and Karth heads the event.)

Better?

Offline Sleepy

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sleepstar
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2016, 01:32:28 pm »
Regiment Name: 45ème Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Regiment Leader's/Representatives Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/756755557153145
Class applying for: Line
Numbers attending: 18-25
Would you like to sign up weekly?: Yes
Do you agree to follow all the rules stated?: Sure

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2016, 03:38:03 pm »
Regiment Name: 45ème Regiment d'Infanterie de Ligne
Regiment Leader's/Representatives Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/756755557153145
Class applying for: Line
Numbers attending: 18-25
Do you agree to follow all the rules stated?: Sure
Accepted! Show up in teamspeak 15 minutes prior to the event

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2016, 04:54:36 pm »
Change us to 20-30 please. We will keep the cannons ^

We cut alot of people ^

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2016, 01:54:52 am »
Regiment Name: 1tes
Regiment Leader's/Representatives Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/AnalD3stroyer/
Class applying for: Arty
Numbers attending: 8
Do you agree to follow all the rules stated?: Yes