Author Topic: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth  (Read 73546 times)

Offline Airforce987

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: ☵ Man_vs_Bots_Rebirth
« Reply #255 on: October 04, 2017, 03:40:56 am »
Quite coincidentally I was also banned for the name The Bear Jew... I was utterly perplexed for a few moments about how I managed to post on here about an unban request but then I realized the other guy doesnt have underscores and must be a different user. Plus, it happened around the same time so that kind of explains things. For whatever reason, you guys don't allow the word Jew despite the name being a movie reference as well as the fact that I am Jewish IRL, but whatever, I have since changed my username, so there is no more issue.

Name under which you were banned: The_Bear_Jew
Have you checked if you can join the server in the next hour
 (to see if it wasn't a 1 hour ban)?: yes
What was happening when you got banned: Insta-kicked and banned for nickname upon login.
Time and date: don't remember the exact date, was like a week ago
Timezone: EST
User Identification Number: idk how to find that

If you check out our steam group (look for BotsRebirth) you will see that there's a few words that are banned in name tags :  Jew / Gay / Faggot / Fag / Nigger (and all its variations etc.) All the usual troll names they love so much.  Also, no Hitler, Stalin, Nazi or Isis or Jihadi tags and most swear words. We do this to not give a platform to racists or trolls and we find it cuts down on flame chat wars.
Unfortunately its the internet, so there is no way of checking whether someone is Jewish, Martian or Plutonian as they claim, and its our general experience that someone claiming to be so is actually a troll and gets perm banned eventually anyway. This policy on our part just makes the process shorter and less painful for other players and admins.

As we said - don't use the tags, you're welcome - Unban on the way.

Thanks! :)

Offline polakma

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: October 04, 2017, 10:13:20 am »
Enjoy ;3

Polka

Offline Kingcharlemagne

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 24, 2017, 09:54:52 pm »
 (to see if it wasn't a 1 hour ban)?: Yes its been a long while now. I was banned in May.
What was happening when you got banned: I was trolling in chat. to quote Mr.Mohawky Rebirth "I was banned for harassing each one in turn(referring to the admins), demanding server password, chat trolling etc, getting as close to each as possible to make the game uncomfortable for them." Although some of these I'm not sure about I did ask for the password and was harassing the admins but that was because they tend to be talkative and did not mean to be obnoxious.
Time and date: Not sure about the time between 11:00 to 1:00 5/27/17
Timezone: MT
User Identification Number: 773887
Apology: I like playing on the server a lot and miss the good ole days when I played almost every day. I know I was trolling and Apologize.

P.S. Note: Apparently I was banned on a previous server I just wanted to know when and under what name. I only used one name in those days (I didn't know you can make more then one) and I have pictures of me on the server under KingCharlemagne in June of 2016. the latest pic's of me on the server in November of 2016. I can upload that one if you need.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:00:25 pm by Kingcharlemagne »

Offline polakma

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 25, 2017, 01:19:47 pm »
admins but that was because they tend to be talkative and did not mean to be obnoxious.

Yeah, I am guilty of that.
Anyway, I have sent a message to Mohawky to have a look at this.

Love ^^
Polka

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2017, 04:54:04 am »
 (to see if it wasn't a 1 hour ban)?: Yes its been a long while now. I was banned in May.
What was happening when you got banned: I was trolling in chat. to quote Mr.Mohawky Rebirth "I was banned for harassing each one in turn(referring to the admins), demanding server password, chat trolling etc, getting as close to each as possible to make the game uncomfortable for them." Although some of these I'm not sure about I did ask for the password and was harassing the admins but that was because they tend to be talkative and did not mean to be obnoxious.
Time and date: Not sure about the time between 11:00 to 1:00 5/27/17
Timezone: MT
User Identification Number: 773887
Apology: I like playing on the server a lot and miss the good ole days when I played almost every day. I know I was trolling and Apologize.

P.S. Note: Apparently I was banned on a previous server I just wanted to know when and under what name. I only used one name in those days (I didn't know you can make more then one) and I have pictures of me on the server under KingCharlemagne in June of 2016. the latest pic's of me on the server in November of 2016. I can upload that one if you need.

Yup, same answer as before - you are a professional troll, I really don't want you back on the server.

Offline VybeCanJ

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 30, 2017, 12:32:02 am »
This post is going to be a bit long, but that's just because I think I need to include a lot of details. So, to make this a bit easier to read for someone just scrolling on by, I'll put the TL:DR version up top, and get into details below. Sorry for the length.

TL:DR About two days ago I was banned by Mohawky. I had joined under the name "Pro_Immigration" and got kicked. Rejoined (because I thought it was a mistaken afk spec kick), asked why and was told the name was offensive, got kicked again. Rejoined under my alt "Anthem_Kneeler" to speak my peace before being banned. I said "Funny how he kicks the names against hate". This is ALL I said. I did not say anything prior to this. Later, posted on the steam group in unban requests trying to get answers, had all 3 or 4 of my posts deleted.

Full version with details.

Two nights ago, I joined a game under the name Pro_Immigration, I joined late with one life, got killed and went to use the bathroom. I came back just in time for a new map. I picked my character then got kicked, but I figured it must have been a mistake so I rejoined. When I rejoined, someone posted "Why did u kick?", I then posted "^" under that. Mohawky said it was because of the name, then kicked me again. At this point, I was a bit angry because I know the rules. Yes, Pro_Immigration is a liberal name, but it is in NO way offensive to ANYONE. I had not said a single word before I was kicked twice. I thought it was ridiculous to kick someone for that name, why not kick anyone with the name "Trump" Or "Obama", it's on the same level. I know Mohawky wasn't following the outlined rules and was instead kicking based on his own views. I rejoined with my alt, "Anthem_Kneeler" (a name that is even more liberal and would surely get banned, but in the moment, I just had to say my peace), and said "Funny how he kicks the names against hate", then promptly got banned.
At this point, I went to the steam group to post in the Unban Request section and state my case.  I posted what had happened, why I thought I violated no rules before being kicked twice and asked for a proper explanation. Mohawky replied and said that I was apart of a group of 4 intentionally trying to start a flame war in chat. I wasn't angry anymore, I thought he must have made a mistake, fair. I told him he was wrong because I hadn't said a thing before being banned. I told him he should either follow the rules posted, or update them. Later, Mohawky deleted all 3 posts. I posted again asking why, if this meant that the issue was resolved, he deleted that also. So now, I'm here. Last ditch effort to try and reach out to some other admin who is willing to review the incident. As it stands, it's his word against mine, except that...everthing I post is deleted, so I'm powerless in this situation. If any other admin can review this, please do. Mohawky, if you decide to reply to this instead of deleting this, PLEASE take the time to explain to me what rules I violated, and provide proof (a screenshot, script, ANYTHING). Your version of the incident is wrong, please take the time to review it properly.
USER ID 1593114

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 30, 2017, 08:42:14 am »
Trolling of any type is acted against by our admin. This includes trolling by the pro-left / pro-liberal side as well as by the pro-right / alt-right. You were part of a group of four that were deliberately trolling to start flame wars in chat. Whilst the others took the hint and stopped, you persisted - hence the ban.

As to why your posts were deleted - you clearly do not accept that the server is a politicaly neutral place where people can enjoy the game without real world prejudices, politics or religion impinging on it - that means no provocation from either end of the political spectrum.

Quote: "please don't come up with any excuse that isn't factual (LIE), if it is that you are AGAINST liberalism of ANY kind, Say so. At least NA_Deathmatch openly says its racists and FAR FAR right"

Quote: "It is a liberal name...but it is in no way offending ANYONE."

I think you will find the name "Anthem_Kneeler" is very offensive to a great number of Americans, most of whom are not far right. You were deliberately selecting names to provoke a reaction - for this you were banned.

And the quote I found most personally offensive:  "Funny how he kicks the names against hate"  - at which point I concluded you were nothing but a troll.

We take great pains (see the server rules published on our Steam Group) to combat racism and trolling - including "reverse trolling" that you and others were attempting. If you check out our steam group (look for BotsRebirth) you will see that there's a few words that are banned in name tags :  Jew / Gay / Faggot / Fag / Nigger (and all its variations etc.) All the usual troll names they love so much.  Also, no Hitler, Stalin, Nazi or Isis or Jihadi tags and most swear words. We do this to not give a platform to racists or trolls and we find it cuts down on flame chat wars. This includes liberal trolling such as yours.

Essentially, - this is a games server - take your trolling pseudo politics elsewhere.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:47:50 am by Mohawky »

Offline VybeCanJ

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 30, 2017, 01:45:50 pm »
Mohawky, it's clear you don't intend to be rational about this. Please, can any other admin reply to me and review the incident. I stated everything above. I was kicked twice for nothing more than having the name "PRO_IMMIGRATION" That is it. No other incident occurred before this. THAT is the name that got me kicked twice and got me angry at the admin. I HAD NOT VIOLATED THE RULES. The name "PRO_IMMIGRATION" is not offensive. It is liberal, but one could say that about half the names on the server as is. This incident surrounds that name. I repeat. NOTHING ELSE TOOK PLACE BEFORE I WAS KICKED TWICE FOR HAVING IT. Afterwards, I returned with my alt, "Anthem_Kneeler" and spoke my peace, fully knowing I'd get banned, but it was in the heat of the moment.
My point is. THE SET RULES, whether in game or in the full listed rules, does not say explicitly say your name cannot be Conservative or Liberal, it speaks to offensiveness. The name Pro_Immigration is not offensive. Mohawky, you would be the first person to say such a thing. I am not stupid, I know "Anthem_Kneeler" could be viewed as offensive...so I don't use it on certain servers.
PLEASE, explain how PRO_IMMIGRATION violated the rules. Also, please tell me if the following would result in being kicked as well. "Obama", "Hillary", "Trump" etc.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 30, 2017, 10:38:59 pm »
Mohawky, it's clear you don't intend to be rational about this. Please, can any other admin reply to me and review the incident. I stated everything above. I was kicked twice for nothing more than having the name "PRO_IMMIGRATION" That is it. No other incident occurred before this. THAT is the name that got me kicked twice and got me angry at the admin. I HAD NOT VIOLATED THE RULES. The name "PRO_IMMIGRATION" is not offensive. It is liberal, but one could say that about half the names on the server as is. This incident surrounds that name. I repeat. NOTHING ELSE TOOK PLACE BEFORE I WAS KICKED TWICE FOR HAVING IT. Afterwards, I returned with my alt, "Anthem_Kneeler" and spoke my peace, fully knowing I'd get banned, but it was in the heat of the moment.
My point is. THE SET RULES, whether in game or in the full listed rules, does not say explicitly say your name cannot be Conservative or Liberal, it speaks to offensiveness. The name Pro_Immigration is not offensive. Mohawky, you would be the first person to say such a thing. I am not stupid, I know "Anthem_Kneeler" could be viewed as offensive...so I don't use it on certain servers.
PLEASE, explain how PRO_IMMIGRATION violated the rules. Also, please tell me if the following would result in being kicked as well. "Obama", "Hillary", "Trump" etc.

Whatever. Done here.

Offline VybeCanJ

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2017, 04:11:33 pm »
Alright, seems as if nothing is going to be done here. Tried reaching out to other admins, didn't really do much. I'm not sure if everyone is taking Mohawky's word for it, instead of checking the log but....Whatever it is, it's disappointing. I can't really go much further with this. On one hand it makes no sense, on the other, it's really tiring and frustrating because I hate bothering people on Steam..so I'd rather just stop trying to get someone to review it now.

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 11, 2017, 11:38:33 am »
Alright, seems as if nothing is going to be done here. Because I've already offended the Head Admin of Rebirth and tried telling lies to other admins, didn't really do much. I was trolling, refused to apologise, and failed to understand that doing something that I knew would get me perm banned would actually - believe it or not folks, get me perm banned !!!!!!!  Who Knew?  And nobody listens when I whine about what is in my self-righteous opinion not offensive, thinking that this should over rule the Head Admins opinion and server rules. So I'd rather just stop trying to get someone else to review it now, because I realise I've been a bit of a dick.

Excellent. Have fun trolling some other server.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:41:50 am by Mohawky »

Offline Dupel

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 13, 2017, 01:23:54 pm »
Hi! 11.12.2017 i got 3 kick and ban and actually i don't know for what!? Can u help me? This is my first problem with admin-rules on this server !

Mohawky say: "Yup, perm banned after repeated warnings at the point where you stacked your bots in close formation on the Hoth map so that other coms couldnt get there bots past to attack."
I don't saw that, sorry. It was not on purpose. I've just enjoyed the game like everyone. Perm ban..oh...maybe i have another chance? Who is not mistaken guys?

My nick in game KAKTAK_Dupletta
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:37:42 pm by Dupel »

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 13, 2017, 05:41:53 pm »
Hi! 11.12.2017 i got 3 kick and ban and actually i don't know for what!? Can u help me? This is my first problem with admin-rules on this server !

Mohawky say: "Yup, perm banned after repeated warnings at the point where you stacked your bots in close formation on the Hoth map so that other coms couldnt get there bots past to attack."
I don't saw that, sorry. It was not on purpose. I've just enjoyed the game like everyone. Perm ban..oh...maybe i have another chance? Who is not mistaken guys?

No problem, unban on way, don't let it happen again.

Offline Dupel

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 13, 2017, 06:12:46 pm »

No problem, unban on way, don't let it happen again.
Tnx u

Offline polakma

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 14, 2017, 07:25:06 am »
Enjoy your second chance, Dupel <3

Polka