Author Topic: [NW][M] Napoleon In Egypt [Cancelled]  (Read 26214 times)

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [NW][M] Napoleon In Egypt
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 02:32:23 pm »
i will kill muzzies for the glory of the french republic
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 07:13:01 pm »
Waw
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline The Mighty McLovin

• Deserves a better title than this
  • Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 08:04:30 pm »
Signatures have been added and the thread has been updated a little bit too, I'm also making a few adjustments to my troops that I have been working on. I will have screenshots in a day or two. :)

Offline Moldplayer

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Pfd_Lt_McMoldy
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2015, 01:00:39 am »
Not to be a buzzkill but I imagine this mod will seem successful in its first few days but I fail to see how it will be sufficiently different to NW. This could easily be done on NW through some custom maps and a reskin pack surely.
As much as I hate to say this, mods for NW die really fast. Perhaps this would work better as a reskin pack.
Mods die quickly on NW because there has yet to be a good mod yet. When Iron Europe was released the amount of people who logged on at the same time broke the site. This goes to show you that the NW community is interested in a great mod but this had yet to be delievered. Iron Europe, North and South,  Anglo-Zulu and Blood and Iron were all mods made in a time period where Mount and Blade does not work. While BaI/NaS are both being worked on I sincerly doubt (as much as I would love to be wrong) they will succed because of the time period that they chose, plus a number of problems with those mods.

1812 is good, but it does not have the limelight nor the features which would make people switch to a mod which is pretty much the same as NW but in  North America.

I am certain that if a truly great mod was made for NW (preferably during the Napoleonic Wars) then people would play it, so long as it was better then native NW.
Gott damnit moldy, my history page is never safe - 19te_Aussie

Offline Ry1459

• Captain
  • Think about it TWICE.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ry1459
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2015, 04:43:50 am »
Not to be a buzzkill but I imagine this mod will seem successful in its first few days but I fail to see how it will be sufficiently different to NW. This could easily be done on NW through some custom maps and a reskin pack surely.
As much as I hate to say this, mods for NW die really fast. Perhaps this would work better as a reskin pack.
Mods die quickly on NW because there has yet to be a good mod yet. When Iron Europe was released the amount of people who logged on at the same time broke the site. This goes to show you that the NW community is interested in a great mod but this had yet to be delievered. Iron Europe, North and South,  Anglo-Zulu and Blood and Iron were all mods made in a time period where Mount and Blade does not work. While BaI/NaS are both being worked on I sincerly doubt (as much as I would love to be wrong) they will succed because of the time period that they chose, plus a number of problems with those mods.

1812 is good, but it does not have the limelight nor the features which would make people switch to a mod which is pretty much the same as NW but in  North America.

I am certain that if a truly great mod was made for NW (preferably during the Napoleonic Wars) then people would play it, so long as it was better then native NW.
Not sure where you've been, but N&S is thriving right now. Not necessarily on the pub side, but the regiment side of things are pretty big right now. Multiple weekly linebattles with nearly 200 people for them. Plus, with the 1.0 beta release coming, it should hopefully bring back the public servers.

Offline Moldplayer

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 06:20:08 am »

Not sure where you've been, but N&S is thriving right now. Not necessarily on the pub side, but the regiment side of things are pretty big right now. Multiple weekly linebattles with nearly 200 people for them. Plus, with the 1.0 beta release coming, it should hopefully bring back the public servers.
Not meaning to derail the thread buttt..

Public play is dead. I took a look at the events forum for North and South and through a quick scan I saw six events that are probably active (I am going by that they have been posted on in the past month)

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 01:50:44 pm »
I didn't know this was the thread to complain about NW mods dying.

Offline Moldplayer

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 04:00:21 pm »
Aye that was my error in part.

Mod though certainly looks interesting, wishing for the best here.

Offline hardcorefreestyleboy

• Second Lieutenant
  • Yes the name is supposed to be RAINBOWLIKE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: GERRY
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 04:14:51 pm »
dont forget it plans to add new intresting factions as well such as the ottoman empire

What I read:

dont forget add planes
Gerry is butiful!!!

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 07:34:43 pm »
Dis is gonna be shoo gud  :D I'd love to help out on this mod.

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 08:13:53 pm »
Dis is gonna be shoo gud  :D I'd love to help out on this mod.

Thank you. If I need any help then I will know who to ask. :)

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 10:27:38 pm »
Little update: I have been working on some militia troops, but they are subject to change and will be changed. I will also have some historical background of them, so if you know about them, feel free to share.

Private
[close]

Colonel
[close]

Ensign
[close]

Example of the new ranking system and name and stuff.
[close]

Like I said, these are very early works of these and some things are been worked on. Also if you have any suggestions of regiments or anything to be added into the game or suggestions about my screenshots then feel free to post. I am having trouble finding regiments of this war.

Offline JUAN THE GREAT!

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 12:01:48 am »
This is what the regulation uniform was during the Egyptian Campgain
Spoiler
[close]

Hussars
Spoiler
[close]

They were also lancers

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2015, 05:35:13 am »
doing drive bys on camels
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2015, 08:53:12 pm »

Well i dont agree with this. IE may be a stretch for this engine but N&S works perfectly on it and isn't too different from NW. Blood and Iron works fine too because the guns are single shot. In fact this is probably the best game engine for games set between 1500-1890 due to the nature of the shooting mechanics. It favours musket and single shot guns.