Author Topic: Unable to save a changed name  (Read 169 times)

Offline King_George

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King_George
  • Side: Union
Unable to save a changed name
« on: August 07, 2017, 02:34:51 pm »
The basics of the problem is that every time I change my NW character name, leave the game and then run it back up, it somehow gets back to the old character name. Even when I delete it, it somehow resurrects itself back and is there. I tried uninstalling but it didn't work.

Any help is appreciated!

Offline NiPhix

• General
  • Message me for Graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ex-17e_Cpl_NiPhix_Lannes
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Unable to save a changed name
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 02:40:55 pm »
After you changed that name, did you also play? I have had it too. I changed name of the guy one time then immeadetly quit. When I came back into the game the name was not there. Just connect one time to a server when made a new character if you haven't tried it yet.
The Dragon’s fang can’t reach the tiger crouching on the ground but it will be drawn by the winds on its wings to be shred by the dragon’s claw.

Offline King_George

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King_George
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 07:22:21 pm »
After you changed that name, did you also play? I have had it too. I changed name of the guy one time then immeadetly quit. When I came back into the game the name was not there. Just connect one time to a server when made a new character if you haven't tried it yet.

Already played like, 6 or so times, every time I changed it manually and it didn't save. I tried quitting with clicking on the X when in window mode, I tried playing on a server and then quitting through going out to Exit game and doing it properly, still didn't work...

Offline NiPhix

• General
  • Message me for Graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ex-17e_Cpl_NiPhix_Lannes
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 07:33:00 pm »
I would suggest you go to Steam and right click on MNB delete game content. Then go to the M&B map from your steamapps/common/Mount and Blade Warband 

And delete the folder Mount and Blade Warband. Then Re-install your game again. If you have done that stepwise, and it still doesn't work I'd suggest you ask it on the TaleWorlds forums. A lot of people there know about mnb game problems and stuff.
The Dragon’s fang can’t reach the tiger crouching on the ground but it will be drawn by the winds on its wings to be shred by the dragon’s claw.