Author Topic: Thoughts on The "New" Spiderman film? *Spoilers*  (Read 1361 times)

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
  • Side: Union
Thoughts on The "New" Spiderman film? *Spoilers*
« on: July 08, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »
What are your thoughts on the new film. Ie. Casting? Filming techniques and anything in general.

These are my thoughts. Feel free to disagree and start some discussion.

Pros:
- Young Spider-Man, it feels good watching him go through the typical American highschool stuff.
- No boring repeat of Uncle Ben's death
- Some neat ideas to push forward the idea of Peter Parker being a young innocent teen wanting to be "cool" eg. The opening sequence of the film where he is making a sort of home video. It gives a down to earth feeling about this movie. We see Peter Parker is giddy with the idea of this "internship".
- Aunt May is a milf.

Cons:
- As usual, Marvel keeps it light hearted. When compared to Raimi's much darker Spider-Man films, I don't feel as if there are enough consequences. It just seems like anything Peter does wrong, Tony Stark just comes and saves the day. Which I understand as he is saving the people on the ferry
- Pacing seemed a little slow at some points, lots of down-time but I think it was for the sake of building spidey's character. .

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 06:31:51 pm by PurplePanda »

AeroNinja

Re: Thoughts on The "New" Spiderman film? *Spoilers*
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 06:36:32 pm »
I think it has potential to have a refreshment in the movie series.

Offline skoz

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 01:22:16 am »
xd worthy but ending was very cliche

Offline Swirlyo

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 09:44:31 am »
I've never been A fan Spiderman movies or any Marvel movies tbh. It was refreshing to see the new actor, and I'm glad they skipped the usual uncle ben death scene. But I didn't enjoy the movie because 30 mins into the movie I allready knew what the end was going to be. Same old "Boss Batte" at the end. I enjoy the dark side of DC movies and I hope we can see this in future Marvel movies.

Offline Siwi

• Donator
  • Where is BCoF
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -|- Where is BCoF -|-
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 09:14:52 am »
Found the gay kid
Quote from: George W. Bush on 9/11
Battle Cry of Freedom was an inside job
NW Leaderboards
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
NA_Groupfighting

Check out the site

Offline Phillyz

• Colonel
  • Art & Graphics Person.
    • View Profile
    • Neptune Designs
  • Nick: Philly
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2017, 03:49:54 pm »
It was an "alright" movie.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2017, 05:23:07 pm »
Marvel doesn't really do a good job of giving convincing villains. The vast majority of their plots centers on the heroes (which isn't bad but it doesn't give a balanced movie). You can see how successful a villain can be when you look at Spider-Man 2, the Dark Knight, or really any movie where the villain gets a chance to tell people why he thinks he correct or how he sees himself as a hero despite it being the opposite. I hope this is remedied because that's what made Sami Rami's Spidermans much better. It focused on the faults of Peter Parker and how he struggled to live with being Spider-Man and then giving a convincing villain.

Also hated the PC but that's just me.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 08:12:08 pm »
I just saw this movie. Actually thought it was pretty good. Thought they overdid some of the comedy and didn't really like Iron mans appearance and super suit. Buts thats pretty much it. Imo Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man out of all the movies. I was a little bit concerned about Vulture being the main villain as I always thought of him as more of a d-class villain, but he was actually pretty good

I hope Zendaya isn't actually Mary Jane :(

O and I didn't like the actor who played Flash Thompson. I can't see him as venom
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 08:16:55 pm by BabyJesus »
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time