Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 63759 times)

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread
« Reply #435 on: December 24, 2017, 05:54:54 am »
I recently started watching Black Mirror on Netflix. Has anyone else watched it, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #436 on: December 24, 2017, 06:05:24 am »
I recently started watching Black Mirror on Netflix. Has anyone else watched it, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?
Yo I been watching that too and I'm enjoying it. Some of them start off slow but are worth to watch to the end. Every episode is pretty unsettling in some way. That pedo episode and the memory chip one fucked me up

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 24, 2017, 07:07:10 am »
Yo I been watching that too and I'm enjoying it. Some of them start off slow but are worth to watch to the end. Every episode is pretty unsettling in some way. That pedo episode and the memory chip one fucked me up
The bike one really fucked me up as well as the chip episode. It is honestly one of the first shows that has continuously fucked me up with great episodes. I love how the show isn't afraid to ridicule society with satire and create unsettling scenarios.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #438 on: December 24, 2017, 04:14:47 pm »
The bike one really fucked me up as well as the chip episode. It is honestly one of the first shows that has continuously fucked me up with great episodes. I love how the show isn't afraid to ridicule society with satire and create unsettling scenarioso
Yeah the bike one was good too. You should watch the Christmas episode if you haven't already. Main actor from Mad Men (Jon Hamm) is in it and it turns out to be one of the best episodes in the series. I do enjoy the shows satire mixed with the unsettling message about society/technology.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #439 on: December 28, 2017, 11:57:41 pm »
The Great Wall has some amazing visuals and battle scenes but Jesus the plot and some it’s concepts are just fucking retarded
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: December 29, 2017, 09:47:07 am »
The bike one really fucked me up as well as the chip episode. It is honestly one of the first shows that has continuously fucked me up with great episodes. I love how the show isn't afraid to ridicule society with satire and create unsettling scenarioso
Yeah the bike one was good too. You should watch the Christmas episode if you haven't already. Main actor from Mad Men (Jon Hamm) is in it and it turns out to be one of the best episodes in the series. I do enjoy the shows satire mixed with the unsettling message about society/technology.

Black Mirror is great, though Season 3 was a bit hit and miss (probably because up till then it was 3 episodes a season but it got taken on by Netflix who wanted 6, so quality declined a little I feel). Season 4 is out today on Netflix by the way!

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #441 on: February 15, 2018, 11:38:32 pm »
GoT writers getting a star wars series which is interesting I guess. I never found their writing great when it strayed from Martin's book material.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Norwegian13

« Reply #442 on: February 15, 2018, 11:41:27 pm »
GoT writers getting a star wars series which is interesting I guess. I never found their writing great when it strayed from Martin's book material.

I agree. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. Are you guys excited for the upcoming Han Solo movie?

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 16, 2018, 12:37:11 am »

I agree. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. Will be interesting to see what they come up with. Are you guys excited for the upcoming Han Solo movie?
Hopefully its more like Rogue One and less like the most recent one

Norwegian13

« Reply #444 on: February 16, 2018, 12:48:59 am »

I didn't even bother seeing the latest movie, I guess I'll do it sometime but I don't know, didn't really get excited for it at all. Not sure yet whether or not I'm gonna watch Solo. Probably. Although unsure if I'll do it when it comes out or if I'll do the same thing I'm doing with TLJ :P

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 16, 2018, 01:08:22 am »

I didn't even bother seeing the latest movie, I guess I'll do it sometime but I don't know, didn't really get excited for it at all. Not sure yet whether or not I'm gonna watch Solo. Probably. Although unsure if I'll do it when it comes out or if I'll do the same thing I'm doing with TLJ :P
Same haha, I haven't bothered to go and see the most recent one ;p

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 16, 2018, 01:24:15 am »
I just want a movie about Obi Wan tbh

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 16, 2018, 02:21:59 am »
I just want a movie about Obi Wan tbh
This. Many would have preferred an Obi wan movie with Ewan McGregor over a Han Solo movie which will probably just end up being a Wild West film in space

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #448 on: February 16, 2018, 03:02:45 am »

am I the only one that didn’t think rouge one was that great?
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 16, 2018, 03:07:30 am »
Well I suppose part of the movie felt slow and uninteresting, I loved how they added a few new characters though and created more depth behind the whole ''Team that captured the blueprints from the Death Star''. Which was always kind of an ''unknown'' topic, besides that the rebellion just suddenly received them through a team.
It helps shape the star wars universe further.
Especially the ending IMO was one of the best Star Wars movie endings, the chills that I felt when I saw Vader appear was quite insane.