Poll

Can Labour ever recover from their current situation?

Yes
13 (36.1%)
No
23 (63.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: UK General Election Thread - New Poll every Sunday  (Read 31202 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: UK General Election Thread - With Poll
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2015, 06:10:41 pm »
I think you could hardly call the SNP a localised party in these elections. From what I've heard, them be playing large role now.

Well they wont stand anywhere else in the UK other than Scotland.

I thought they were gaining popularity, even in other parts of the country.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 06:25:14 pm »
I think you could hardly call the SNP a localised party in these elections. From what I've heard, them be playing large role now.

Well they wont stand anywhere else in the UK other than Scotland.

I thought they were gaining popularity, even in other parts of the country.

They are, but the majority of the UK can't vote for them.

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2015, 04:42:37 pm »
Some random Labour people came to our house to ask us to vote Labour next month. I explained to them that this is a Home County, and shut the door.
#Tories2k15 :P
<3

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2015, 05:07:49 pm »
Some random Labour people came to our house to ask us to vote Labour next month. I explained to them that this is a Home County, and shut the door.
#Tories2k15 :P
Wai. They already dun goof'd. I don't want them butchering the NHS any more than they already did.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2015, 05:13:11 pm »

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2015, 05:23:00 pm »
this is ancient  >:(

Spoiler
@Tiki, the NHS in the area in which I've been living for nearly a year now (and my father for three, he moved out earlier than the rest of us from Greece) has been pretty decent - no waiting lists and some very nice and friendly doctors. Perhaps its my relative bias comparing everything to the shithole Greek healthcare was turned into after austerity, but all of our encounters with them have been very smooth - I can't say that we felt the NHS cuts even recently. But I would vote for Tory regardless -
[close]
<3

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2015, 05:24:04 pm »
healthcare is about a privatised as it comes 'round here.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2015, 05:31:02 pm »
Please tell me you are joking.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2015, 05:40:48 pm »
Please tell me you are joking.

Please tell me why I should.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2015, 05:45:28 pm »
Because saying Dutch healthcare is 'about as privatized at it comes' is nothing short of a complete lie. While it's true that we have introduced some free market elements in healthcare, it's still subsided and often completely paid for by the government trough the 'Personal budget' (Not sure how to translate that in English, we know it as 'Persoonsgebonden budget'. Besides the fact we have extended laws regulating mandatory healthcare.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2015, 05:48:33 pm »
the NHS in the area in which I've been living for nearly a year now (and my father for three, he moved out earlier than the rest of us from Greece) has been pretty decent - no waiting lists and some very nice and friendly doctors. Perhaps its my relative bias comparing everything to the shithole Greek healthcare was turned into after austerity, but all of our encounters with them have been very smooth - I can't say that we felt the NHS cuts even recently. But I would vote for Tory regardless -
The NHS itself is obviously not private, so you've been experiencing public healthcare, which works fine - when you don't fuck with it. YOU might not feel the NHS cuts, but it's vulnerable patients who definitely do, as do healthcare staff. Patients have to be practically pushed out of hospital in some areas due to the bed shortages. It's easy to brush off the complaints and say "it's not affecting me, so it's obviously not an issue", but when you actually look into it, it has a huge impact on society as a whole. Staff working longer hours and fewer beds available definitely don't have a positive impact on society let me tell you.

As for why no to privatisation of healthcare, well, first of all look at the drug industry. That alone should be enough reason.
The other (more relevant to the average joe) reason is that it would take even more funding away from deprived areas, which already have significantly less invested in them, despite needing it more than well-off areas. That same principle would also be applied to actual procedures, with the ones which you can make money off of being done by private companies, thus taking away extra funds which could otherwise be put back into the healthcare system to subsidise more expensive procedures.

Offline Maurice

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2015, 07:17:48 pm »
What does everyone think about the increased emphasis placed on mental healthcare this election?

Large groups of people are saying it have the same priority and funding as physical healthcare or at least placed under the same umbrella. I'm skeptical about this and find that trying to get an explanation out of someone usually results in them patronising me saying shit like 'You don't understand'.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2015, 07:57:37 pm »
Because saying Dutch healthcare is 'about as privatized at it comes' is nothing short of a complete lie. While it's true that we have introduced some free market elements in healthcare, it's still subsided and often completely paid for by the government trough the 'Personal budget' (Not sure how to translate that in English, we know it as 'Persoonsgebonden budget'. Besides the fact we have extended laws regulating mandatory healthcare.

Except that for some weird fucking reason the insurance companies can decide if they WANT to provide certain treatment or not. Shell is in a lawsuit at the moment on this topic.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2015, 07:58:52 pm »
Shell, an insurance company? Shell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Dutch_Shell

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2015, 07:59:47 pm »
Shell, an insurance company? Shell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Dutch_Shell
Read. I did notsay Shell is an insurance company. Don't belittle even more than you already do. My point was clear.