Author Topic: Dedicated Server Hosting Guide  (Read 76460 times)

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Dedicated Server Hosting Guide
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2016, 05:10:47 am »
you have to have a map that restricts it.  It is not a server side setting that can be changed.(not by default anyways)

use this to learn how to make a map, or modify a map(you can modify any map) and make it cav only.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,228008.0.html
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Syrcrim

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45e_Cpt_Syrcrim
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2018, 01:41:39 pm »
Hello ! Can i host a server with 200+ slots ? (like 220)

Offline NiKeL11

• Sergeant
  • PATACONES ROCK
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [6L]Astor
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2020, 08:14:36 pm »
It's only appearing in the LAN list. There are also two instances of the server, despite only opening the bat file once...
The same thing happens to me, the SV only appears to me in LAN, and when I want to enter it tells me "you are banned".
If you could solve it, would you tell me how did you do it please?

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2020, 09:29:08 pm »
It's only appearing in the LAN list. There are also two instances of the server, despite only opening the bat file once...
The same thing happens to me, the SV only appears to me in LAN, and when I want to enter it tells me "you are banned".

As for being banned from your dedicated server on LAN, I have the same issue and found no answers. But then I accidently ran into mention of this on Taleworlds forum, it is an issue that they will fix eventually.

What was mentioned as a workaround is running the server from a different network.

Offline SwissGronkh

• Brigadier General
  • Man with 10 Skillpoints on luck.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_Trp_Swissy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2020, 04:54:40 pm »

As for being banned from your dedicated server on LAN, I have the same issue and found no answers. But then I accidently ran into mention of this on Taleworlds forum, it is an issue that they will fix eventually.

What was mentioned as a workaround is running the server from a different network.

If i'm informed correct, it should work again.

1x3 years 2Lhr,  1xVerdienstkreuz 2. Klasse, 1xKleine Gefechtsspange, 1xSilver Star,  5xBronze Star

Offline jacobwallace

• Private
  • Offshore dedicated - DedicatedHosting4u
    • View Profile
    • DedicatedHosting4u
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2021, 12:14:15 pm »
Dedicated Servers from DedicatedHosting.com have high-capacity SSD storage, new generation processors, and management software. New-generation processors, high-memory servers, and high performance are only a few of the features available. Now is the time to register. Server that is secure. There is a no-cost EMI option available. Processors with many threads.
Dedicatedhosting4u.com is a well established name for solutions on self managed dedicated servers and managed hosting services. We are immensely indulged in providing solutions on the deployment of online business for various clients since a decade.

Dedicated Servers with No Setup Fee, No Contracts, No UAP, Additional IP Available, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24*7 Customer Support, Enterprise Hardware, Free 6 Hours Express Delivery, Free 32 GB RAM Upgrade with all dedicated Server plans available now and get a secure and stable platform for your business. We supply with the quality hardware along with high level of customer support. your best choice for a dedicated server. If you are looking for a Server and reliable internet connectivity as well as top notch, no excuses support, you have reached the right place-Our fully redundant network and experienced technical support staff will have you up and running in no time with fine gear. We will always be when you need us, a partner in your su

Offline DoubleBread

• Sergeant
  • Salakien's wife basically
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
  • Nick: 56e DoubleBread
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2023, 12:40:28 pm »
Hi, could somebody please help me out with renaming custom maps? What file(s) is it done in? I tried renaming them in "scenes" but it doesn't do anything. The most logical file that could change it seemed to be "strings" to me as that defines what certain commands look like to humans in game and not just the machine reading, but that somehow messed up everything and I had to reset it to its original state.

EDIT: Just to clarify, what I mean is making it possible for what is shown as "scn_mp_custom_map_1" in "scenes" to show up as, say, "My Custom Map" in the in-game admin control panel and while changing maps. I tried searching through all the forum but nobody seems to mention it anywhere. I've seen that it's possible, though.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 01:12:53 pm by DoubleBread »

Wursti

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2023, 01:24:56 pm »
Yes you just have to change it in strings.txt if im not wrong

Or Your_Map_Name (im not sure actually)

If that didnt work for you I can take a look at the file and see if anything was wrong as it should be how it works normally
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 01:29:43 pm by Wursti »

Offline DoubleBread

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2023, 02:23:53 pm »
Yes you just have to change it in strings.txt if im not wrong

Or Your_Map_Name (im not sure actually)

If that didnt work for you I can take a look at the file and see if anything was wrong as it should be how it works normally
I did that (Your_Map_Name, since all the other strings also have that symbol) but then when I tried it out on the server, random unrelated strings started showing up in the chat although I didn't change anything else. I could briefly see the new name in the control panel but it associated itself with a different custom map and suddenly all the custom maps started loading under different numbers (for example when I wanted to load custom map 3, it loaded custom map 2 but showed that it's 3, etc). Just utter chaos :D Not sure what I did wrong, I could send you the "strings" file but idk how that'll help as I really only changed that one string. I appreciate the help!

Wursti

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2023, 02:44:50 pm »
This worked for me

Did you also change the names back to the original in the scenes.txt?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 02:50:19 pm by Wursti »

Offline DoubleBread

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2023, 03:40:17 pm »
Did you also change the names back to the original in the scenes.txt?
Yes.

Let me show you what's happening on my side.

These are my 10 custom maps I use on the server, located in "SceneObj":
Spoiler
[close]
Scenes:
Spoiler
[close]
My new attempt at changes in "strings":
Spoiler
[close]

This is the result (sorry for low quality if you're seeing this minutes after upload):
https://youtu.be/2-nLEgLLUWk?si=R5AUFNIvrdlHKipo *
*I just realized what I'm saying at 0:53 is actually not true, the map that loaded as "Random Forest" is custom map 2, so it seems to load not the second map in order (after the one it's supposed to load), but the 3rd.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 04:25:18 pm by DoubleBread »

Offline Matues

• Sergeant Major
  • New FSE, New Me
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 102nd KGL Tuesy
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2023, 04:18:37 pm »
i never figured this out either, all my maps were just overwrites of original-game maps or overwrites of 'custom map 1,2,3..'

so even though i don't host trench battle anymore, I'm kinda intruigued to see the answer for how to custom name the maps

Wursti

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2023, 08:03:52 pm »
The first unrelated string you showed was a string of a custom flag name which shouldnt really be related to that, or doesnt it happen if you dont change it?

Could be that the scripts you use change how stuff works / is shown, as I did it on a vanilla server without any changes except the 2 custom maps that I renamed

Offline DoubleBread

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2023, 09:11:48 pm »
The first unrelated string you showed was a string of a custom flag name which shouldnt really be related to that, or doesnt it happen if you dont change it?

Could be that the scripts you use change how stuff works / is shown, as I did it on a vanilla server without any changes except the 2 custom maps that I renamed
It could be, I'm not very familiar with scripting and I'm not sure what changes we have that are not vanilla, I'm not aware that there would be any. We use a configuration that defines what factions, map and rules are set on server reset + a whitelist but that's about it. I guess I'll leave it be for now but if anyone still has any ideas, I'd welcome them  ;D

Btw the custom flag string only shows when I'm trying this out, it's not a normal behaviour. The same goes with the horse string.

Offline DoubleBread

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2023, 11:44:33 pm »
i never figured this out either, all my maps were just overwrites of original-game maps or overwrites of 'custom map 1,2,3..'

so even though i don't host trench battle anymore, I'm kinda intruigued to see the answer for how to custom name the maps
If you're still interested, Wursti and I looked into it and I figured the problem occured because I kept editing the "strings" file directly inside the server files instead of editing it outside the files and then placing it there manually. So, Wursti's first answer is legit - it works just fine now  ;D ;D So, problem fixed!