Author Topic: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!  (Read 310221 times)

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Have a question about Modding? Ask Here!
« Reply #1350 on: November 23, 2015, 10:46:22 am »
I think, if you put more then 1 uniform on a troop, in the module_troops, they will randomize. Else you could always do it the partizani/sailor way
Yup the most easiest way is setting in module_troops the uniforms to be randomized, like itm_british_infantry, itm_british_infantry_variant etc each uniform added to the mix will increase the randomization and putting a uniform multiple times over one like a weapon can decrease or increase the likelihood to show up.
Wait, is this possible without having a incompatible module with everyone else? :o

If you just alter your version of module troops on vanilla NW by adding more clothing variants and log on to a standard server, chances are you'll spawn naked and get "kicked for cheating" by a script.

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #1351 on: November 23, 2015, 12:06:51 pm »
I think, if you put more then 1 uniform on a troop, in the module_troops, they will randomize. Else you could always do it the partizani/sailor way
Yup the most easiest way is setting in module_troops the uniforms to be randomized, like itm_british_infantry, itm_british_infantry_variant etc each uniform added to the mix will increase the randomization and putting a uniform multiple times over one like a weapon can decrease or increase the likelihood to show up.
Wait, is this possible without having a incompatible module with everyone else? :o

If you just alter your version of module troops on vanilla NW by adding more clothing variants and log on to a standard server, chances are you'll spawn naked and get "kicked for cheating" by a script.
Called it.

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #1352 on: November 25, 2015, 04:34:58 pm »
Ive got a question , is there any mod that will replace music to distand battle sounds?
I want to feel deeper into the battlefield of NW
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1353 on: November 25, 2015, 04:42:13 pm »
Ive got a question , is there any mod that will replace music to distand battle sounds?
I know only WaT

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 26, 2015, 10:24:51 am »
Does anyone knows how can i make uniforms look a bit dirty with mud on them?

Offline Kaasovic

• Donator
  • * and Obelix
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Anonymous
« Reply #1355 on: November 26, 2015, 10:28:44 am »
Edit the texture lol
Developer of NordInvasion. Hi mum.

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 26, 2015, 11:00:27 am »
Find stains as images (probs. best with pngs.) and just edit them onto the uniform(s)?

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 26, 2015, 11:35:33 am »

-Download some atmospheric battlefield background sound (or if can't find any you're happy with, learn to use free software like Audacity to create one long sound composed of several smaller sounds you downloaded, play around with effects menu to create the impression of distance and open space).
-Then, in case you just downloaded a sound, it will probably be .wav or .mp3, use some free tool to convert your sound into .ogg format (there are even websites where you can convert files online without downloading any program).
-Then, per each .ogg file in Modules/Napoleonic Wars/Music/ copy your new .ogg file into that folder, each time renaming the file as one of music files, so you overwrite them all. In the end folder should look the same with all the files named the same way, with difference being that each file will actually be that sound you prepared. Alternatively you could prepare several different sounds rather than one, so as music track changes so do sounds change, adding randomness to it all.
-Test in-game. Fix problems if they pop up or alter the sound more if you're not happy with it.
-After you're sure it is all working well, pack your Music folder into .rar or .zip, upload to forum, make forum thread about a new modification and name it after yourself, and voilĂ , there is now a mod which does what you wanted it to.

Does anyone knows how can i make uniforms look a bit dirty with mud on them?
Impossible without altering each damn texture, and there are many. Photoshop and some other programs can do batch operations on large number of files, meaning you could automatize adding mud layer to many images, but results wouldn't be as good as if you drawn mud by hand. Adding good looking mud to all uniforms is a large project (not to mention you would have to alter normalmap and specularmap images as well for most realistic results) but you could add mud to one uniform for fun and practice, look for some texturing tutorial around here or on taleworlds forum.

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 26, 2015, 12:49:55 pm »
Thanks for reply ! :D

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 26, 2015, 01:18:04 pm »
-Download some atmospheric battlefield background sound (or if can't find any you're happy with, learn to use free software like Audacity to create one long sound composed of several smaller sounds you downloaded, play around with effects menu to create the impression of distance and open space).
-Then, in case you just downloaded a sound, it will probably be .wav or .mp3, use some free tool to convert your sound into .ogg format (there are even websites where you can convert files online without downloading any program).
-Then, per each .ogg file in Modules/Napoleonic Wars/Music/ copy your new .ogg file into that folder, each time renaming the file as one of music files, so you overwrite them all. In the end folder should look the same with all the files named the same way, with difference being that each file will actually be that sound you prepared. Alternatively you could prepare several different sounds rather than one, so as music track changes so do sounds change, adding randomness to it all.
-Test in-game. Fix problems if they pop up or alter the sound more if you're not happy with it.
-After you're sure it is all working well, pack your Music folder into .rar or .zip, upload to forum, make forum thread about a new modification and name it after yourself, and voilĂ , there is now a mod which does what you wanted it to.

I forgot to add, this is just the most brute way to replace music, as I assumed you don't want to touch coding and would do grinding manual work instead.

To make your modification more professional and a smaller download, you can try editing music.txt or compiling from module system (after altering entries module_music.py), and then distribute your version of music.txt with your sound files. It would be a smaller download as your list of music would include only the files you created, there would be no duplicate sound files to download, and there would be less grinding work as you wouldn't have to replace all the existing music files.

Also, you might want to leave mm_intro.ogg as it is, unless you want battlefield sounds to be heard in main menu as well, I'm not sure if this would be cool or annoying.

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 26, 2015, 02:21:26 pm »
Thanks  , is there a way to insert an audio file into answer? i would like to show you and ask is it good :D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:26:54 pm by Johny_Nawalony »

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 30, 2015, 06:00:30 pm »
I would like to ask how can i make banner look like this ->
Spoiler
[close]
From this ->
Spoiler
[close]
(DINTS)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 06:02:27 pm by Johny_Nawalony »

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #1362 on: December 16, 2015, 06:43:48 pm »
I would like to ask how can i make banner look like this ->
Spoiler
[close]
From this ->
Spoiler
[close]
(DINTS)
I'm too trying to figure out :/

Offline Conway

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41stNY_Whatever_Conway
« Reply #1363 on: December 16, 2015, 10:45:06 pm »
http://s18.postimg.org/o9m976049/transparento2.png

Put it in the layer above your flag.

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: December 17, 2015, 02:51:43 pm »
Dayum Thx