Author Topic: 23rd Regiment of Foot "Royal Welsh Fusiliers" *REFORM INCOMING!!!*  (Read 52589 times)

Offline Dodge

• First Lieutenant
  • Long Live the King!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy

God Save the King!

The 23rd Regiment of Foot "Royal Welsh Fusiliers" was founded by Captain Dodge and his friend Adjutant Wallace. After the unfortunate disbandment of the Nr 7 Carl Schroder Dodge decided that it was best to hold onto what was left of the Nr7 that was willing to continue their career in Mount and Blade Napoleonic Wars and form a regiment. Ever since the creation of the regiment we have created a community which helps sustain the regiment with an active total of 15 men per linebattle or 10 at the least. We do not wish to turn Napoleonic Wars into a job by putting constant amount of time into the game either in recruitment or practicing our melee which is why we do not consider ourselves to be competative as we just wish to do some good old fashioned linebattle, and maybe once in a while we may schedule a event where it would be our regiment against another. I (Dodge) Had led two other regiments besides this one in the past, my first regiment was the Kurmark Landwehr infanterie batailon and it was founded about two years ago, unfortunatly due to inactivity we had to disband three months into its creation. My second regiment was the 4th King's Own Regiment of Foot which had a long history of disbanding, renaming and reformations but at the same time including a good middle history when our regiment brought good attendance, had excellent discipline and was fierce in melee, in the end it disbanded because of a mix of instability from disbanding, reforming, renaming, the regiment loosing its former discipline and a loss of will to continue as captain. However the 4th King's Own Regiment of foot had lasted for a good seven months before its disbandment and includes some of my best memories of leading. Finally I am now captain of the 23rd, which I hope will bring me to some of the good memories I had in the 4th and bring a good experiance to my rankers as I had a very good experiance being a ranker in other people's regiment.

History
The Royal Welch Fusiliers was an infantry regiment of the British Army, part of the Prince of Wales' Division. It was founded in 1689 to oppose James II and the imminent war with France. The regiment was numbered as the 23rd Regiment of Foot, though it was one of the first regiments to be granted the honour of a fusilier title and so was known as The Welsh Regiment of Fusiliers from 1702. The "Royal" accolade was earned fighting in the War of the Spanish Succession in 1713.
It was one of the oldest regiments in the regular army, hence the archaic spelling of the word Welch instead of Welsh. In the Boer War and throughout the First World War, the army officially called the regiment "The Royal Welsh Fusiliers" but the archaic "Welch" was officially restored to the regiment's title in 1920 under Army Order No.56. During those decades, the regiment itself unofficially used the "Welch" form. The regiment was amalgamated with the Royal Regiment of Wales (RRW) on 1 March 2006, to become 1st Battalion, The Royal Welsh (RRW becoming the 2nd Bn).

Ranks
Commanding Officers

Captain - The captain is the leader of the regiment. The captain will supervise all officers and non-commissioned officers below him. The captain will ensure that all officers are performing their duties.

Lieutenant - The lieutenant is the second in command of the regiment and will assist the captain when asked. The lieutenant will take command of the line when the captain has been killed in combat.

Adjutant - A Adjutant is third in command of the regiment and will assist the lieutenant or the captain when asked. The adjutant will take command of the line when either the lieutenant or the captain have died in combat. 

Non-Commissioned Officers

Serjeant Major - The Serjeant Major is the leading Non-Commissioned Officer, he orders the other NCO's on what to do and enforces discipline in the line.

Serjeant - A Serjeant observes the line and ensures that all members of the regiment are in their place to keep a neat and orderly line.

Corporal - A Corporal is the lowest rank for an NCO. The Corporal will be in the rear of the line to take control in a reverse column, he is also there to assist the Serjeant in forming a orderly line.

Enlisted Rankers

Lance Corporal - The Lance Corporal is a very professional, experienced and disciplined member of the regiment who can become the next Corporal when there is availability.

Guard - A Guard is a someone who has not only been in the regiment for a fair amount of time but at the same time has shown good discipline and skill in melee. Most importantly for the Guard is to be excellent in their melee skills. A Guard is the best example of discipline and skill in the regiment.

Regular - The Regular is the backbone rank of the regiment, he is neither really good at shooting or really good in melee but he is disciplined and has been a member of the regiment for some time.

Private - The Private is a member of the regiment who will be most observed to see if he will continue his time in the regiment or not. Its expected that the private begin to have a decent understanding of how the regiment works and develop discipline within the line.

Recruit - The Recruit is a new member of the regiment, a recruit must attend three battles to become a private.

Screenshots
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:53:06 am by Dodge »

Offline Dodge

• First Lieutenant
  • Long Live the King!
    • View Profile
Re: 23rd Regiment of Foot "Royal Welsh Fusiliers" [Recruiting NA]
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 12:33:57 am »
Infantry

Commissioned Officers

Captain Dodge
Lieutenant Prower
Adjutant Risk

Non-Commissioned Officers
Serjeant Major Bergemann
Serjeant Jedi Joda
Corporal Wolf
Corporal Grizlembear

Commissioned Officers:  3
Non-Commissioned Officers: 4
Enlisted: - 16
Recruits: - 10
Total Strength: - 33

Enlisted Men

Lance Corporal SirDave
Lance Corporal SteveUrkle13
Lance Corporal Jod13
Guard Kevin
Guard Tyler
Guard Nero
Guard Kingslaya
Regular Ayden
Regular Faketaxi
Regular Charles
Regular UglyGoblin
Regular LuckyDucky
Regular Devorak
Regular Juanplayz
Regular CaptainCrunch
Private Trogdor

Recruits

Recruit Sarge
Recruit Maximus
Recruit Rhodes
Recruit Panda
Recruit Klaus
Recruit Neptune
Recruit Nansha
Recruit Beans
Recruit Napleon Bonaparte
Recruit Skirm Miller

*Roster does not include reserves
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 03:11:13 am by Dodge »

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 12:37:22 am »
Good Luck
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?

Offline Dodge

• First Lieutenant
  • Long Live the King!
    • View Profile

Offline Wolfster

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 44th best th
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 12:58:20 am »