Author Topic: Anymore Factions?  (Read 24983 times)

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
  • A glorious death is his who for his country falls.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Timo
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Anymore Factions?
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2014, 08:17:05 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline Captain_Ageati

• Corporal
  • Kosovo je Srbija!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ageati
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2014, 02:00:24 am »
We all know *puts on red beret and picks up accordian* that Serbia of course, won the war by itself without help from filthy weaklings like Britain and France and should therefore be the only faction. Iron Europe should just be Serbia and the rest of the world.

Spoiler
[close]
Wy You So Rascist Against Serbia?!
The reason people make fun of Serbia is because there are very nationalistic people from Serbia on here and it is just fun to troll them.

I'm born in Brit Serb and it's still fun to troll Serbia. It's just so damn funny.

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2014, 09:37:32 am »

@Nardu
I never said that the US made the greatest contribution. I'm simply stating that it is silly to say that the US did not play and important role in the war. Regardless of how well the they actually fought, the sheer anount of men and industrial power that the US brought to the war was a major factor in ending the war. If you look at statistics, it's really impossible to argue this. Unless if you create another strawman and argue against a point I never made.

I never said you said, in fact i was agreeing with you :)
 but i'm not native english speaker so my sentences can look rudes on the way i turn em. Sorry.

Yes you true, that is why i said they were decisives and not the greatest helpers too :)

But the men they gave us were more usefull by replacing experienced and veteran units we could use in decisive actions, and to rebalance the size of armies in our way. This explanation was an agreement to your sentence about amuricans thinking they won the war alone ( as for ww2 when we know USSR fought 80% of axis troops) because they saw history by the biased view of modern era.

Offline Prince_Eugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19th_Fus_Prince_Eugen
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2014, 07:37:05 pm »
A bit off topic

German Surgery Equipment WWI
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2014, 09:59:41 pm »
A bit off topic

German Surgery Equipment WWI
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
It looks so shiny really cool stuff
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2014, 11:01:03 pm »
Yeah just make he Commonwealth faction with the Brit, Scot, Aussie, etc. And why not add Belgium and US inside the France faction. On the other hand why to speak about Japan which to play a role of the most minor in the war.

The Japanese were the force that pacified the Pacific Navies of the Germans and Austrians. Don't know if they had any part in land warfare.

Yes they had little land warfare.

Yeah just make he Commonwealth faction with the Brit, Scot, Aussie, etc. And why not add Belgium and US inside the France faction.

Uk is the next, i think they will include some commonwealth units like Canadians, Aussies...

Why not for USA, but as a volunteers brigade i think it's the best. But the most important things to add in French nation are Colonial troops first. They can grove up the number of units easily with that: Senegal footmen, Algerian/Tunisian footmen, Zouaves, Spahis for light units etc..
I think it will be like

Rifle Squad (Normal)
Rifle Squad (Scottish)
Rifle Squad (African/Indian)
Assault Squad (Australian)
Assault Squad (Canadian)

To be honest, it pissed me off something royal when I saw that there was only one kind of rifleman unit for France.

I try not to be over-nationalistic here, but World War I was a war where the Colonies gave a LOT of blood for their Empires! Where are the Tirailleurs? Where's the FFL? There were Tonkinese Riflemen on the Western front (The 6th Battalion if anyone's interested)! I understand that they wanted to try and make it seem like a singular front but it looks so... bland. A bit of Khaki in there wouldn't hurt anyone!

It just seems unfair. I get it that it's a mod and they don't have time to model and all that crap but... still.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2014, 02:04:20 am »
Yeah just make he Commonwealth faction with the Brit, Scot, Aussie, etc. And why not add Belgium and US inside the France faction. On the other hand why to speak about Japan which to play a role of the most minor in the war.

The Japanese were the force that pacified the Pacific Navies of the Germans and Austrians. Don't know if they had any part in land warfare.

Yeah just make he Commonwealth faction with the Brit, Scot, Aussie, etc. And why not add Belgium and US inside the France faction.

Uk is the next, i think they will include some commonwealth units like Canadians, Aussies...

Why not for USA, but as a volunteers brigade i think it's the best. But the most important things to add in French nation are Colonial troops first. They can grove up the number of units easily with that: Senegal footmen, Algerian/Tunisian footmen, Zouaves, Spahis for light units etc..
I think it will be like

Rifle Squad (Normal)
Rifle Squad (Scottish)
Assault Squad (Canadian)

To be honest, it pissed me off something royal when I saw that there was only one kind of rifleman unit for France.

I try not to be over-nationalistic here, but World War I was a war where the Colonies gave a LOT of blood for their Empires! Where are the Tirailleurs? Where's the FFL? There were Tonkinese Riflemen on the Western front (The 6th Battalion if anyone's interested)! I understand that they wanted to try and make it seem like a singular front but it looks so... bland. A bit of Khaki in there wouldn't hurt anyone!

It just seems unfair. I get it that it's a mod and they don't have time to model and all that crap but... still.
So stop being pissed.

It's definitely possible to add colonial units in the future but we have more important things to do at the moment.

Offline Captain_Ageati

• Corporal
  • Kosovo je Srbija!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ageati
« Reply #112 on: February 26, 2014, 05:28:38 pm »

I think it will be like

Rifle Squad (Normal)
Rifle Squad (Scottish)
Assault Squad (Canadian)

Alright sunshine. You're pissed? Do something about it. Make your own models, or your own mod. Can't model or do anything to help contribute to a FREE mod? Well keep your mouth shut and enjoy it. I'm a little upset they've said they won't add many minor but still very important countries (Serbia stronk!) But I'm not pissed at the devs for it. They've done a great job and I enjoy the mod and wish them best of luck with further developments.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2014, 11:15:59 pm »
"Pissed" wasn't the best word I could ahve used to describe. I love the mod, honestly I do. I'm just disappointed.

I'm not a raving maniac who's completely adverse to reason, I know the modders have more important things to do. I was just hopin' this would be there too.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2014, 08:12:29 am »
Ill be happy if one Romanian Unit makes it into the finally Production But i have there is some Mini-mods that focuses on a Campaign or a War during this era like the Serbian Campaign of WW1 or the Belgium Campaign or The Romanian Campaign or the Hungarian-Romanian War Etc
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2014, 10:32:46 am »
Ill be happy if one Romanian Unit makes it into the finally Production But i have there is some Mini-mods that focuses on a Campaign or a War during this era like the Serbian Campaign of WW1 or the Belgium Campaign or The Romanian Campaign or the Hungarian-Romanian War Etc
Well people are prob. gonne make like skins for all factions so you dont even need all of them really XD
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 09, 2014, 08:32:01 am »
Well people are prob. gonne make like skins for all factions so you dont even need all of them really XD
True
Vivé lé Roumanie

AeroNinja

« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2014, 06:50:39 pm »
Japan Pls :'( They were very active in WW1 :P