Author Topic: La Belle Alliance - A Waterloo Mod [Looking for Coder]  (Read 85716 times)

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: La Belle Alliance - A Waterloo Mod [Looking for Coder]
« Reply #615 on: June 16, 2013, 11:32:54 pm »
To be honest apart from the ammo train there is nothing else which would mandate any advanced coding which Duuring or someone else on the team couldn't learn.

All that really needs to be done is renaming a few factions, adding some units etc. The bulk of the stuff to be done is modelling and texturing etc. Unless I'm missing something which does need an advanced coder.

(Example: Willhelm of Blood & Iron hadn't coded in his life before he helped in Anglo-Zulu war but learnt massive amounts of it, now he's made possibly the most popular submod of NW.)

Offline Willhelm

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #616 on: June 16, 2013, 11:36:11 pm »
Yeah the majority of this mod wouldn't need use of the module system, you can change the uniforms with just openbrf, a simple model program and a simple texture program like GIMP. You can edit all the stats and names with the text files. The module system makes this way easier but it isn't needed. You can definitely get this mod done without a coder.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 11:38:02 pm by Willhelm »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #617 on: June 17, 2013, 12:20:00 am »
Frankly I have no idea if it's dead or not. I haven't spoken to Waffleborn in quite a while (even trough I tried to), nor has he posted anything on here.

My role in this thing was to do historical research, which I did, and then I got a little bit too involved with organizing, which I gave up after hearing nothing from Waffleborn. Personally, I'm far to busy with concern myself with anything but historical research, due to work, re-enactment, and most importantly, trying to pass the schoolyear...

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #618 on: June 18, 2013, 12:30:40 am »
My Napoleonic Wars doesn't work so there's really nothing I can do. I would really like to finish this mod however there is something that has bothered me since day one of this project and that is the fact that this wouldn't be much different from regular NW and there wouldn't be much to offer besides new uniforms and a few small changes. I feel like after a while people who just go back to NW or to other mods that are similar. It is because of this that I have decided that La Belle Alliance shall be a mod for Mount and Blade 2, with luck, it will be the first and best Napoleonic/Blackpowder Age mod for the game. I know that this will be a much more difficult undertaking seeing as I will have to make all of the models practically from scratch but that is no problem because MB2 won't be out for a while and... well... I've been keeping this a secret for a while but I've already started on some models :P

These are all WIPs so please be gentle :P
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Also, I intend to have a thread up on the Taleworlds forum sooner or later! A link will be posted when it is done.

Offline Docm30

• First Lieutenant
  • Retired.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 18, 2013, 12:37:32 am »
Doesn't it seem unwise to start working on a mod for a game about which you know nothing? we don't even know if it really exists, let alone whether or not it'll be moddable, and to what extent it'll be moddable and even if it'll be any good.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: June 18, 2013, 07:42:48 am »
Well for one, Taleworlds should have the sense to make MB2 moddable seeing as that is the only thing that has kept Warband alive for this long. The game wouldn't last half as long without mods and a blind man could see that. And as far as it being "good", it's likely that MB2 will have improvements over Warband, whether they are various slight ones or a few large ones. However, if MB2 does turn out bad somehow or Taleworlds makes the horrible mistake of limiting or restricting mods, I would gladly move this mod over to something more suitable. But that remains to be seen, for now it is better to be hopeful and optimistic than to dampen spirits and express doubts.

Offline Joseph Graham

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 18, 2013, 07:15:26 pm »
They better improve the map maker for MB2; it'd make map making for new mods far easier.

Apart from that, I wish you the best of luck with this.

Offline TORN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TORN
« Reply #622 on: June 18, 2013, 07:40:31 pm »
Well for one, Taleworlds should have the sense to make MB2 moddable seeing as that is the only thing that has kept Warband alive for this long. The game wouldn't last half as long without mods and a blind man could see that. And as far as it being "good", it's likely that MB2 will have improvements over Warband, whether they are various slight ones or a few large ones. However, if MB2 does turn out bad somehow or Taleworlds makes the horrible mistake of limiting or restricting mods, I would gladly move this mod over to something more suitable. But that remains to be seen, for now it is better to be hopeful and optimistic than to dampen spirits and express doubts.
That is close to not true at all. Have you even played Native lately? Still alot of people playing it.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 18, 2013, 08:36:21 pm »
They better improve the map maker for MB2; it'd make map making for new mods far easier.

I know how you feel lol, you know what would be awesome? If two people could work on a map at the same time.

I've played Native lately however have you noticed how populated the servers for some mods are?  And the number of servers that are consistently populated has dropped by a lot in the past few years.

Still, like I said, if MB2 doesn't turn out good, which I doubt because I have faith in Taleworlds to make us a good game, then we'll use something else.

Offline Wismar

• Donator
  • Med Gud o' Sveas allmoge för Konung och Fosterland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Radical
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #624 on: June 19, 2013, 03:05:45 am »

Indeed, the current one is rather unpleasant.
It doesn't even have an "undo" option!

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2013, 07:30:42 pm »
How's it going?

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Hawke

• Donator
  • Aquila non capit muscas.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hawke
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #626 on: September 15, 2013, 07:37:21 pm »
Nice necro.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #627 on: September 15, 2013, 07:42:44 pm »
Well, since this IS a mod thread, and the developers haven't posted in awhile, I think it's fair to post to see if any progress has been made, or if the development of the mod has ceased.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 15, 2013, 08:07:09 pm »
They decided to wait for Mount And Blade 2 and try modding this into that as I do recall.