16 (1.9%)
400 litres
48 (5.7%)
240.336.676,217765 litres
300 (35.5%)
10.180.000.000.000.000 litres
362 (42.8%)

Total Members Voted: 838

Author Topic: [NW][M]Iron Europe - WWI Mod (RELEASED) - Old Thread  (Read 980026 times)

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Iron Europe - WWI Mod
« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2012, 05:59:35 pm »
Posting to subscribe for updates ^^

Offline Sanada

• Private
  • The last samurai.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 28ste_Karelsruhe_Oberst_Erich
« Reply #211 on: November 16, 2012, 06:21:10 pm »
Spoiler

You are right men ran for there bloody lives But the ones that made it to the trench were the ones that take cover and stay low.The ones that ran head on got shot,blow up and trap in wire.So yes we could put a sprint in but is it that importent?Lets face it  VERY few men will live whhen charging and then have to face a fully maned regiment with two other guys.So i going with no sprint and man up.

EDIT:Use spoilers be for you get warned

Spoiler
Yes very few men will live when charging. Yes that is the 'historically accurate' way. But you haven't considered storm troopers, pioneers etc. Storm troopers did not jog or walk, they had bandoliers of grenades on their chest, if they walked a soldier would have to shoot the bag and he'd go kablooweh along with the rest of his men, that is why they ran. That is why sprinting is needed as an option for certain groups.

Your an infantryman in a NW regiment correct? You know the rules of 'No firing out of line' and 'no officer aiming' and light infantry and rifles can only skirmish correct? Some people may moan 'OMG THATS RUINING THE GAME, WAHHHH THEY KILLING ME.' The sprint option should only be designated to specific groups such as stormtroopers, pioneers because otherwise there would be no point in them being in the game which would in-turn cancel out a huge chunk of the German Army in WWI leaving nothing but one line walking up, getting shot, another line getting shot, then another. That was early war, later in the war leaders started to develop brains, something you seem to have yet too if you think sprinting isn't needed. No offense.
[close]

[close]

you are totally right i live in a fairy tale where infantry men are getting brutally murderd(Hey sounds like WW1 does it not?)
Once again you don't know the true purpose of a ww1 game it is not some kind of heroic the last samurai shit, look at All quiet on the western fronts that is pretty accurate(though not completely).

Men were getting killed before they reached the trenches, they fell back they did not fully run because before they charged they fixed their bayonets thus making their weapon very heavy.(you haev to consider that most men there late ww1 were many conscripted men they had not the full expierence of holding a rifle + bayonet.

Clearly you have not seen a ww1 battlefield because you never been there before so why are you judging on pictures?
The true WW1 battlefields had landscape like hell.

as I said before it is fine as it is, the maps are gonna be medium sized so everything is gonna be just fine.

Why I make the cod reference is the fact that if you include sprinting you will get run and gun movements like no tomorrow.
It will be more like you run as fast as you could go in the enemy trench in less than 20 seconds and shoot everyone, this is a long paced game not a short paced game if you want running go play cod.

Tell my why do you want the charge to take so short?
An infantry charge should take a considerable amount of time(Not long) but you also must think of that they dug the trenches and when they were 50 yards asside why would an Infantry man dig a trench if he could just shoot the enemy?

Edit I leave the discussion since it is pointless the devs will decide I am out of here.

Offline Xanderman

• Donator
  • Victory through incompetence. Old 7th guards rifle
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Alexander
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #212 on: November 16, 2012, 06:46:45 pm »
Googly i must promote you on your latest display of courage and ..ur..well.. common sense.
Bravo old chap! :D

Offline Pinkamena

• Second Lieutenant
  • En Svenske Tiger.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: NyJg_Ov_Rin_Tohsaka
  • Side: Union
« Reply #213 on: November 16, 2012, 10:21:33 pm »

The Ottomans demand running! For the sake of all!

Offline Murray

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Lt_Murray
« Reply #214 on: November 16, 2012, 10:41:20 pm »
Are you planning on writing up IE specific rules for the events Rigadoon? Just though there is a uniform list that can't be disputed until private servers set up their own tweaks

Signature Courtesy of Aumashy

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #215 on: November 16, 2012, 11:29:33 pm »
Are you planning on writing up IE specific rules for the events Rigadoon? Just though there is a uniform list that can't be disputed until private servers set up their own tweaks

It's up to event hosters what they want their own event to be like. I'm looking forward to a wide variety of events, each providing players a different gameplay experience.

Offline Davout

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 16, 2012, 11:32:18 pm »
We haven't had any news in ages!!!

Offline Murray

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Lt_Murray
« Reply #217 on: November 17, 2012, 12:05:16 am »
Fair enough (:  expect event hosters will decide between them on the basic rules and then go into their own detail, gonna be very exciting

Signature Courtesy of Aumashy

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #218 on: November 17, 2012, 12:32:45 am »

It's not easy making a mod. Mods are commonly made in modders' spare time, when they want to use their spare time to actually work on it. It will come when it is ready. ;)

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #219 on: November 17, 2012, 01:00:00 am »

It's not easy making a mod. Mods are commonly made in modders' spare time, when they want to use their spare time to actually work on it. It will come when it is ready. ;)

Aye, several team members are busy with important exams and another broke a finger, making it difficult for him to model. We're still working though and we'll try to get another update out as soon as possible.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #220 on: November 17, 2012, 01:01:34 am »
 Take your time, guys! We can/can't wait, but the mod should get as much work as it requires. :D

Offline Cyco_Tatertot

• First Lieutenant
  • "Give me liberty, or give me death!"
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com
  • Nick: Cyco_Tatertot / ILR_LtCol_Tatertot
« Reply #221 on: November 17, 2012, 04:19:35 am »
Don't feel rushed with the mod Rigadoon, we can wait as long as we need to :P
" title="

Offline Aumashy

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 17, 2012, 06:21:47 am »
communists
[close]
Russian Empire

Offline rocknok2

• Second Lieutenant
  • Hasan
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 17, 2012, 12:44:23 pm »
Reserving 1° Reggimento Bersaglieri
for the kingdom of Italy please!

Offline Desert Thunda

• Colonel
  • u wish u knew
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Commissar_DesertThunda
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #224 on: November 17, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »
Just wondering, will the French be wearing their red trousers? Because in 1 book it said that the French Army discarded it soon after the war broke out because it made them all too visible in the battlefield.