Author Topic: The Shot and Shell Series (Under Construction)  (Read 32576 times)

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King DaMonkey I
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: The Shot and Shell Series (Under Construction)
« Reply #180 on: September 18, 2014, 05:18:46 am »
Thanks for showing your renewed interests!

Got any Austrian units in the works, damonkey?

Yeah, I've got a selection of Austrian Uniforms already made for the previous Warband version which will be ported over; will try to get a screenshot of them for you.

Or Russian?

I've got placeholder Russian uniforms, but they aren't worth uploading screenshots for. As of now, Austria and Prussia are the nations that have revamped uniforms, so the initial port will focus mainly on them, with factions being added in.
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #181 on: September 18, 2014, 07:13:48 am »
Those uniforms look like every mod that used the assets from Age of False Innocence.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 18, 2014, 07:37:44 am »
Mhm

Massive Thanks To...
 Shredzorz released his AoFI materials as OSP a while back, and I am using them as placeholders and bases for retextures.

In short, up to about a year ago I used the models and textures as placeholders while I coded; at which point I used the models as a reference to make my own, shitty as they may be, and then make my own textures for them. Thus they do look 'like every other mod' that used its OSP, although I actually put my own work into it.

Got any Austrian units in the works, damonkey?

Revisiting. I took the liberty of taking a screencap of one of the uniforms in openBRF. I was hoping to have Austrian uniforms ported by today; however, I have had a somewhat-distant family member die today so between that, the visitation tomorrow, and the funeral Friday, I have not and won't have the time to do so.

The following image is the Fusilier uniform for the Nr48 'Luzzara' Regiment, which was an Italian-raised regiment in service in the Austrian Army. Please note that openBRF doesn't take into account the Specular Lighting models, so it does look better in-game; I will also be revisiting the model and texture of this and all Austrian uniforms once all other factions are successfully ported (White uniforms are surprisingly hard).

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 07:44:30 am by DaMonkey »
Did you know that if you use 100% of your brain, you get godlike powers? true story.
Did you know that if you use 10% of received donations, you can release BCoF by now. true story

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #183 on: September 18, 2014, 08:56:13 am »
Austrian uniforms of the time make my pepe happy. That green needs to be "dunkelgruen." Which is a more dark green color. I know you said OpenBRF bla bla bla, but if it's that bright in game, it's wrong.

I know this is later on, but the color is the same...
[close]

The green you have now looks more suitable for the Splenyi Hungarian regiment.

Offline Frederik

• Donator
  • Never forget 03.09.2015 #freeturin
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #184 on: September 18, 2014, 02:30:43 pm »
I started a ungarian infantry skinlong timeago:
Spoiler
[close]
Its very WIP, but i could finish it for you.
ich will dich für android
He's a well-known nationalist with no respect for actual history or historians.
For a second I thought you were talking about me. :3

Offline GhostDog

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2014, 12:39:15 pm »
Do this mod have Swedish faction when it's ready  :D and will this be nw mod  :o?

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2014, 07:30:38 pm »
Austrian uniforms of the time make my pepe happy. That green needs to be "dunkelgruen." Which is a more dark green color. I know you said OpenBRF bla bla bla, but if it's that bright in game, it's wrong.

I know this is later on, but the color is the same...
[close]

The green you have now looks more suitable for the Splenyi Hungarian regiment.

I use Kronoskaf for historical information on uniforms; and they describe the Luzzara uniform's lappels and cuffs as "Apple Green." Now as I said, the specular maps make everything darker in-game, so in the previous screenshot it's slightly bright because I have to compensate for the specular maps.

Spoiler
[close]

Its very WIP, but i could finish it for you.

I never refuse free stuff.  ;)

Do this mod have Swedish faction when it's ready  :D and will this be nw mod  :o?

The current plan is to have the five factions already in NW. That being said, both Sweden and Russia have a few unique attributes: they both had extremely standardized uniforms, so there was little to no uniform variation between regiments of the same type; also, the Swedish and Russian armies in the Seven Years War both fought together in East Prussia and Pomerania.

What we'll probably do is make the Russian 'faction' a two-in-one with both Swedish and Russian regiments.

The kinsfolk finally stopped visiting after the funeral stuff yesterday, so I hope to have screenshots of Austrian uniforms in-game tonight. After that there will be little to no updates tomorrow as I will be going to eat with the family for my birthday; there will be little if any updates Friday as I will be busy with cattle; and I will be hunting over this weekend, so expect updates to start up again Monday.

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2014, 09:11:08 pm »
Have a splendid week, my friend. And happy birthday!

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline GhostDog

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2014, 05:11:14 pm »
Any news?

Offline DaMonkey

• King of FSE
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2014, 09:07:54 pm »
Yes; I have completed the porting of the Austrian infantry uniforms in-game. I haven't been able to get screenshots yet, I've been having another busy week as for some reason Tornado season is in October this year.  ;)

Offline tico13

• Donator
  • NA Server Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 3rd_Col_Tico
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2014, 09:30:08 pm »
Good luck with the modding again, DaMonkey! Let me know when this is finished so I can try it out.

Offline GhostDog

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 11, 2014, 01:43:53 pm »
Yay :D

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
« Reply #192 on: October 24, 2014, 02:42:04 am »
I thought this was pretty cool way back when I playtested, I would still like to see more. Keep it up DaMonkey.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #193 on: October 26, 2014, 07:36:43 am »
Please, give us some Finnish units.
Btw, I like your activity on the forums.

Offline GhostDog

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 14, 2014, 10:54:52 am »
I really hope this isn't dead