Author Topic: United Kingdom  (Read 7487 times)

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: United Kingdom
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2015, 01:36:52 pm »
Isn't Drenthe the poorest province?

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2015, 01:38:00 pm »
Isn't Drenthe the poorest province?

They'd wish.

Spoiler
With Assen, Emmen and Hoogeveen, nope.
[close]
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2015, 01:40:40 pm »
Well, it's true that Groningen is the only province in which there are still active Communist parties with council seats. Probably due to that.

Maybe we should start a Netherlands thread, seeing how nation-threads are becoming fashionable lately?  ;D

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2015, 03:01:36 pm »
mfw when Dutch people invade the UK thread like it's 1688
<3

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2015, 07:58:37 pm »
mfw when Dutch people invade the UK thread like it's 1688

Sigged that. Best comment I've read in ages.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline ImperialG

• First Lieutenant
  • crispy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2015, 12:10:55 am »
Probably. General insults include sheep shagger and such.
That's only for Wales and Aberdeen.

Everything, depends on where you are in the UK as places can be very different, it also depends on your own expectations to be honest.

Tell that to the southern fairies that say it.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2015, 02:32:12 am »
southern fairies

scots wear shirts

whateva
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline BSM 'Shut up' Williams

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
  • Nick: Jean Grande
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2015, 03:32:50 am »
Having lived in the UK and seen all the detective shows, why does the UK look like a f**king horrible place to grow up in? Is there any hope? Do I just not know anything? I'm not hating on the UK, personally I enjoyed my time there, but it just felt horrible there. Any English people here to talk about it?

Here in the UK, it depends on where you are, really. In Biggin Hill, where I live, it's nice, calm on an average day, but in the town's valley it's really cold, like a river of wind passes through. The people are also nice, and again, depends where ya live.

About the detective things, my favourite detective shows are Poirot and Sherlock Holmes, the 1940s ones. Both of which are set in the 1930s and 1940s.

I'm enlisting in the British army soon so I'll continue my growing up there ;) and yes, as long as UKIP and Labour don't win the elections, there should be hope :)

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2015, 12:10:33 pm »
Having lived in the UK and seen all the detective shows, why does the UK look like a f**king horrible place to grow up in? Is there any hope? Do I just not know anything? I'm not hating on the UK, personally I enjoyed my time there, but it just felt horrible there. Any English people here to talk about it?

Here in the UK, it depends on where you are, really. In Biggin Hill, where I live, it's nice, calm on an average day, but in the town's valley it's really cold, like a river of wind passes through. The people are also nice, and again, depends where ya live.

About the detective things, my favourite detective shows are Poirot and Sherlock Holmes, the 1940s ones. Both of which are set in the 1930s and 1940s.

I'm enlisting in the British army soon so I'll continue my growing up there ;) and yes, as long as UKIP and Labour don't win the elections, there should be hope :)

If you think that the detective Midsomer Murders is representing England, you gotta be scared: in no time, there won't be anybody left.

Offline RedCloud

• Second Lieutenant
  • Time to break out the melee mittens.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2015, 12:18:57 pm »

LOL. You think there will be anything resembling the British army by the time you enlist? A pale imitation at best.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2015, 12:36:08 pm »
I think we can say they were a major player in NATO. Overtaken by the French.... Oh, joke's on you, UK.

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2015, 01:34:47 pm »
What's with all the hate?

Steam Profile Signature
[close]

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2015, 01:35:08 pm »

Lol, Cameron has cut the Defence budget to below 2% of GDP and is planning to reduce the size of the army to below 80,000. He's as weak on defence as Miliband.

Offline The Nutty Pig

• Donator
  • It wasn't easy being cheesy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2015, 01:37:15 pm »
UK is one of the greatest countries on the earth to live in, we have our own unique  brand of food that you won't find in many other countries. Sure we have fast food places, Chinese, Indians, etc. But we also have Sunday roasts, gammon steaks, steak and ale pies, bangers and mash, Shepard pies, fish and chips, and so on.

I'm also gonna link the General United Kingdom thread:
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=19110.0
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 01:44:21 pm by The Nutty Pig »

• First Lieutenant
  • Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna!
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2015, 09:00:46 pm »
Dyont forget spotted dick and black pudding! ;)

Steam Profile Signature
[close]