Author Topic: A historical night  (Read 8643 times)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: A historical night
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 12:37:30 am »
Your age?

I am 17 years old, my unit do not allow under 18 to camp.

Wut? On what grounds?

Probably dont want take responsibility anyone under 18. Its a minor age in US.
well  i have been camping with my unit sense  sixteen and they allow it?
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 12:44:57 am »
Not every unit is the same, they do allow under 18 to camp if a Guardian is present. My Dad is too old to reenact lol. But my unit pretty much gotten used to me, they dont mind if my dad just drop off and leave for the day (Really suppose to stay around the location).

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2013, 12:48:51 am »
It honestly makes no sense.

"He can I shoot?"
"Sure!"
"He can I stand in the middle of a battle with thousands of weapons, cannons, sharp things and horses?"
"Sure!"
"He, can I sleep in a tent?"
"NO NO NO NO NO, OUT OF THE QUESTION!"

No sense at all.  :P

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2013, 12:54:22 am »
It honestly makes no sense.

"He can I shoot?"
"Sure!"
"He can I stand in the middle of a battle with thousands of weapons, cannons, sharp things and horses?"
"Sure!"
"He, can I sleep in a tent?"
"NO NO NO NO NO, OUT OF THE QUESTION!"

No sense at all.  :P

/shrugs! A rule is a rule, I just follow it.   

Plus is not that big deal, I show up 9 am just when my Captain asked me to, and I leave when its dark outside, and then come back early morning. Im just missing out the sleep.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2013, 12:59:54 am »
You're missing out the reeeeeaal feeling man. You'll get that when you stayed for the night.

It will also be cold. And don't forget to take a leak before settling down. Nothing worse then being warm and cozy only to wake up around midnight because of nature's call.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2013, 01:03:27 am »
You're missing out the reeeeeaal feeling man. You'll get that when you stayed for the night.

It will also be cold. And don't forget to take a leak before settling down. Nothing worse then being warm and cozy only to wake up around midnight because of nature's call.

Lol yeah yeah, I gotta get a nightcap as well too. Its only a few month altough. After Gettysburg, my gum blanket is going to see some good wear. Thats for damn sure.

Offline Dordak_the_Lost

• Donator
  • Faugh a Ballagh!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2013, 01:09:12 am »

Lol yeah yeah, I gotta get a nightcap as well too. Its only a few month altough. After Gettysburg, my gum blanket is going to see some good wear. Thats for damn sure.

I seriously doubt you will be cold at gettysburg... lol probably at other events but not in july.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2013, 01:10:21 am »
at school so cant post much atm , but it really depends on the event,,i have a bell tent which i use for some bigger public events but for tactical i sometimes get a grey G /|\ R  rug i have sewed and fill it with straw etc

camping is a great experience at a reenactment,normally prefer the "night Life" to the day time reenactment   and on those weekends dont forget the Saturday is Drinking night 8)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 01:12:42 am by zac »

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2013, 01:12:16 am »

I seriously doubt you will be cold at gettysburg... lol probably at other events but not in july.

While I don't know the Gettysburg weather, we had quite a cold night during Waterloo 2011, in late june.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2013, 01:31:13 am »

While I don't know the Gettysburg weather, we had quite a cold night during Waterloo 2011, in late june.

its going to be 100 degrees in gettysbug
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2013, 01:33:16 am »
Right. What's that in celcius?

Because I don't presume you are going to re-enact in the temperature at which water boils.

Offline Dordak_the_Lost

• Donator
  • Faugh a Ballagh!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2013, 01:43:33 am »

Because I don't presume you are going to re-enact in the temperature at which water boils.

That would be 150th Manassas lol but luckily I was only a spectator for that one.

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 01:45:45 am »
around 37.78 C (yes we use Celsius) ,,not that warm.....but i guess im Australian.... ;)

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 01:50:26 am »

37 C
Spoiler
[close]

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 01:51:20 am »

That would be 150th Manassas lol but luckily I was only a spectator for that one.

same luckliy i was also   spectaor  for that
Spoiler
[close]