Author Topic: [NA] Gold 5v5 Groupfighting League [Season 2][Started]  (Read 66778 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: [NA] Gold 5v5 Groupfighting League [Season 2][Started]
« Reply #300 on: December 21, 2017, 12:14:32 am »
Spoiler
EU also has better players than NA but yea you're right, "only thing".
Impossible to prove that EU has better players, just MORE players therefore pick of the litter.

Unless you want to get an Iceland server and settle it.
Half the rounds in Greenland, other half in Iceland. That's the most fair it can be. It's possible to prove -> the example Ledger gave + you can analyse the playstyles and habits of individual NA top compared to EU. You'll see the difference in skill-level immediately.

And yes, he was above average.
Explains why I've seen him consistently ranked in the 90+ ranking range in every EU list I've seen... right. The example Ledger gave isn't really a good one as Jackie hadn't really grown into his fullest potential until the 12th. Players consistently get better the more they play so the Jackie one isn't a good example. But like I said, pick of the litter + game based in EU + game company in EU + more.
You kind of counter yourself if you say he got better in NA yet he somehow ranks in EU lists? Anyway yes those reasons you listed are possible explanations for why the EU community is better, or you can maybe also consider NA mentality.
[close]
How do I counter myself? He wasn't at his peak in EU and was still ranked as one of the best, and when he came to NA and got better, he was the best (imo)(for a time).

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #301 on: December 21, 2017, 12:17:54 am »
Spoiler
Impossible to prove that EU has better players, just MORE players therefore pick of the litter.

Half the rounds in Greenland, other half in Iceland. That's the most fair it can be. It's possible to prove -> the example Ledger gave + you can analyse the playstyles and habits of individual NA top compared to EU. You'll see the difference in skill-level immediately.

Explains why I've seen him consistently ranked in the 90+ ranking range in every EU list I've seen... right. The example Ledger gave isn't really a good one as Jackie hadn't really grown into his fullest potential until the 12th. Players consistently get better the more they play so the Jackie one isn't a good example. But like I said, pick of the litter + game based in EU + game company in EU + more.
You kind of counter yourself if you say he got better in NA yet he somehow ranks in EU lists? Anyway yes those reasons you listed are possible explanations for why the EU community is better, or you can maybe also consider NA mentality.
[close]
How do I counter myself? He wasn't at his peak in EU and was still ranked as one of the best, and when he came to NA and got better, he was the best (imo)(for a time).
It's hard to judge his peak since the tier of opponents he faced in EU was higher than in NA, maybe he is better now but it's harder to see. Anyways, it's not relevant to the point. He ranks 87 on the Community List, that seems quite above average to me. Still a rather competent player though. He must've had some quite magical late peak vs NA though if he is alright in EU and then suddenly becomes in your opinion the best NA (having played the game a lot already by that point in time).

Offline Ledger

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Self-proclaimed selfish super-spreader.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Lt_James_Munro
« Reply #302 on: December 21, 2017, 12:28:59 am »
NA players are not mechanically worse than EU players. It's a cultural difference along with their attitude towards competitive play and their reluctance to evolve. Long story short : You're inept.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #303 on: December 21, 2017, 12:29:28 am »
is there a way we can make it so the EU's get medium speed and we get fastest since that's what we play on kappa  ::)

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #304 on: December 21, 2017, 12:30:34 am »
Spoiler

[close]
It's hard to judge his peak since the tier of opponents he faced in EU was higher than in NA, maybe he is better now but it's harder to see. Anyways, it's not relevant to the point. He ranks 87 on the Community List, that seems quite above average to me. Still a rather competent player though. He must've had some quite magical late peak vs NA though if he is alright in EU and then suddenly becomes in your opinion the best NA (having played the game a lot already by that point in time).
Above average competitive wise is like 80, it's debatable/different for each person. And wow yeah 2012 is very late and magical.. this is purely anecdotal here but, the first year of playing the game I was AIGHT. It wasn't until the following years after that where I'd get much better at the game. It was like... magic almost..

NA players are not mechanically worse than EU players. It's a cultural difference along with their attitude towards competitive play and their reluctance to evolve. Long story short : You're inept.
Reluctance to evolve... nice meme lmao. Stop playing in molasses medium speed and get to our level.

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 21, 2017, 12:36:06 am »
Spoiler

[close]
Above average competitive wise is like 80, it's debatable/different for each person. And wow yeah 2012 is very late and magical.. this is purely anecdotal here but, the first year of playing the game I was AIGHT. It wasn't until the following years after that where I'd get much better at the game. It was like... magic almost..

Reluctance to evolve... nice meme lmao. Stop playing in molasses medium speed and get to our level.
Not a meme, it's the essence of the problem that plagues NA communities in virtually every competitive game ever, especially e-sports. Nobody is saying that NAs don't have the ability, or aren't as good skill-wise individually mostly. Do some reading about the differing mindsets.

Also how is melee speed relevant? If anything, it favours you not us since quick-blocking is easier on fastest speed than on medium.

Oatmeal

« Reply #306 on: December 21, 2017, 12:40:01 am »
how is blocking on medium speed easier

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 21, 2017, 12:42:20 am »
how is blocking on medium speed easier
it's not, read what I said

Oatmeal

« Reply #308 on: December 21, 2017, 12:44:13 am »
I meant to say faster speed, sry

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 21, 2017, 12:47:00 am »
Now I'm not well-versed in server mechanics but I have anecdotal examples from switching EU private servers to fastest speed and comparing quick-blocking with others. The people I was with had the same findings, but of course the sample size is very small and I have no idea behind the technicalities of this all.

Oatmeal

« Reply #310 on: December 21, 2017, 12:54:17 am »
Now I'm not well-versed in server mechanics but I have anecdotal examples from switching EU private servers to fastest speed and comparing quick-blocking with others. The people I was with had the same findings, but of course the sample size is very small and I have no idea behind the technicalities of this all.
>writes a novel on how medium quick-blocking is harder
>"I'm not well-versed but my EU friends agree with me"

Looks like a properly conducted experiment to me

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 21, 2017, 12:55:35 am »
>writes a novel on how medium quick-blocking is harder
>"I'm not well-versed but my EU friends agree with me"

Looks like a properly conducted experiment to me
I'm still allowed to make observations, all I'm saying is I can't explain why this is the case; I'm not a coder. Who else am I supposed to test with that would have low ping on EU servers?

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #312 on: December 21, 2017, 12:55:58 am »
Spoiler

[close]

Not a meme, it's the essence of the problem that plagues NA communities in virtually every competitive game ever, especially e-sports. Nobody is saying that NAs don't have the ability, or aren't as good skill-wise individually mostly. Do some reading about the differing mindsets.

Also how is melee speed relevant? If anything, it favours you not us since quick-blocking is easier on fastest speed than on medium.
Melee speed was about how much time EUs have to react to attacks and chambers

okay but you know EU is not flawless and better at every single game than NA which is how you're acting.

Lets take this analogy.

Its like a nicely washed car
Its like Japanese rice vs American rice. Japanese rice will always be held in high regard over American rice because rice originated in Asia. There's people in Asia. And also more people who eat, farm, and cook rice everyday. That doesn't mean Americans are incapable of making good rice, it may not be traditional or exactly Japanese produced, but that doesn't stop us.

Do some reading on contemporary philanthropy and server mechanics.

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 21, 2017, 01:08:15 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler

[close]

Melee speed was about how much time EUs have to react to attacks and chambers

okay but you know EU is not flawless and better at every single game than NA which is how you're acting.

Lets take this analogy.

Its like a nicely washed car
Its like Japanese rice vs American rice. Japanese rice will always be held in high regard over American rice because rice originated in Asia. There's people in Asia. And also more people who eat, farm, and cook rice everyday. That doesn't mean Americans are incapable of making good rice, it may not be traditional or exactly Japanese produced, but that doesn't stop us.

Do some reading on contemporary philanthropy and server mechanics.
[close]
Well since my example with melee speed was related to quick-blocking only: if you do a predictive change of block on fastest, you can do it much faster (reactively) and it seems more like an instinct. On medium you also get longer stuns and a more lengthy period to mess up your timing in blocking. What you state about reaction time is correct, but you also get more delayed stuns, feints and everything so it's not like timing is easier on the whole - it's just a different pattern.

I'm not stating EU is flawless, I'm saying look at the attitude of NA communities vs others in nearly every other game with a competitive scene. I'm also not saying this difference in EU's top players being better than NA is insurmountable, or in-fact anything larger than marginal. It might even be possible that the best single player is NA. Or AU. Or CN. But we're looking at the communities. You use the player counts for NA vs EU as an excuse, but I use it as evidence explaining the difference.

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #314 on: December 21, 2017, 01:12:10 am »
If there was money in this game we all know that the Koreans would dick all of us really really really hard
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.