The Lounge > Off Topic

Movie & TV Show Critic Thread

(1/117) > >>

Gluk the Walrus:
This is quite different from the normal threads I make but i felt that there should be a place to critique movies. I, myself am an avid movie watcher with very broad tastes. I've seen more movies than most people will ever see in their life time (not sure if that's a good thing).

Post here movies that you've seen, movies you've enjoyed or hated, or just general critiques of movies.

Side Note: This really shouldn't be a thread filled with salt. It's just a movie thread, so keep it about movies please. You can introduce SOME politics and religion as long as it related to a MOVIE and your critique of it.

An example of a fair critique: I think Micheal Moore's Bowling for Columbine had some fair points to be made about guns in the united states but it was mostly biased, liberal bullshit used to push a very specific agenda. The movie had very little focus as it was a movie about guns, yet it contradicts itself by saying that the film is not about getting rid of guns. Beyond this he make no real point as to what the solution should be. He points to how the media is the problem for constantly showing violence on television, he also makes the implication that video games are also part of the problem (despite overwhelming evidence against it), this is clear case of 'Correlation not equaling Causation.' More violence on TV does not mean that TV causes more violence.

Poll 1 Results:
How would you rate Star Wars Episode VII out of 5
1      0 (0%)
2      3 (25%)
3      2 (16.7%)
3.5   2 (16.7%)
4      3 (25%)
4.5   2 (16.7%)
5      0 (0%)

Poll 2 Results:
Did George Lucas do a good job with the star wars prequels?
Yes                                                         4 (21.1%)
No                                                          4 (21.1%)
UNLIMITED POWER!!! (counts as yes)  3 (15.8%)
JarJar Binks (counts as no)                    8 (42.1%)

12 Voted NO
7 Voted YES

Poll 3 Results:
Have you seen Boardwalk Empire? If so, did you think it was good?
I have not seen Boardwalk Empire                             16 (66.7%)
I have seen Boardwalk Empire, it was great!             4 (16.7%)
I have seen Boardwalk Empire, it was okay.                0 (0%)
I have seen Boardwalk Empire, it wasn't very good.   4 (16.7%)

BabyJesus:
o i watched that movie. One of my liberal high school teachers that wanted a complete gun ban made us watch that. This was like my freshman year when i was still developing my opinion on gun control.

has anyone seen his Trump one?

StevenChilton:
I'm looking forward to seeing Nocturnal Animals, and also Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them which is also coming out soon. The only film I'm genuinely excited about though is Dunkirk which doesn't come out until 2017-looks quite good and I really like Christopher Nolan films (in my opinion he's the best director in the industry).

Don't really have a personal 'best film of all time', though my favourite movies are The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Inception, Shawshank Redemption, Star Wars originals, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Alien, plus some others.

In terms of a film I disliked, probably the new Star Wars. I mean it was okay, but it wasn't anything special, and I don't understand why J J Abrams is getting so much praise for it.

Thunderstormer:
I enjoyed the last star wars movie.  I don't consider it an all time best movie but it was good imo.  i think a lot of people liked it due to them not liking how episodes 1-3 were.(many did not like them.  i personally enjoyed them but didn't care for the love focused story)  many consider it an improvement, maybe even a revival of the franchise.   I doubt i will see another movie until Rouge one comes out. 

Gluk the Walrus:
Personally phantom menace was a disgrace to the series and is my least favorite star wars movie. In my opinion

I < III < II < VI <VII < IV < V

Its hard to really say though what should go in the middle but im pretty certain that 1 is my least favorite and 5 is my favorite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version