Author Topic: Waterloo 2015 - Well well well...  (Read 32620 times)

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Waterloo 2015 - Well well well...
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2014, 12:03:29 pm »
Anyone up for a meetup in france, then invade Belgium? Duuring you can lead the troops from the North in the Netherlands?

Anyway, its odd, because D Division (1st International, Aussie Allied etc) just got themselves registered today,70 people from Downunder all up lol :'( (not including 42nd etc as their in the Highland Brigade)

BIB it's not just highlanders in C Brigade (it's gone correct now, D Div should henceforth be known as D Brigade (brigade smaller than Division after all)). C Brigade also has a fair number of other units that aren't highlanders (although they do make up a large number of the Brigade) Not sure who'll be leading C Bde next year :( General Her Royal Highness Queen Michael Haynes (In joke there) is now in charge of all British Forces at Waterloo so we're currently without commander :( Bring it on though!

I dont get the battle at 8pm thing.
That sounds horrible. Who would ever do that?
The Belgians obviously! More specifically the Politicians who want it tucked out of the way at night so that they and all the VIPs can have their champagne dinner beforehand
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »
The Honourable Mr Michael Haynes should be addressed as His Royal highness in the future ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:14:57 pm by zac »

Offline Vorposten

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Youtube-channel
  • Side: Union
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 12:13:14 pm »
(brigade smaller than Division after all)
Luckily we prussians only had Brigades (1 Brigade planned for Waterloo 2015)
All in all we try to form a brigade :D
Gezeichnet,
69thNY_CSgt_Outpost | [DL]III_KBR_Sap_Vorposten | 3tesWaldeck_Fhr_Vorposten

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2014, 12:15:55 pm »
Michael Haynes should be addressed as His Royal highness in the future ;)

Noo it's Her Royal Highness! For he is a Queen on many levels :P At hoogstraten I went to get him onto the field during brigade drill. The rifles formed up on either side of the road, with Major of Brigade in the centre of the road ready to salute. As he approached we got the command "Rifles Shoulder arms" and then as he got level "QUEENSGUARD PRESEEEEEEEEEEEEENT ARMS!" the look we got was hilarious. Think Captain Mainwaring's stupid boy look. We can get away with it with Haynesy though seeing as he is our CO
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2014, 12:18:42 pm »
The problem is that they can do anything, and people will still come. Because it's bloody fekking Waterloo, who doesn't want to miss Waterloo 1815-2015? Hell, even if we have to sleep in the dirt and eat grass for dinner we would still come, because it's Waterloo.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2014, 12:22:11 pm »
(brigade smaller than Division after all)
Luckily we prussians only had Brigades (1 Brigade planned for Waterloo 2015)
All in all we try to form a brigade :D
I think there's currently going to be 4/5 "British" Brigades (Yeah yeah I know it's not just british but my brain isn't fully awake yet) The 3 usual suspects, A,B and C, then as Zac said there's D, and I'm sure I heard somewhere that some of the reeeeeeeeeeally anal british units are forming their own brigade as well
What I'm worried about is the event might just turn into a big queue with each unit waiting it's turn to fire a volley and then going to the back. I'm hoping it'll flow a bit more than that, would be lovely to see the lights go forward as one and form a skirmish screen that stretches from the Lion Mound right across to the Wood by Hougoumont! That was my other slight gripe with Hoogstraten tbh, the battlefield was bloody tiny

Offline Vorposten

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Youtube-channel
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2014, 12:51:25 pm »
would be lovely to see the lights go forward as one and form a skirmish screen that stretches from the Lion Mound right across to the Wood by Hougoumont!
You mean like this: ?
big picture of the light in line
[close]

What I'm worried about is the event might just turn into a big queue with each unit waiting it's turn to fire a volley and then going to the back.

I don't know how big a british brigade actually is, but refering to Leizpig, the fight above the bridge was very hard, because 3 brigades were there on a small part of the field, and the frenchies doesn't retreat...
To my mind, the fight on waterloo will be more static.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 12:55:12 pm by Vorposten »
Gezeichnet,

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2014, 12:59:08 pm »
The problem is that they can do anything, and people will still come. Because it's bloody fekking Waterloo, who doesn't want to miss Waterloo 1815-2015? Hell, even if we have to sleep in the dirt and eat grass for dinner we would still come, because it's Waterloo.
Veeeeeery true!

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2014, 01:19:23 pm »
and the frenchies doesn't retreat...

Oi! We were told our brigade was supposed to stay on your side of the river to be cut off when the bridge blew! Your Austrian buddies refused to let us back over to fulfill our part of the script  >:(

Offline Vorposten

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Youtube-channel
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2014, 01:29:31 pm »
Oi! We were told our brigade was supposed to stay on your side of the river to be cut off when the bridge blew! Your Austrian buddies refused to let us back over to fulfill our part of the script  >:(

It seems the coordination between french and Allied doesn't be that good over the events...
But that are plans: They are correct until the first shoot.  ;D

Hopefully, Waterloo will be better...
Gezeichnet,

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2014, 01:35:22 pm »
would be lovely to see the lights go forward as one and form a skirmish screen that stretches from the Lion Mound right across to the Wood by Hougoumont!
You mean like this: ?
big picture of the light in line
[close]

What I'm worried about is the event might just turn into a big queue with each unit waiting it's turn to fire a volley and then going to the back.

I don't know how big a british brigade actually is, but refering to Leizpig, the fight above the bridge was very hard, because 3 brigades were there on a small part of the field, and the frenchies doesn't retreat...
To my mind, the fight on waterloo will be more static.
Exactly like that! unfortunately the some of the rifle regiments in the UK don't want to work together for political reasons..sigh.. so it'll never really happen :(

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2014, 01:36:38 pm »
Zac, if you have been told that your entire brigade has been registered as a group, well, I'm afraid you've been lied too. It's been made very clear to us that that's impossible, and that individual registration is the only way.

The site is also still off, so I don't really understand how you guys could have possible signed up today.

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2014, 01:40:48 pm »
I think our unit is doing a unit sign up, our QM department will be getting all the details off all of us to make sure none of us miss out. It'll help that I believe the British Camp is being run by our QM department!

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2014, 01:42:56 pm »
You can't do a unit sign up. Well, you could, but that would mean one guy would fill in all the individual registration forms which seems like an unnecessary amount of work.

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2014, 01:44:29 pm »
You can't do a unit sign up. Well, you could, but that would mean one guy would fill in all the individual registration forms which seems like an unnecessary amount of work.
If the QM department are willing to do that, I'm not complaining! lol