Author Topic: In Development - B&I 3.0 - old thread  (Read 197914 times)

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: In Development
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2014, 01:52:15 am »
but nonetheless I'll revamp the current Austrian unit.
That's a good idea, though. :)
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du

Offline Eatjello

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2014, 07:25:10 am »
Here's a little something I made to accompany our beloved Battlefield Father

And a new weapon for the new unit goes without saying

[close]

Dare I say the most deadliest?!?!

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 01:13:45 pm »
Help the development process!

Don't forget to let us know what features you would like to see in the next update. We are mainly looking for what you would like to see improved over the previous version of B&I; what do you want added to your experience? What don't you want us to add? Both views are important and will help us create something you want to play and continue playing.

Some ideas to get your brain ticking:
- Reload speed
- Weapon accuracy
- Movement speed
- More class variation  (such as speed variations between light infantry and regular infantry)
- etc, etc, etc

Please note!
There's no guarantee that we will add all of the ideas, but it is important for the development process, so please don't spam your idea or opinions or get into massive fights over who's idea the devs should implement. Please be aware that the new factions are already set and are not going to change, so any "I want this faction added" is pretty much pointless ;)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:16:14 pm by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 02:09:28 pm »
As long as the Austrians are done their correct justice in the mod, I'm fine.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2014, 02:11:18 pm »
Would like to see a gatling gun if that's possible. Would also like to see the Americans expanded on, perhaps some Spanish units, and Russian troops. Oh yeah, and more highlanders, can not forget bydand land.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2014, 02:11:52 pm »
I'm just very curious what these other factions are...

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2014, 04:09:39 pm »
I'd like dragoons to be given light infantry speed on foot with better shooting stats, so people will use them again really.

Also, The Elite heavy style infantry really should just be +1 above the average line as they are well sort of elite. Sharp shooter types and light infantry should still traditionally be the fastest on foot too.

Some line battle maps both plain and themed would be pretty nice.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2014, 04:37:07 pm »
Would like to see a gatling gun if that's possible. Would also like to see the Americans expanded on, perhaps some Spanish units, and Russian troops. Oh yeah, and more highlanders, can not forget bydand land.

Also, The Elite heavy style infantry really should just be +1 above the average line as they are well sort of elite. Sharp shooter types and light infantry should still traditionally be the fastest on foot too.
Some line battle maps both plain and themed would be pretty nice.

That's a nice piece of feedback right there!

I forgot to mention maps; the plan is to create a whole bunch of new maps,  a high number will be event centred, and we will try our best to balance them as much as possible without sacrificing the quality of the map. So if anyone else has any feedback on what types of maps they want to see, that would be great (I'm taking basic feedback here, I don't need pages of detailed descriptions. Furthermore, real-life battle fields aren't particularly helpful here as they're not only boring to create, but also boring to play)

Example feedback for maps:
"I want to see flatter maps, perhaps with one or two landmarks such as a lake and river, or an outpost on a small hill in the centre. Try not to use too many farm walls as it encourages camping"
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:45:34 pm by Parrot »
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline Feldmarschall_Ben

• First Lieutenant
  • Feldmarschall des Kaiserlichen Heeres
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FeldMrshl_Ben
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2014, 09:50:03 pm »
You had this one map with the little town and the little river and the stone formation and the churches on the stairs in your first Blood and Iron Version.
Also I miss some old maps which were just awesome with much stuff lying around which makes it most diverse and very cool. I cant remember a name but I think it was there.

Also: Justice for Austria (please :D)
(You should rethink the position on austria since it was not just german austria but austrian-hungary with more than 16 ethnic groups, colorful uniforms and so many special things only found there like the hungarian trousers and very beautiful dark blue uniforms with colourful facings on the colour and so on. Bosnian Units Bosniak were the elite and just look at the dragoons or hussars which very quite fancy in battle and parade)

Further, I think it would be a great addition to create more maps in the way I have mentioned above.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2014, 10:48:47 pm »
It is worth revisting some of the already established and made maps and either tweaking and balancing them or just making line battle versions with more ground to fight over I may add.

Offline Feldmarschall_Ben

• First Lieutenant
  • Feldmarschall des Kaiserlichen Heeres
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FeldMrshl_Ben
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2014, 09:09:08 pm »
I have another idea! Parrots Enhancement Mod brought us new and great music pieces. You should expand the variety of the sound collection for more diverse gameplay!

The right royal and imperial music  (ofc also republican if you add units from such countries) would "crown" this great mod. Usage of good music is key (it made mount & musket amazing imo)

I will send a few music pieces which, I think, will underline certain scenarios in battle greatly.
Spoiler
Königgrätzer Marsch

Schönfeld Marsch

Hoch und Deutschmeister Marsch

Jarabachek

Rule Britannia

Offenbach (Imagine a duel with this classy music o.O, so fast, such wow, amazing, these swords, the hats, oh uniforms, etc :D)

106er Regimentsmarsch

Viribus Unitis

But there are so many music pieces... well but that´s important :D
[close]

Also, the music piece from the enhancement mod called "Friedericus Rex" not the "Fridericus Rex" and "Royal Blue" I mean the ones which contain... Jazz? Its a mix of all kinds of music and I think it is abolutely perfect for the mod! It is fast, it is diverse, it is european and well, when I lead a LB with that music it just feels amazing and dramatic (:
"Royal Blue" is the best music piece I have heard in a M&B Mod, perfect choice.

Offline Willhelm

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Blood&Iron
  • Nick: 32nd_Gdm_William
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2014, 09:16:26 pm »
Well i was always short on the music to keep the download size of the mod low, but this new update will be putting it up anyway so we might as well add new music yeah.

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2014, 09:54:18 pm »
For line battle maps, I'd try your best and just copy some of the NTW field maps.

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2014, 04:32:16 pm »
Great to see that this mod will get even better, those screenshots look amazing.

Offline Parrot

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 09:16:46 pm »
So we've been pretty quiet since we announced that there's a new update in the making. How about some actual news?

Developer Update:

The two new factions are coming along nicely, one of them is definitely closer to completion than the other, and they definitely add a brand new aspect to the mod.

Over the weekend I've spent a fair amount of time organising the brf files (which were not the easiest to navigate). When I've finished they will be much easier for modders to use to add individual uniforms etc to classes. I don't plan to stop at organising the uniforms, I plan to go through everything in the mod, tidy it all up, and remove a lot of the useless stuff that's just sitting there.

Now, onto something a little more interesting for non-modders ;)

We are going to redesign all the unit stats from scratch; this means a better balance, clearer distinction between classes, and a system that makes sense to everyone. In addition to this, we will be adding "faction specific bonuses" which will make for a more tactical, dynamic, and overly interesting experience for the general player and event goers.

On Will's side, he has been working hard on one of the new factions, and I can tell you that what's he's done so far is fantastic, and we are both looking forward to unveiling the new factions when they are ready!

Bullet trails - so that you can see how close to death you are
[close]

New unit descriptions help you understand unit stats quickly
[close]