Author Topic: Cuirassiers  (Read 8585 times)

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Cuirassiers
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2014, 10:27:27 pm »
Yes but we talk about how hussar can kill cuirassier with 1 hit. Its strange.
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2014, 01:13:32 am »
Eh any Cav can kill anyone with 1 hit if it's going fast enough..

Are you saying that Armored Cav should have more hitpoints? On the ground it usually take me 3 hits to kill them..

Offline BigRedOne

• First Lieutenant
  • A Clew has no weaknesses, but two strong fists.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2014, 03:19:07 am »
Good idea  ;)
Tavington:"Another GroupFighting server blablabla ClewFighting fcking frogs."
Contacts

My TeamSpeak: 91.121.26.112
[close]

Offline Mr_hankie_elite

• Sergeant
  • People say I am a obnoxious troll... I agree!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mr_hankie_elite
  • Side: Union
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 03:29:07 am »
wait what about when a cuirrasaier on the ground. One thing no one has talked about is what happens once there horse is down. I know from a fact if you Kill a cavs horse with a byonet since the cav is so vulnerable on the ground you will be able to kill him with one quick spin. But if for some reason he does not die or he blocks your swing, or maybe his horse fell down to far from were you were standing and he already recovered. So my question is, what is better a heavy saber or a light saber. Gotta say had experience with both and both have different pros and cons

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 03:48:18 am »
Heavy has more reach and damage and light is faster.

Offline Mr_hankie_elite

• Sergeant
  • People say I am a obnoxious troll... I agree!!!!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mr_hankie_elite
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 03:54:33 am »
yeah I know both of those factors. Both are imnportant in different scenarios.

Offline Zahari

• Major
  • Man with 0 ping Also known as Vicky ^^
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA N°8
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 04:43:45 pm »
U cant destroy cuirassier armor with 1 hit so why it is possible in this game.Magic hussar sabre is shit. I mean cuirassiers have armor to dont die by 1 hit. Even if u are very fast u cant destroy cuirassier armor. So pls nerf hussar sabre .
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 04:48:34 pm by Zahari »
"Russia and Prussia, especially, tried to suppress both Polish culture and language and the Catholic faith. In response, the Poles developed one of the most intense and self-sacrificing versions of Romantic nationalism ever seen in Europe. "- Neal Ascherson

Offline Cooper

• Donator
  • Panzer on a horse.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cooper/Cuprum
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2014, 02:23:19 pm »
In my opinion (and I'm a hussar myself) the cuirrasier is to underpowerd since the patch but not only because of the patch. that's because it was useful to cut the ghostrange and stop the invinsible armour of the horse from changing hits into softspots.
So, in my opinion the patch was good.
The reason why currassiers currently can't catch up with hussars lies also not within the hussar. The hussar is well balanced as it is now.

My suggestion is, in conclusion of my former statement, that we first need to give the cuirassier a armour. Not that silver shining cloth thing, but a real armour. That means, the cuirassier need a cuirass which actually boost his armor stats.
Of course that means also that all cuirassier classes should have a cuirass, in order to keep the nations balanced.

Maybe, to keep that balanced, you should also make the movement speed on ground a bit slower for the cuirassiers because they wear a heavy piece of armour, or just make the rest cav on ground a bit faster... it's a fact that all of them are pretty slow compare to the normal inf.

So, let's come to the second point. The cuirassiers are designed for crushing inf, but I heard that it is nearly impossible since the patch. Because of this I suggest that they should also get a greater sword. Not that ghostranged thing from before, but a slightly bigger modell and and hitbox would be fine from my point of view.
Now some people might think that they have longer swords than the hussars and hussar regiments have no problem in crushing inf... But it really doesn't matter: Hussars are way more agile than cuirassiers and don't need long swords.

Thank you for hearing me out!
Greeting,
Cooper
Retired Clanleader, Cavalry, Student

AeroNinja

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2014, 07:16:10 pm »
Yep, Nice idea Zahari :D

Offline Pilophas

• Donator
  • Admin of Cavalry Groupfighting
    • View Profile
    • YouTube-Channel
  • Nick: 2Lhr_Major_Pilophas
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 02:34:58 pm »
I agree that Cuirassiers do have weak armor at the moment and that it is really no problem anymore for a hussar to kill him with one hit.
For that reason I agree to improve their armor,
but I disagree to improve their speed, because that would cause the effect that Cuirassiers would get overpowered also against infantry lines because agility is the number one criteria which is deciding about dying a fast death or killing the enemy when you are charging infantry lines.
Also I think it's not correct to argue about balance by taking historical facts as a reason to change it. We want to play competitive, in a historical context. That means that every unit should be able to kill the other one, but only by having much experience and skill and by knowing about their advantages and weaknesses which are a result of historical accuracy implemented in the game.

That means that it is essential to balance for example the cuirassier class by improving their advantages and by increasing their weaknesses in the same way or the other way round.

What the last patch was doing, besides the removing of the ghost-range and other technical changes, was weakening the power of the cuirassier-class by weakening their advantages and by increasing their weaknesses in the same time. That was a result of the removing of the ghost-range and not the original intention.

So it's absolutely right to cry for more armor, (even if i myself as a hussar am sharing the opinion that it should be still possible to one-hit a cuirassier by charging with maximum speed and by hitting his head) but by giving the cuirassier class more speed we would make the same misstake again.

I hope it was possible to clarify my point of view,
Kind Regards,
2Lhr_Major_Pilophas

« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:53:29 pm by Pilophas »

Offline TheHunted0

• First Lieutenant
  • 15thYR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: TheHunted
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 05:03:18 pm »
1 can not simply "nerf" the hussars each class has an advantage and disadvantage. But yeah I agree about every thing else