Author Topic: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread  (Read 63657 times)

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
  • Side: Union
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
Re: Movie & TV Show Critic Thread
« Reply #196 on: February 08, 2017, 12:16:11 am »
yo split was pretty good for an m night shamalyan movie

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2017, 05:00:38 am »
Well, John Wick chapter 2 was good.  Was exactly what i expected in terms of a john wick movie, and i enjoyed every moment of it.  It felt like non stop action from beginning to end. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #198 on: February 14, 2017, 05:11:17 am »
very good fighting scenes in john wick 2, was an improvement on the first movie.

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 14, 2017, 10:06:32 pm »
very good fighting scenes in john wick 2, was an improvement on the first movie.
agreed, and i thought the ones in the first movie were good. The one in the subway, by the desk was great/comical.  i wont spoil it.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2017, 01:43:00 pm »
Anyone wathcing 'Frontier"? I am in the 4th episode now, seems interesting.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2017, 04:29:25 pm »
Anyone wathcing 'Frontier"? I am in the 4th episode now, seems interesting.
its too short(6 episodes) and has like no character development. Also the story is left incomplete. It was honestly a waste of time
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Gurkha

• Lieutenant General
  • Former 33rd LtCol
    • View Profile
    • Official 33rd Regiment of Foot Website
  • Nick: Gurkha
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2017, 07:19:58 pm »
If you like John Wick then you should really watch the Korean film 'Man from Nowhere'

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #203 on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:57 pm »
we dem Riverdale boiz

Offline Commander Bondage

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Don Bonleone
« Reply #204 on: March 04, 2017, 04:18:36 pm »
Watched John Wick 2. Loved it, I haven't seen the first one but the action and the sound effects were amazing. I don't know if it's because I hadn't actually sat down and watched a movie in the theatres in awhile or what.

Moonlight. Has anyone else here seen it? I was invited to watch it with family at home without any context. Very awkward.
I think the movie started off good, midway was ALRIGHT up until...*ahem* *grunt noises* but then it just fell off hard, I really hated how it ended. It was only until after I finished watching it that I was told it won best picture.
Tears and screams of pain and pleasure our gifts we will share forever
*President of the Heartkeeper's club*Chairman of the Good Boys board*

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #205 on: March 04, 2017, 04:56:55 pm »
John Wick 2 7/10 - Good plain ol' action movie.
Moonlight 7/10 - alright
-
and I just watched Manchester by the Sea last night, it was pretty good. Casey Affleck's performance was imo the best out of all the other Oscar nominations. It was a slow movie but had some heavy scenes in it.

8.5/10

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 07, 2017, 09:08:22 pm »
Watched logan, it was good.  I wouldn't say it was great, but good.   

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2017, 12:56:58 am »
I can watch Logan and enjoy it at as more of a drama as opposed to the generic super hero movie of "let's fight mindless bad guys and no one dies, yeahhhh"

There was some element of family and character that most superhero movies never really look at. It's not Citizen Kane but hopefully we'll start to see more superhero movies focus on character development and less on action. It's definitely sad to see Hugh Jackman step down from the role, I grew up watching him :(
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2017, 11:14:54 am »
Watched Split. Liked it very much... until the last bit.

Spoiler
I mean, the supernatural bit is just overdone. Surely the concept of 'mind-over-matter' is appealing, but I think it was very poorly executed. I mean... two point blank shotgun shots to the face? All I could tihnk of was "I wonder how this dude faces off against a tank." It was really, really not good.

That, and I was waiting for some sort of happily ever after, which didn't happen. THat really satisfied me.
[close]
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2017, 12:00:00 pm »
I can watch Logan and enjoy it at as more of a drama as opposed to the generic super hero movie of "let's fight mindless bad guys and no one dies, yeahhhh"

There was some element of family and character that most superhero movies never really look at. It's not Citizen Kane but hopefully we'll start to see more superhero movies focus on character development and less on action. It's definitely sad to see Hugh Jackman step down from the role, I grew up watching him :(
yea, I can see this being more of a drama movie than action.  I enjoyed the movie.  I guess the biggest negative for me was I pretty much knew what would happen.  It was fairly predictable.  Unlike John wick, where it was one turn after another not knowing what would happen next.  Yea, it was a non stop action  movie, so you could guess what would in that respect, but how it played out.  Same for the ending.  Which is why I would say wick is better.

There were a few other things that I wish were done better in logan.

And yea, ill miss  him as well.  He played his role well in every wolverine  movie.  They will have a hard time replacing him.  I guess him leaving made the ending easier to guess, than if he was to till after this movie to announce it.

I haven't watched split.  Just didn't seem like something I would like.