Author Topic: Your dream impression  (Read 17494 times)

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Your dream impression
« on: September 14, 2014, 05:57:01 am »
We all have the impressions/eras that we would love to do but cant due to lack of funds, scenes etc. What are the ones you would love to do and why?
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Your dream impression
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 06:02:53 am »
No such a thing called dream impression. Get a job and it'll happen.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 06:03:26 am »
I would love love love to do Napoleonic impression. The only real reason I settled for WWII German is because the Napoleonic community in North America is extremely small. The biggest events have 50 or so guys, half of what regular WWII private/tactical battles get. In regards to what Napoleonic soldier I want to be, that's entirely on the table. I would love to be a grenadier or a lineman. As for what nation, that depends on where I am. I want to be in a unit that brings lots of guys and has at least platoon sized lines with guys in the same uniform, not a line full of random companies and the size of it is only 8 guys including officers.

There are so many options for Napoleonic, it's overwhelming in a way for me. I would get lost in that sort of impression.

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 06:05:59 am »
An impression of Robert the Bruce. Why? Because he was an ancestor of mine, is the big one, and im so proud that he is an ancestor of mine.

Offline EdwardC

• Donator
  • Cyberbullying + Memes = FSE Forums
    • View Profile
    • 9th East Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 06:17:35 am »

In order for you to get a job, you must dream of how things will play out with that job. Can't just jump right into something like a job because it's not going to work out well.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 09:38:12 am »
French Cuirassier, cos FWOOOOOOOR

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 12:25:57 pm »
Well I'd like an actual ship to make my Dutch marines impression complete.

Even something like a war sloop or brig would do the trick. Right now the only thing we have is a jolly boat and a Captain's Gig.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 12:29:19 pm by joer5835 »
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 01:37:54 pm »
French Cuirassier, cos FWOOOOOOOR
Oooh purdy!
I'd probably have to go with Empress Dragoons for Napoleonic. other periods, I'd love to be a roman legionary in some form or another, Centurion looks sweet, but then so does Signifer with the animal pelt!
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 04:54:29 pm »

In order for you to get a job, you must dream of how things will play out with that job. Can't just jump right into something like a job because it's not going to work out well.

Actually its quite simple, you go to the job ads, read it. Find the one that suits your timing and money need. Call and dazzle their socks off. 
Or start volunteering, i did a lot of volunteering during High School and i ended up being hired after graduation. 
Dream job would be CEO of McDonald, which you are correct, work your ass off to get there. But it's very easy to get a low level job and the money is good enough. Unless you are married with 4 kids. 

Anyway, now I see Kpet post about reenacting napoleonic but can't be done because it blows big time in America. I'm going to do something like that.

Franco Prussian war. I'd love to do Prussians but the only unit I know is in michigan and they're farby as fuck. Fuck that shit.

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 06:03:48 pm »
After drunken brainstorming with another member of my group we decided we should start a reenactment group which proper represents the upper class during regency England.

We'd get completely drunk on port and stagger around multigroup events being rowdy before attempting to duel one another.
Seemed like a brilliant idea at the time, so clearly I would be a hussar officer on half-pay.
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Barnesy

• Donator
  • Heres to the bloody fighting 95th
    • View Profile
  • Nick: its_barnesy_bitches
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 11:03:07 pm »
After drunken brainstorming with another member of my group we decided we should start a reenactment group which proper represents the upper class during regency England.

We'd get completely drunk on port and stagger around multigroup events being rowdy before attempting to duel one another.
Seemed like a brilliant idea at the time, so clearly I would be a hussar officer on half-pay.
There is one just been set up I believe.
"[15th] Colonel Cenkris: A lazy officer who didn`t contribute anything to the success of his detatchment or the regiment disposed of after displaying incredible disloyalty and attitute problems towards fellow officers"
Aww thanks Cenkris for those kind words
Ex Leader of the 15th Rifle Detachment

Offline Mr. Kochi

• First Lieutenant
  • Baah! Baah baah, baah? Baah baah!
    • View Profile
    • The Skin Warehouse
  • Nick: Mr. James Koach
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »
Eh, there are lots of impressions I would love to do. 9th SS or Spanish Division Azul for WW2, early WW1 german with pickelhaube, Napoleonic British highlanders...

One thing I would love to do is the Spanish Francoist army for the Spanish Civil War. My grandfather's brother fought there, and it would be an honour to reenact as his unit.

Then again, spanish civil war's not a very... pleasant and doable thing to reenact, least of all in Spain.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 08:26:52 pm »
SS, Division Azul, Francoist army...Kochi.....I'm scaared.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 10:07:21 pm »
Would love to do 5th New York Zuoves. There is a 5thNY unit in my club but they are kind of a joke. Im not really into to reenacting enough anymore to drop the money on a new impresison however.

Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 10:26:49 pm »
If I'd had to go into Re-enactment I'd love to do 42nd Black Watch Napoleonic or WW2 Heer.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.