Author Topic: NW Community General Discussion  (Read 60128 times)

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NW Community General Discussion
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2013, 08:31:00 pm »
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=486.0

Crusaders line battles have been running for over 2 years spanning 4-5 seperate servers (Only 1 of which is official) and catering to over 800 people at once, after running it for such a time he has failed to receive appreciation from any of the FSE staff members or its moderation team. For such a long term thing that has supported and intergrated people into the community for such a duration of time I think thanks from all FSE staff would atleast be a minimum requirement by now? As well as showing appreciation to all those who have supported Crusader in stepping in for him whilst he wasn't there and running it for him?

Regards,
Kator Viridian (Viscount Lt General)

;)

Any Closer? Can't be hard to decide surely?!
Nobody raised that one. It's a thankless job being admin... always has been, always will be.
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2013, 08:35:34 pm »
http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=486.0

Crusaders line battles have been running for over 2 years spanning 4-5 seperate servers (Only 1 of which is official) and catering to over 800 people at once, after running it for such a time he has failed to receive appreciation from any of the FSE staff members or its moderation team. For such a long term thing that has supported and intergrated people into the community for such a duration of time I think thanks from all FSE staff would atleast be a minimum requirement by now? As well as showing appreciation to all those who have supported Crusader in stepping in for him whilst he wasn't there and running it for him?

Regards,
Kator Viridian (Viscount Lt General)

;)

Any Closer? Can't be hard to decide surely?!
Nobody raised that one. It's a thankless job being admin... always has been, always will be.

Dosn't have to be at all, its the fact that people make it so because they think its the norm. Gratitude goes a long way and I think its about time considering the longevity of it and is still running now.

This kind of explains the community too ... Taking things for granted.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blobmania
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2013, 08:37:40 pm »
That's not really a community rep issue, to be honest - AFAIK it hasn't been discussed. Crusader has received personal thanks from most of the Development, Moderator and Admin staff at one point or other, and was recently made Senior Admin for the EU side of the game administration.

I'm not sure exactly what you'd like us to discuss & decide upon, here. Do you want a formal acknowledgement of his actions, or a stickied thread thanking him for his work? He's a trusted and valued member of the admin team (and of the community), and I hope he realises that, but if anyone wants to thank him for his work then I believe it should be planned privately within the community. Asking for us to give him sort of accolade on a public thread like this will make anything we do actually give him seem insincere, and therefore pretty much meaningless.

If you want to plan something for Crusader, I suggest you contact a few of the community reps personally via PM and plan something together.

Edit: Ninja'd by 5arge

- I agree that administration and moderation jobs are generally thankless. I do hope most/all of the moderation and admin staff feel valued by the Dev team and their fellow staff members. I really believe though that if you wish to pick out any one staff member for specific thanks, then it needs to be organised by you personally (potentially alongside a group of other community members), and not discussed solely by the Com Reps & FSE staff, who are really here to dictate policy rather than decide on issues like this. It would be unfair of the FSE administration to pick out one admin specifically for praise and not do so for the many others who have supported and worked for FSE from MM to the present day.
Spoiler

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2013, 08:44:13 pm »
That's not really a community rep issue, to be honest - AFAIK it hasn't been discussed. Crusader has received personal thanks from most of the Development, Moderator and Admin staff at one point or other, and was recently made Senior Admin for the EU side of the game administration.

I'm not sure exactly what you'd like us to discuss & decide upon, here. Do you want a formal acknowledgement of his actions, or a stickied thread thanking him for his work? He's a trusted and valued member of the admin team (and of the community), and I hope he realises that, but if anyone wants to thank him for his work then I believe it should be planned privately within the community. Asking for us to give him sort of accolade on a public thread like this will make anything we do actually give him seem insincere, and therefore pretty much meaningless.

If you want to plan something for Crusader, I suggest you contact a few of the community reps personally via PM and plan something together.

Edit: Ninja'd by 5arge

- I agree that administration and moderation jobs are generally thankless. I do hope most/all of the moderation and admin staff feel valued by the Dev team and their fellow staff members. I really believe though that if you wish to pick out any one staff member for specific thanks, then it needs to be organised by you personally (potentially alongside a group of other community members), and not discussed solely by the Com Reps & FSE staff, who are really here to dictate policy rather than decide on issues like this. It would be unfair of the FSE administration to pick out one admin specifically for praise and not do so for the many others who have supported and worked for FSE from MM to the present day.

Well this thread is about and i quote:

NW Community General Discussion

Discuss community related topics here. Please make sure to abide by our Forum Policy!

Should you require further support simply contact a NW Community Representative by visiting the following thread: NW Community Representatives Support.

Mentioning nothing about anything directed at community reps apart from wanting to contact one for support, The highlighted Bold is particularly misleading because the above is a community dicussion would you not agree as it involves the community wether as a whole, segregated parts or bringing it together (In this purpose Crusaders lbs).

Also thank you for more than the information I needed blob, Crusader was a bit suprised I had managed to find out his new role lol ;)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:45:44 pm by Kator Viridian »

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2013, 08:49:38 pm »
I agree that this thread is for community issues, I just think that in this particular case it might be better to keep it private and surprise Crusader when he gets any thanks for it. IMO it would kinda ruin the thanks if he's known it was coming  for a few weeks  :D
Spoiler

If a cat sits in a box in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, is it alive?

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2013, 08:51:47 pm »
I agree that this thread is for community issues, I just think that in this particular case it might be better to keep it private and surprise Crusader when he gets any thanks for it. IMO it would kinda ruin the thanks if he's known it was coming  for a few weeks  :D

Well he is now well done blob ... Jeez ... people these days.

Offline Blobmania

• Major
  • Damn Sexy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2013, 08:56:16 pm »
 :-[

Faine then.

I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.

Spoiler

Thanks Crusader for all of your work in the community!

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Happy now? Jeez...  ::)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 08:58:12 pm by Blobmania »
Spoiler

Offline Crusader

• First Lieutenant
  • EU Senior Admin of NW, Saturday Linebattle Hoster
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 52nd_King_Adminborn_Crusader
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2013, 09:04:37 pm »
Surprise party! :o so whos house is free, if i hit on any of your mothers i apologise but being adminborn is hard work and i have to let off steam somehow! Ba dum tss

Nah a humble hero such as myself does his work for the benefit of the community, ive been here sicne Day 1 and shall stay till Day X, i enjoy doing what i do, haha yes Kator, that includes raging at all the bastards on staurdays that dont listen, oh cheers a rose, whoever threw that i love you too. Now now girls, no touching until the speech is over, ahem, where was i, ah yes. As adminborn ive trekked through thick and thin with you guys, some of you have fallen by the wayside and continue to lie there, but most of us have slogged through the dirt and have continued forward, ever pushing onwards until the bright light of our journey comes to an end. This is for you my friends!

In all seriousness, cheers for all the support that has been given to me and all those that have helped me over the years, without you im sure the LB wouldnt be as successful as it is, so thank you to you. For those that attend my LB it is always open to you and others,  cheers for all the thanks and the praises that ive received, as long as i have a PC in front of me i am forever faithfully yours and NW's

Regards,

Your local friendly Adminborn
G.Jones
I hereby present Crusader with the Blobdominican medal for Bravery above and beyond the call of duty in his role as AdminBorn of the FSE servers. We have also arranged some lovely flowers & a kitten to commemorate the occasion.
[/quote]

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2013, 09:21:53 pm »
:-[

Faine then.

Spoiler

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Happy now? Jeez...  ::)

As they say:

Job Jobbed.

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2013, 03:14:58 am »
Surprise party! :o so whos house is free, if i hit on any of your mothers i apologise but being adminborn is hard work and i have to let off steam somehow! Ba dum tss

Nah a humble hero such as myself does his work for the benefit of the community, ive been here sicne Day 1 and shall stay till Day X, i enjoy doing what i do, haha yes Kator, that includes raging at all the bastards on staurdays that dont listen, oh cheers a rose, whoever threw that i love you too. Now now girls, no touching until the speech is over, ahem, where was i, ah yes. As adminborn ive trekked through thick and thin with you guys, some of you have fallen by the wayside and continue to lie there, but most of us have slogged through the dirt and have continued forward, ever pushing onwards until the bright light of our journey comes to an end. This is for you my friends!

In all seriousness, cheers for all the support that has been given to me and all those that have helped me over the years, without you im sure the LB wouldnt be as successful as it is, so thank you to you. For those that attend my LB it is always open to you and others,  cheers for all the thanks and the praises that ive received, as long as i have a PC in front of me i am forever faithfully yours and NW's

Regards,

Your local friendly Adminborn
G.Jones

So do we need to call off the cake, confetti and strippers...? :/

Thank you for making the community a better place :) there's a fair few unsung heroes of the community, even here in Aus.
Spoiler

Offline Thunderstormer

• Global Moderator
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2013, 10:20:40 am »
and strippers...? :/

No, we keep those.... I think I have said to much...

:P
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Jocam

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2013, 02:33:02 pm »
I have got something to say:

Again there are CR votings. the top ten will be the new.
But since the comunity which screamed that we desperately need them, has, some individuals excluded, added zero constructive input.
Therefor I find ten CRs unnessecary, and Imo, it should be put down to three.

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2013, 02:35:35 pm »
I believed they said that they would inform us about the people who actually did something, and who didn't do anything. I would like to know now as well seeing the new votings are on the way.

Offline Kator Viridian

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2013, 04:27:36 pm »
I have got something to say:

Again there are CR votings. the top ten will be the new.
But since the comunity which screamed that we desperately need them, has, some individuals excluded, added zero constructive input.
Therefor I find ten CRs unnessecary, and Imo, it should be put down to three.

Not really you need a wider catchment area infact, to catch as many as the actives as possible ... we do not know nor have enough information to suspect that the top 3 could infact be the ones with the least amount of input. Your assuming more votes means more input?

I believed they said that they would inform us about the people who actually did something, and who didn't do anything. I would like to know now as well seeing the new votings are on the way.

Indeed I am still waiting on this.

Offline Malakith

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2013, 04:56:21 pm »

Indeed I am still waiting on this.

Me too, I am chasing it up at the moment.