Author Topic: Fifth Election (November-December term) - Candidates and discussion  (Read 22714 times)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Che Guevara's American Cousin
  • Donator
  • Ex-NANWL Moderator | #RemoveAussies
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gluk The Walrus
  • Side: Union
Re: Fifth Election (November-December term) - Candidates and discussion
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2016, 11:30:14 pm »
Name: GlukTheWalrus
EU or NA?: NA
Are you aware that the position of Community Representative is one of trust and confidence, and do you understand you can be punished for breaking that trust? : Yes
Why should you become CR? : We are all aware that the community is slowly but surely dying with each passing month. Being an event host, i try as much as i can to pump enthusiasm into it. The reason i decided to run was to accomplish these goals,
1. Get people more active in the game.
2. (likely the most important) Bring back NA1!!! NA1 was the lifeblood of what made this game so popular. I'm not even exaggerating, for a long time all newcomers (for NA ofc) would go to NA1. Now it's completely empty and everyone is going to servers who are controlled by regiments who prevent recruiting. I'll delve into more detail as to how i'm going to accomplish this later on.
3. Bring more regiments to the game as well as getting them active on the forums. This has been a problem for a while, there have been less and less 'new' regiments. When i say new, i don't mean a rehash of an old reg. We need new regiments, with new players to keep this thing going. It sounds impossible but it's not!
4. Promote more events. Events are what keeps this community going and by promoting current events (whose attendance has been dropping) as well as new events, it would surely put life back into this community.

To whoever wins this election, i would like to ask them to incorporate at least my first 2 points into their platform.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:58:20 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2016, 11:47:52 pm »
Down with weebs. Long live Apoc
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2016, 11:52:03 pm »
Let's rally around a candidate that isn't Gluk

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2016, 11:54:50 pm »
Ap0c literally asked me to run this election. In my opinion though, Ap0c was the best community rep we've had.

Ah yes, let's not vote for someone because you personally don't like their political beliefs ;) lov u theo.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:56:43 pm by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2016, 11:59:39 pm »
Ap0c literally asked me to run this election. In my opinion though, Ap0c was the best community rep we've had.

Ah yes, let's not vote for someone because you personally don't like their political beliefs ;) lov u theo.
we don't want you. We want Apoc
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)

Offline Mekkil the Graet

• Donator
  • BACK AGAIN
    • View Profile
    • nApoleonic wArs!111
  • Nick: nApolenic_wArs!111_Dev_Mekkil
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2016, 12:03:26 am »
we don't want you. We want MEKKIL
Yes, yes you do! The superior choice is Mekkil.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2016, 12:04:43 am »
Ted should run for EU. Where the fuck is Ted?
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2016, 12:21:11 am »
All the NA Candidates i'd like to know what you're gonna do and how you're gonna do it. So gluk you said what you wanna do but how?

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2016, 12:25:47 am »

I'm not voting for you because I don't trust your short fuse with post removal powers. Nor do I think your views are in line with what the community needs. But okay. That works.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2016, 12:41:43 am »
I'll help build up the North American tournaments, and make it so that after a certain period of time, someone else can run it if the previous host has not publicly said anything about it.

#63elogic

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2016, 12:47:18 am »
you know why.  you can cut the act.
No, I really don't.
I'd love to be able to say it's just me being retarded, but knowing the administration there's a more likely reason. I got elected on a majority vote last time with a similar program and a similar forum image campaign. What has changed since then?

See forumites? This is why I take this responsibility upon my shoulders. The administration is censoring our elections! We must have change!

I can see the edits of posts.  I can see all the edits on the post you made on your app.  i saw the crap(that broke forum rules) that was put into your post after i added it to the op.  I know you removed a bunch of the crap that was in said post after i removed it from the list.  unless you are going to tell me someone else who had access to your account deleted it. 

like i said in the op, i wasn't going to put troll apps in.  why would i link an app that broke forums rules?  in any case, the administration is not to blame for what happened to your app.(and imo, i believe you know this)

if you want to talk about it more, send me a pm.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2016, 01:44:39 am »
All the NA Candidates i'd like to know what you're gonna do and how you're gonna do it. So gluk you said what you wanna do but how?
I plan to work with the community to try and repopulate NA1. Basically im going to ask the mods if they will let me host public events in NA1 with their approval and supervision. I have other plans for my other points but im at work so i cant really go too deep into it.

Theo, i respect your opinion but im telling you with all honesty that this is not about mod power and i will likely never use it besides in the shoutbox. This is about reviving the community.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2016, 01:49:35 am »
I plan to work with the community to try and repopulate NA1. Basically im going to ask the mods if they will let me host public events in NA1 with their approval and supervision. I have other plans for my other points but im at work so i cant really go too deep into it.

Theo, i respect your opinion but im telling you with all honesty that this is not about mod power and i will likely never use it besides in the shoutbox. This is about reviving the community.
NA1 stopped hosting public events because people stopped coming. It literally just happened.

What ever happened to Apocs server? Last time I checked it had 0 people despite everyone saying that they would populate it. populating a server is harder than you think.

Also I think you will stop playing NW once the 58e disbands
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:00:31 am by BabyJesus »

Offline Gluk the Walrus

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2016, 02:02:55 am »
The point my dear child is to try. Also i haven't heard about any NA1 events in a long time so i would amount that to a failure in advertising. It takes more to advertise an event than just posting a thread on the forum. I have people willing to help me put it on so that alone is a start. More traction on NA1 can only be beneficial to the community.

Also, when the 58e disbands, ill have to search for a new home or possibly make my own regiment. I like hosting events and i intend on hosting more in the future with or without a reg. I can assure you that i won't be leaving.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:06:57 am by Gluk the Walrus »

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2016, 02:29:43 am »
It is true. I did ask Gluk to run a while back.

Hear me out as to why.

What we need is someone who is will bring the community back.

Candidates like me who are just popular memeleers won't really cut it; All I really did was start a couple threads and do a bunch of talking on the forums. All my efforts to get new players actively involved in the game failed.

We need a candidate that will host events and that will get more people involved in the community. I think Gluk could do it, he seems to me like someone who would actually make an effort of doing just that. I also thought BabyJ would be a good choice until he dropped (I think), as I saw him also trying to get some events started. I would say Godfreid would be a good candidate, however I believe he has been pretty inactive, so I am not confident he would get the job done. Orcaryo is abit of a wild card to me - great guy, but he has never been the most active on the forums, and I am not sure if he would get events started. If we were voting for refs though, he is easily one of the most experienced out there, but I have no clue how well he would do as a rep.

So I wouldn't trash Gluk. He seems like a good person, behind all those communist memes he spews. He has been active on the forums recently, and he has been trying to get events started. I think him being CR could easily go well.

So I will endorse Gluk, and BabyJ if he is still running.