Poll

Should we make a new forum?

Yes
No
On the fence

Author Topic: Should we make a new forum?  (Read 3999 times)

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
Should we make a new forum?
« on: August 30, 2014, 10:53:43 pm »
Ladies and gentlemen, I come before you today as a member of a community scorned.

As many of you know, the 60th Rifles thread today was abruptly and unfairly taken down today by one of the forum admins. To new forumites, this means fairly little to you. But to people like me, those who've been here for a long time now, the 60th thread was a monument to our community. It was a place of laughs, a thread where no holds were barred and one could act as he pleased. We loved that thread, and it's size was somewhat of a symbol of this community.

This removal of the 60th thread is the latest in a long line of admins going against the wishes of the community. For too long we've voiced our concerns to be swept to the side. We've been treated as expendable, as though we don't have any ownership as this forum, even though WE ARE THIS FORUM. US, the community who posts here!

So, I propose this solution. It is radical, I admit, but at this point I feel it needs to be done. We must make a new forum, where we the community decide what happens. We love FSE, we love Napoleonic Wars and we love the devs. We may get upset, we may act as children, but we do so because we care so much for this community.

I ask your opinion on this matter. Vote, post, and God bless.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 10:56:34 pm by ClearlyInvsible »
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Oxford_

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • I <3 Jenna Coleman & CS:GO
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Should we make a new forum?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2014, 10:55:42 pm »
+1

Obama promised change!

Offline Jorvasker

• Donator
  • 33rd_Fus_Jorvasker
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Jorvasker
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2014, 10:56:15 pm »
Yes! YES! YES!

Regiment History:
Filthy Casual Publorde from May 2011 - Mid July 2012 / Early Services from July - November 2012, including 33rd, 63e, 1stCI / 1stFKI - November 2012 - April 2013 / Break from April 2013 - July 2013, with a short return to 63e from June until July / 1stEPI - July 2013 - January 2016 (Retired from game)

Offline Krotan

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 10:56:50 pm »
Absolutely YES!

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2014, 10:57:06 pm »
I would donate, if I can be top poster again k?
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 10:58:05 pm »
Taleworlds still works

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 10:58:28 pm »
I wouldn't mind doing it, but...

Since you have proposed something, will you host it as a solution?

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 10:58:58 pm »
I disagree. Our small community can not be split further and survive in my opinion, however I do agree that the FSE forum rules and how they are enforced can be absolutely fucking ridiculous. The community has lost a good deal of people because of said rules, and I think understanding and relaxing them for the future would be beneficial. For example, the fact that I was warned for posting a popcorn gif is fucking ridiculous.

I suggest the forum rules are changed to be less petty, and pointless and admins only intervene when something serious happens.

Just my 2 cents.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 11:00:16 pm »
A whole new moderation team wouldn't be bad either. Get rid of useless mods (Malakith).
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 11:00:32 pm »
I disagree. Our small community can not be split further and survive in my opinion, however I do agree that the FSE forum rules and how they are enforced can be absolutely fucking ridiculous. The community has lost a good deal of people because of said rules, and I think understanding and relaxing them for the future would be beneficial. For example, the fact that I was warned for posting a popcorn gif is fucking ridiculous.

I suggest the forum rules are changed to be less petty, and pointless and admins only intervene when something serious happens.

Just my 2 cents.
If reforms were made to the admin staff and rules amended, punishments revoked, and a clean slate started, I can see this community staying together.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 11:02:40 pm »
I wouldn't mind doing it, but...

Since you have proposed something, will you host it as a solution?

I... lack the funds. I would recommend it to be crowd-funded. Or perhaps use the subreddit that Furrnox made.

Just my 2 cents.

Walko I don't really want to leave, but we've tried to change things. We've lost form after form of what little representation we had here in FSE, and everytime we kick-up a dust storm we get ignored and told to deal with it.

We've been trying to fix FSE for a while now, but enough is enough. If our opinions aren't considered, we should just move elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents.
If reforms were made to the admin staff and rules amended, punishments revoked, and a clean slate started, I can see this community staying together.

Not all punishments, only the ones where the community disagrees with.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2014, 11:03:57 pm »

Just my 2 cents.

Well then I say we use our power as the community to try and get the forum rules amended, and maybe change the role of admins and moderators, and maybe remove some of the current moderators.

I think the best way to approach this would be to give a clear list of complaints to the administration, and then create a way to change them. Creating a new forum won't solve that.

Come up with a plan to amend the situation and I'm sure the community will back it. WE are what keep FSE alive, they need us, but I won't support people being stupid cunts. I think as a community we should come up with a list of complaints.
Pointy stick champion

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:28 pm »
Hm. And what makes you so sure they won't ignore us like the last 10 times?

Offline Walko

• Brigadier General
  • Tired art student.
    • View Profile
    • 4. Silesian Landwehr
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2014, 11:05:58 pm »
To add to my point. People being massive fucking dickheads right now isn't proving anything, and just reinforcing the heavy handed admining. Be calm collected and mature, and maybe we can get some change.

Being fucking stupid and spamming th old 60th thread will not help.
Pointy stick champion

Offline Commissar Jdf

• General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: USMC_Maj_CommissarJdf
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2014, 11:06:17 pm »
I THINK WE SHOULD ALL HAVE A MILLION DOLLARS!

The thing is, if you aren't willing to work for it, why does everyone always restate it?
Hopefully no offense was taken, just trying to explain how if you want it go do it haha.