Author Topic: Marching Band  (Read 4491 times)

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
  • Leader of 1er Suisse, Ski Instructor, Paintballer
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
  • Nick: J-Man11
  • Side: Union
Re: Marching Band
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 06:17:56 am »
No, as in drums only.

Oh yeah.. I play drums, here is a good one,

Video

[close]

For Marching

[close]

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2017, 06:23:23 am »
Just to go off of what I posted there,the Drummer's call, traditionally an 8 Bar Phrase, was played in the British army, as a signal for officers and NCO's to take their places before a battle, this is in the 1700's and 1800's, now-a-day's its used a cool kind of cadence.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 09:14:40 am »
Kewl. It's hard to find new shit just on the interwebs as almost all of it is copyrighted and/or only available when you fucking buy it.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2017, 02:39:17 am »
Kewl. It's hard to find new shit just on the interwebs as almost all of it is copyrighted and/or only available when you fucking buy it.

True..  My Fav drum is the one in those videos, its a much higher tension drum, used for Pipe Bands, I love the 'Buzz' sound it has..
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 02:46:22 am by Coldstreamer »

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
  • Why do drugs when you can listen to music?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Illya
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2017, 07:28:52 pm »
Oi, percussionist in a marching band right here! :D I focus on snare drum, but cymbals, bass drum and glockenspiel also works.

Our band is called "Norrköpings Ungdomsmusikkår" which translates to "Youth Music Corps of Norrköping". We play sitting down, standing up and of course while marching! Here's a picture of us from 1st of May this year:
Spoiler
[close]
I'm the 1st drummer from the left.

Here's a video of us playing in town on the 6th of June (Sweden's national day):
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 07:35:17 pm by Malkolm R. Lind »

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2017, 07:48:40 pm »
Oi, percussionist in a marching band right here! :D I focus on snare drum, but cymbals, bass drum and glockenspiel also works.

Our band is called "Norrköpings Ungdomsmusikkår" which translates to "Youth Music Corps of Norrköping". We play sitting down, standing up and of course while marching! Here's a picture of us from 1st of May this year:
Spoiler
[close]
I'm the 1st drummer from the left.

Here's a video of us playing in town on the 6th of June (Sweden's national day):
Spoiler
[close]

Very nice march, I'll show 2 videos myself,

Our NJROTC Drumline thing, I'm the embarrassing dancer

In both I do Snare, the 1st video im 3rd from far left, 2nd one im 3rd from left..

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2017, 07:59:06 pm »
Cool cool. So you guys do pipe drums more? We do the regular traditional ones mainly because that's what Swedish styled marching music requires. Here's an example of that noise with our middle march:
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2017, 09:53:47 pm »
Cool cool. So you guys do pipe drums more? We do the regular traditional ones mainly because that's what Swedish styled marching music requires. Here's an example of that noise with our middle march:
Spoiler
[close]

I love pipe drums, I want one, we use marching drums

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2017, 01:05:17 am »
Spoiler
[close]

The 'snarey' sounded drum is the lead drum, so its a little louder, that is our band, this is what they sound like (the ones the others use):

That video is when our abdn went to Dublin

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2017, 01:05:49 am »
- made 2 by accident
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 01:09:00 am by Coldstreamer »

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2017, 10:00:41 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

You guys' steps are double what is easy to march with. The last gus in the unit will be running a fucking marathon.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2017, 07:49:12 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

You guys' steps are double what is easy to march with. The last gus in the unit will be running a fucking marathon.

Looks more like a 2/4 march, not a 4/4

Offline Malkolm R. Lind

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2017, 12:23:01 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah, bro. I know. Keep in mind that tempos are different in some countries. I would also like to point out that some of us are not the tallest. The main reason behind us marching so wonky here is because the percussion section started rushing like hell when we began, so it just went that way. There are several triplets in the middle march that have special accents that are hard to get right and keep tempo at the same time. In conclusion: We're not the best band. We contain mostly of youths, and we play for fun. :D

Offline Coldstreamer

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2017, 01:39:34 am »
Spoiler
[close]

Yeah, bro. I know. Keep in mind that tempos are different in some countries. I would also like to point out that some of us are not the tallest. The main reason behind us marching so wonky here is because the percussion section started rushing like hell when we began, so it just went that way. There are several triplets in the middle march that have special accents that are hard to get right and keep tempo at the same time. In conclusion: We're not the best band. We contain mostly of youths, and we play for fun. :D

If its fun thats all that matters :D