Author Topic: Favourite Historic Battles!  (Read 28039 times)

Offline Crescent Glow

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Favourite Historic Battles!
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2014, 01:29:07 am »
Battle of Howe's anus xoxo

Offline Nilewe

• Sergeant
  • "Présent, toujours !"
    • View Profile
  • Nick: IVe_7e_Huss_Cvl_Nilewe
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2014, 01:31:51 am »
Austerlitz

Gergovie

Marignan

(Vive la France <3)

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2014, 01:39:09 am »
Battle of Howe's anus xoxo
that's an unattainable victory you're fighting for, boi
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2014, 01:54:27 am »
Austerlitz

Gergovie

Marignan

(Vive la France <3)

I love French military history, my favorite battle was the battle of Paris in WW2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Paris_(1940)
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline Nilewe

• Sergeant
  • "Présent, toujours !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 02:04:53 am »
Austerlitz

Gergovie

Marignan

(Vive la France <3)

I love French military history, my favorite battle was the battle of Paris in WW2.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Paris_(1940)

pls

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2014, 02:10:29 am »
No, Hitler's autism saved GB. He let the Allies escape because he wanted his Anglo-Saxon 'brothers' in Great Britain to join the Axis powers.
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline Nilewe

• Sergeant
  • "Présent, toujours !"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2014, 02:19:42 am »
Yhea he really want save GB, But he choose to send 160 000 German Soldier to the death for the funny

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2014, 02:39:01 am »
Yhea he really want save GB, But he choose to send 160 000 German Soldier to the death for the funny

Hitler never intended to invade or even fight Britain to begin with, he always wanted the Brits to join him in his conquest of Russia.

He sent 160,000 men to their deaths to destroy your sorry excuse for a country. Your people didn't even defend your capital city, how disgraceful.
9-11 Coaster.

Offline Mr T

• Major General
  • Je Passe Quand Meme
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Mortier
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2014, 02:41:43 am »

Hitler never intended to invade or even fight Britain to begin with, he always wanted the Brits to join him in his conquest of Russia.

He sent 160,000 men to their deaths to destroy your sorry excuse for a country. Your people didn't even defend your capital city, how disgraceful.

Not sure if trolling, or just massively retarded.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2014, 06:18:03 am »
Yeah I guess you're right, I would surrender too if I was as bad at fighting wars as France is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-Prussian_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_War_I

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algerian_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Dien_Bien_Phu (rofl)

It's funny how the only time France was ever good at war was when they were led by a Corsican, lol.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:26:44 am by Chosen1 »
9-11 Coaster.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2014, 06:37:11 am »
Wait a second, why is WWI up there? France made the most sacrifice of any allied nation in that war and showed a great amount of defiance and courage. Also, when it comes to Vietnam, let's not pretend the U.S. does any better.  Also, French are kinda the reason your beloved 'Murica is a nation but I guess that's niether here nor there.
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2014, 07:15:42 am »
Well, it is true that Hitler didn't want to fight the British because he considered them to be a good Germanic ally. He also admired how the British were running India. Hitler thought the Americans more dangerous than the French, but hated the French more than the Americans because of the various wars between France and German states and because he felt France was slowly becoming non-European.

This page goes into more detail, even though I dislike Wikipedia, I find this article spot on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweites_Buch#Ideas_on_international_relations

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2014, 07:25:47 am »
The French kinda got shitted on the first half of the first world war, and would've almost definitely lost had the US not intervened.

And rofl don't compare France and the USA in Vietnam. The USA never lost a pitched battle against the NVA. We pulled out because the # of casualties was not worth the cause. France on the other hand was literally defeated by a third world army. I mean why does France even have a military if it is literally such a shitty country
9-11 Coaster.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2014, 07:38:49 am »
The French kinda got shitted on the first half of the first world war, and would've almost definitely lost had the US not intervened.

And rofl don't compare France and the USA in Vietnam. The USA never lost a pitched battle against the NVA. We pulled out because the # of casualties was not worth the cause. France on the other hand was literally defeated by a third world army. I mean why does France even have a military if it is literally such a shitty country
Oh yes a Germany has such a perfect history and  a superior country to France 100% no bad history at all....France surrendered and Germany didn't and look what fucking happened to it. And the US did piss all in the Great War. It was France, Canada and the United Kingdom that did the brunt of the fighting, ever heard of Verdun?

Germany is a much more prosperous country than France is now if that's what you meant. Atleast the German people have the balls to defend their own capital city

And yes, the western front was a stalemate until the US intervened. Quit pretending we didn't save your shite countries both world wars lol
9-11 Coaster.

Offline Akko

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2014, 07:45:51 am »
I'm not gonna jump in here, and as an American, say that I would support the French over the Germans. :P No hard feelings Germany, but France and the US have a long history of good relations. They helped us gain independence after all and we inspired their revolution to overthrow the French monarch.

Vive la France!