Author Topic: Light Infantry  (Read 3490 times)

Offline KL4R1N0G4MPR0S

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Light Infantry
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2014, 04:07:48 am »
I always find light Infantry to be restricted too much in events in terms of spacing. When I am skirmishing I really don't want to be worrying about getting perfect spacing and just focus on shooting. Rifles can also take on line infantry in a melee, done it many times myself. Just run away until they are spread out and pick them off and take their bayonets.

MLG PR0 t1p here, pay attention.
Any Line Inf/ Foot Guards worth their uniforms would never take on any enemies in private 1v1s, but would rather stick together and fight as a unit. As for the "running away", is that formal retreating, or just rambo spreading and, afterwards, Y0l0 charging?

As for rifle vs. cavalry, well, that would be a gangbang. Love to see what your short swords would do against light/heavy swords and sabres :P They have big, equestrian animals, known as horses, too. Scary.

Rifles, Imo, are only good for those who can't melee, and only lead to time-wasting (15secs reload for a shot) and, if the target has been killed, a lovely urge for him/her to r4g3qu1t the fuck out of the game (waiting in an LB for like ten minutes the upteenth time gets quite annoying, believe me). That's  why I really enjoy a rifle/musketoon butt vs. inf. bayonet duel, it really can be quite hilarious... (the butt was, thankfully, nerfed in the 1.104 NW update).

Irrelevant: As for the musketoon, well, I dont figure out why anyone would ever use it, other than to pointblank in those tight, narrow Killbox maps :) But that's just me being mean, so feel free to disagree, Internet.
<3

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2014, 04:16:33 am »
I always find light Infantry to be restricted too much in events in terms of spacing. When I am skirmishing I really don't want to be worrying about getting perfect spacing and just focus on shooting. Rifles can also take on line infantry in a melee, done it many times myself. Just run away until they are spread out and pick them off and take their bayonets.

MLG PR0 t1p here, pay attention.
Any Line Inf/ Foot Guards worth their uniforms would never take on any enemies in private 1v1s, but would rather stick together and fight as a unit. As for the "running away", is that formal retreating, or just rambo spreading and, afterwards, Y0l0 charging?

Yeh, it usually only works on less experienced plebs and for the running away part we tend to spread out to the sides and reload as some run on up ahead and do a fire and retreat. You would be suprised but it actually works, gets lines all spaced out for cav to come in and destroy them.

As for rifle vs. cavalry, well, that would be a gangbang. Love to see what your short swords would do against light/heavy swords and sabres :P They have big, equestrian animals, known as horses, too. Scary.

Bullets, we can most of the time do good damage to light cavalry if we are all loaded but your right. Heavy cav usually rapes us though.

Rifles, Imo, are only good for those who can't melee, and only lead to time-wasting (15secs reload for a shot) and, if the target has been killed, a lovely urge for him/her to r4g3qu1t the fuck out of the game (waiting in an LB for like ten minutes the upteenth time gets quite annoying, believe me). That's  why I really enjoy a rifle/musketoon butt vs. inf. bayonet duel, it really can be quite hilarious... (the butt was, thankfully, nerfed in the 1.104 NW update).

Are you having a giggle m8? Rifles are to support the other units, and they do a really good job of it. Wasting an enemy lines volley, spreading them out for cavalry, disrupting formations and when the time comes to it we can charge and we can melee. Although most rifles I see nowadays are fairly wank.

Irrelevant: As for the musketoon, well, I dont figure out why anyone would ever use it, other than to pointblank in those tight, narrow Killbox maps :) But that's just me being mean, so feel free to disagree, Internet.

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2014, 06:21:30 am »
I've preferred light infantry to rifles due to the faster reload and the bayonet. Heck even going with a regular cav-musket is good.

Rifles are fun, but the rate of fire tends to make it hard to pick people off at moderate ranges.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 01:34:22 pm »
I've preferred light infantry to rifles due to the faster reload and the bayonet. Heck even going with a regular cav-musket is good.

Rifles are fun, but the rate of fire tends to make it hard to pick people off at moderate ranges.
Learn 2 spread.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2014, 01:56:26 pm »
7y7 can't spread

Offline ClearlyInvsible

• Donator
  • I'm still here. Dunno why.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: ClearlyInvsible
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2014, 07:14:55 pm »

Learn 2 spread.

Stfu rifles cannot into firerate.
"No man will make a great leader who wants to do it all himself or get all the credit for doing it."- Andrew Carnegie
“A man who has no conscience, no goodness, does not suffer.” - Khaled Hosseini
Faggots will burn in hell anyway, who cares.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2014, 05:38:34 am »
Skirms = Spacing at almost all times and skirmish tactics always, never armed with bayonet.

Lights = Line infantry with the option to employ skirmish tactics, always armed with bayonet.

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2014, 01:59:07 pm »

Learn 2 spread.

I'd rather take a few more seconds to load with a better chance at hitting, makes you way more effective when taking your first shots.

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2014, 03:44:56 pm »

Learn 2 spread.

I'd rather take a few more seconds to load with a better chance at hitting, makes you way more effective when taking your first shots.

Well that might be true, but in a lot of times 'more shots = more hits'
Penn and shitz

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2014, 03:56:46 pm »

Learn 2 spread.

Not with the 77y line infantry it doesn't
77y shoot= No hits= Reloading=Standing around= Getting shot= muny die= less melee= much cri

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2014, 04:11:57 pm »

Learn 2 spread.

Not with the 77y line infantry it doesn't
77y shoot= No hits= Reloading=Standing around= Getting shot= muny die= less melee= much cri

Well, the 77y is, well, I'm not gonna lie...
Penn and shitz

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2014, 04:15:09 pm »
Completely MLG is what you're gonna say isn't it?

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2014, 04:17:00 pm »

What does MLG even mean? :s
Penn and shitz

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2014, 04:19:01 pm »

Major League Gaming
It's like where all the pro players play in tournaments for money and stuff

Offline Penn

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »

Major League Gaming
It's like where all the pro players play in tournaments for money and stuff

Sounds kind of..
Penn and shitz