Author Topic: Developer Blog 34 - Battle Cry of Freedom Part 5  (Read 56131 times)

Offline Shadow

• Former Moderator
  • Decorated Soldier, Validated Commander, GHTG
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Shadow
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Developer Blog 34 - Battle Cry of Freedom Part 5
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2019, 05:45:01 pm »
We are aiming for 500, if that is possible we do not know just yet. We will do our best. Either way, we will not ship the game with less than 200.

bless you
FSE Head Moderator, Feb 2018 - Apr 2022
FSE Community Moderator, Oct 2015 - Feb 2018

FSE Discord Moderator, Dec 2018 - Present

Former Leutnant 19te Prussian Infantry || Feel free to contact me on Steam here

Join the FSE Discord here!

Offline Melerion

• Second Lieutenant
  • Was im Zelt passiert, bleibt im Zelt !
    • View Profile
  • Nick: kkIR3_ULt_Nohrii
  • Side: Union
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2019, 12:38:35 pm »
Because adding all possible ranks would be to much. We just chose one of the Lieutenants at random. We just need one, because the only reason for a Lieutenant to be there is to replace the Captain in case he is incapable of leading the company. Even if you wanted to break into platoons, you would still have a leader for each platoon. More sergeants or officers would just bloat up the company structure for no reason.

From the blog:
You might have noticed that the company is not having the correct composition of ranks that a company should have had in reality. This has three reasons. Firstly, it was not uncommon during the civil war, that a company would be reduced so much in size that many ranks were simply missing or no longer needed. Secondly, it would blow the scale of our game if we were to include every single rank that a regiment/company would have had.

Mhm... I agree and disagree. But still thank you for responding.
REENACTOR OF:
k. k. Infanterieregiment No. 3 "Erzherzog Carl" I. Grenadiercompagnie; https://kkir3.at/

45th New York State Volunteers '5th German Rifles', Howe's Rifles; www.45thnysv.de

Offline Kubus

• Major
  • I'm probably most annoying kid on this forum
    • View Profile
    • GO CRAZY
  • Nick: 45thN_Kgm_JanMoody55FanBoy
  • Side: Union
« Reply #77 on: May 27, 2020, 02:24:49 pm »
looks sick
Ban kubitch of nw warband because is childish moron unhappy antisocial person, have at 2023 meeting with lawyer about him.  kubus mental disease