Author Topic: Wasting time.  (Read 17024 times)

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Wasting time.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 10:54:17 pm »
When you enjoy doing something I don't see how you can call it ''wasted'' time. If you play this and you actually don't enjoy it, then you're ''wasting'' time as you could be spending that time on something you do enjoy.
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Marton

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 11:23:34 pm »
Eat your shoes

Everyone must obey to Broetz.

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 11:56:01 pm »

Offline Henry Cadogan

• Colonel
  • Only thing I am afraid of is stupidity.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Henry Cadogan
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2015, 01:38:04 am »

Offline KurassierNixon

• First Lieutenant
  • Nemo me impune lacessit
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Panini
  • Side: Union
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2015, 01:53:40 am »
Eat ur shoes or die

Offline Peter Broetz

• Brigadier General
  • batteries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2015, 01:57:39 am »
Walko aint a man of his word sadly, I have been asking him nicely for over a year now.  :'(

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 01:58:30 am »
It's called time management.  It's up to you to control if you have an addiction or not, you cannot blame anyone or any entity for it.  It's a game after all and the satisfaction of playing this game may be higher than that of doing real life stuff, for me I found that balance years ago.

I feel sorry for those who play Groupfighting everyday, I agree with the idea that some are addicted. I personally rarely play and even when I was playing with a regiment I'd only play for events then piss off to do something else. I think the game dies quicker for leaders as it's like being a mother to 80 retarded children.

Offline |Heinrich|

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • ex - 92nd Colonel 2015-2017 Versions
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 01:02:39 pm »
It's called time management.  It's up to you to control if you have an addiction or not, you cannot blame anyone or any entity for it.  It's a game after all and the satisfaction of playing this game may be higher than that of doing real life stuff, for me I found that balance years ago.

I feel sorry for those who play Groupfighting everyday, I agree with the idea that some are addicted. I personally rarely play and even when I was playing with a regiment I'd only play for events then piss off to do something else. I think the game dies quicker for leaders as it's like being a mother to 80 retarded children.
+1

Offline Rhen

• Colonel
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2015, 02:46:31 pm »
it's like being a mother to 80 retarded children

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 03:01:34 pm »

lol u r just jaelous cuz' they rek you in melee
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline NickyJ

• Major General
  • The Twilight Zone
    • View Profile
  • Nick: LIR_Lieut_NickyJ
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 03:26:09 pm »
To add on to what others have said, there are other positive things about the game as well. In the two years I've been playing this game, I've met some cool people that became friends along the way. It may sound weird to others, but I value those friendships as well. This is a community, and with the jerks that take the fun out of it, there are the awesome ones that make it entirely worth it. People have to decide whether it's worth the trouble we go through or not. For me, it still is.

I think the game dies quicker for leaders as it's like being a mother to 80 retarded children.
This is the truth. Needing to deal with people acting like 5 year-olds really sucks the fun out. Not all of it, but a lot.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:28:51 pm by NickyJ »

Offline Rikugun Taishō Ito

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Itosian
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 06:38:53 pm »
lol wat NW dont evn play
yooza bitch

Offline hobbitcankill

• First Lieutenant
  • So, How u all doin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hobbit
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 07:07:36 pm »
i would want to quite that i think what would i do irl if i stop playing casue i have no friend who i could hang around with :(

Offline Nipplestockings

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 07:24:06 pm »
There was a time, I think the summer of 2012 or 2013 that I played at least 10 hours a day. Those times during the summer I had absolutely no obligations and so I just spent the entire day, from waking up to going to bed playing NW and other games. My social life didn't really suffer as I still managed to make time for friends, but when the school year started again I had completely lost any good work habits and self discipline, and I nearly flunked that year. Luckily I stopped playing NW after only about 750 hours, which is pretty low compared to a lot of people in the community. Can't imagine what it must be like for people who have 2,000+.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 12:09:12 am »
Spoiler

lol u r just jaelous cuz' they rek you in melee
[close]

:'{