Author Topic: Anymore Factions?  (Read 24973 times)

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Anymore Factions?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 07:37:20 am »
Not the United States. No. I'm American and even I know that's a terrible idea. They wouldn't do such a thing.

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
  • A glorious death is his who for his country falls.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Timo
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2014, 07:54:47 am »
I think they are doing UK next, United States will come too
I dont think they will add America because it is 1916 america did not join untill 1917 they could add like an american unit to france there where quite some americans in french service but it would just be an american carrying french arms
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2014, 08:03:46 am »
If Russia was added but not Belgium I would personally find the nearest brick and beat a random homeless guy with it. Russia quit halfway through the war because of the Bolshevik revolution - but the country who gave the allies an advantage in the war and fought from start to finish gets nothing? That wouldn't make sense.

While personally I would want Belgium in the game, I'm 99% sure that after they add the UK they'll add Austria so that it represents both sides equally - that being said, if they add a 5th faction, it should be Belgium >.>
The whole of Belgium approves this message
+12000000 XD
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
No, I would recommend removing a faction to reduce the lag. I would suggest removing France.
[close]

Offline Ioan Cojocaru

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2014, 08:24:53 am »
Vive Le Roumanie and Vive Le Belgique (Belgium)
Vivé lé Roumanie

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 08:32:30 am »
Vive Le Roumanie and Vive Le Belgique (Belgium)
Huzzaahhh!!
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
  • Side: Union
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 11:24:09 am »
The only issue with adding Austria-Hungary and not Russia is that who the hell are the Austrians going to fight? I'm Belgian myself and I love the idea of having a Belgian faction but I for the sake of historical accuracy they should go with Russia.

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 12:11:06 pm »
The only issue with adding Austria-Hungary and not Russia is that who the hell are the Austrians going to fight? I'm Belgian myself and I love the idea of having a Belgian faction but I for the sake of historical accuracy they should go with Russia.
Well they can make as much faction as they want they can add like every faction that fought in WW1 but yea that be alot of work
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 12:34:37 pm »
If Russia was added but not Belgium I would personally find the nearest brick and beat a random homeless guy with it. Russia quit halfway through the war because of the Bolshevik revolution - but the country who gave the allies an advantage in the war and fought from start to finish gets nothing? That wouldn't make sense.

While personally I would want Belgium in the game, I'm 99% sure that after they add the UK they'll add Austria so that it represents both sides equally - that being said, if they add a 5th faction, it should be Belgium >.>

There's no clue that Belgium must have a Nation in this mod and not Russia  if you go on this way. because without millions of russians mobilizing millions of Austro Germans to face them, that's not the 110 000 belgian soldiers which could have saved us. IF we were not totaly outnumbered and spanked in 1914 it's because of the russians.

+ you forget to remember that, alot of Russian offensives like Brussilov were made by the non stop pressure and asking for of the French and British commanders to help us in great battles, like Verdun, to depressurize our front.

About the advantage you gave, Serbia gaves a greater advantage and defeated in outnumber and without many artillery and ammunitions the austrian army, starting to invade them on their own territory and forcing two times the Austrians to retreat totaly from Serbia.  That forced germans to send many men to help Austrians in 1915. With they couldn't have a nation plot too so?

Only thing to make everybody happy will be to keep the last two plots for multi nations, like "Eastern Entente" with Serbian, romanian, italian (even if its not an eastern country), russian troops. And eastern Triplice with Ottomans and Bulgarians and Austria Hungary. I know this is not the best way to have a full nation units but it's the only way to make most of the people alright with that i think.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 12:45:54 pm by Nardu »

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 01:54:35 pm »

There's no clue that Belgium must have a Nation in this mod and not Russia  if you go on this way. because without millions of russians mobilizing millions of Austro Germans to face them, that's not the 110 000 belgian soldiers which could have saved us. IF we were not totaly outnumbered and spanked in 1914 it's because of the russians.

+ you forget to remember that, alot of Russian offensives like Brussilov were made by the non stop pressure and asking for of the French and British commanders to help us in great battles, like Verdun, to depressurize our front.

About the advantage you gave, Serbia gaves a greater advantage and defeated in outnumber and without many artillery and ammunitions the austrian army, starting to invade them on their own territory and forcing two times the Austrians to retreat totaly from Serbia.  That forced germans to send many men to help Austrians in 1915. With they couldn't have a nation plot too so?

Only thing to make everybody happy will be to keep the last two plots for multi nations, like "Eastern Entente" with Serbian, romanian, italian (even if its not an eastern country), russian troops. And eastern Triplice with Ottomans and Bulgarians and Austria Hungary. I know this is not the best way to have a full nation units but it's the only way to make most of the people alright with that i think.
Wait you saying should have stopped the whole German army with 110000 soldiers?!
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 01:57:20 pm »
United States will come too
Unless it's just as a single unit for UK (like KGL in NW) it's pretty unlikely that the US will be making an appearance in the mod.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 02:17:21 pm »

Are you silly? The Austrians fought the Russians until 1917, and fought the Italians the entire war int he Alps/Northern Italy. Forget about Russia, because that warfare was entirely mobile. This mod should focus on the Western theater of 1916: Third French Republic, German Empire, British Commonwealth, Austria-Hungary, Italy. The Austrians also contributed to the Germans some divisions of troops, so they fought the French as well. British and French in France vs. Germans. France and Italy vs. Austrians in the Alps and Italy...

Offline Nardu

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 02:19:42 pm »

Wait you saying should have stopped the whole German army with 110000 soldiers?!

Not at all, i said i don't see why russians are less considered by belgians ( read his message) has they played a greater role in the less concentration and the non defeat of western troops than Belgium.
Again read his message, he's trying to compare the russian role with belgians one, as you stated it is not possible.
As saying that Belgium must have a whole faction for Itself instead of Russia.

So my message clearly say that, with or not the Belgian troops, if Russia wasn't here ( which is historically impossible as France goes to war as Ruusia's ally) we had been defeated by the more numbered german army.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 02:36:38 pm by Nardu »

Offline asagek

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 02:58:17 pm »

Not at all, i said i don't see why russians are less considered by belgians ( read his message) has they played a greater role in the less concentration and the non defeat of western troops than Belgium.
Again read his message, he's trying to compare the russian role with belgians one, as you stated it is not possible.
As saying that Belgium must have a whole faction for Itself instead of Russia.

So my message clearly say that, with or not the Belgian troops, if Russia wasn't here ( which is historically impossible as France goes to war as Ruusia's ally) we had been defeated by the more numbered german army.
Thats true
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
[close]

Offline AubeS

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 06:27:44 pm »
Uhhh why not simply give the modder the time to make they work ? Personally I think that faction should be developed in this order: UK, Austria Hungary, Russia, other faction.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 06:34:54 pm »
You're forgetting that without the delaying action fought by Belgium, France would have been rocked.the Belgians prevented hundreds of thousands of Germans from taking France in a matter of weeks. In turn they also gave the UK time to mobilize their troops. My opinion that they should be added is based on the fact that they prevented the war from ending in an early German victory and they fought through the entire war. Belgians even lent troops to Russia at the Tsar's request.