Poll

What do you think should happen if cav jump onto an infantry who is crouching and bracing their bayonet directly at the horse

The horse should die as it has made contact with the bayonette ( This does not happen in game )
57 (76%)
The horse should live either clear the infantry or knock over the infantry(This already happens in game)
18 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Author Topic: Anti-Cav Squares exploit?  (Read 13938 times)

Offline PoWder

• Private
  • 18th_AzeriArty_Queen_PoWder
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Anti-Cav Squares exploit?
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2014, 06:18:23 pm »
video game s should follow real life imo

Offline Posh

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • i can help col posh out with anything
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Lt_Posh
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2014, 04:36:31 pm »
You have nerfed cav to its end already. Cav is so weak and you are crying about realism. Ruin the game more with your shit.
Previously: 2ndCSG Major - 17e Colonel - 22nd Serjeant - 1Lhr Leutnant - 78th Lance Corporal

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2014, 05:36:33 pm »
If you see a wall, will run at the wall and slam it with your body? Or will you try and go around a wall?
There is a brace feature in NW as far as I know, just crouch and turn to melee mode. The fact tyat tactics like squares dont work in NW is because the horse doesnt have any brains at all in the game compared to in real life. As soon as you press E on the horse you become his brain. Users in NW would run into the square cause the horse doesnt react at what it should in real life. So basically the user just jumps into the circle and kills. In real life the horse would stop infront of the line of bayonets or run around. In NW the brainless horse follows what the brainless user does without hesitation.
The first modder for NW.

Offline TheZach_Attack

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Zach_Attack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2014, 05:50:03 pm »
damn beta, and whenever a reg that we are attacking does form a square or circle we make a circle of our own, to avoid bucking each other

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 06:31:19 pm »
Love you zach. plg is not brainless, more like a storm.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Posh

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • i can help col posh out with anything
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 22nd_Lt_Posh
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2014, 07:25:23 pm »
If you see a wall, will run at the wall and slam it with your body? Or will you try and go around a wall?
There is a brace feature in NW as far as I know, just crouch and turn to melee mode. The fact tyat tactics like squares dont work in NW is because the horse doesnt have any brains at all in the game compared to in real life. As soon as you press E on the horse you become his brain. Users in NW would run into the square cause the horse doesnt react at what it should in real life. So basically the user just jumps into the circle and kills. In real life the horse would stop infront of the line of bayonets or run around. In NW the brainless horse follows what the brainless user does without hesitation.

Ok. Ever heard that horses were trained in order to do their job properly? Fuck off with your realism
Previously: 2ndCSG Major - 17e Colonel - 22nd Serjeant - 1Lhr Leutnant - 78th Lance Corporal

Offline Betaknight

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2014, 07:56:32 pm »

Ok. Ever heard that horses were trained in order to do their job properly? Fuck off with your realism
Your post is more confusing than Betty. Eitherway, I have not suggested for NW to have realistic horse mechanics and brains, I was simply stating the obvious. I doubt a horse would want to be stabbed with bayonets or "spiky things", I'd say that is instinctive. Just like you wouldn't jump into a pit of fire. Soldiers are trained to hold the line yet they also fall back or refuse to stay in line. Now please, do yourself a favor and stop cursing to others who don't agree with your views of games and realism.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2014, 01:49:28 am »
I don't care about horses refusing to run into the square. I always want to player to have 100% control of the horse. The only thing I do not like is that horses can literally clear a entire line of people with a jump even when they are all bracing which is retarded. I want it so if someone is bracing their bayonet that it is impossible for a horse to jump over it because IT RUINS THE POINT OF A braced SQUARE. Cav jumping into a braced square DESTROYS IT. AND IS OP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0APWuhRkB0&feature=youtu.be

This is retarded.

« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:51:12 am by Coconut »

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2014, 10:30:51 am »
Maybe horse could stop at a braced all scared and stuff and then the infantry man could just stab the horse or rider to death? Oh wait, that doesn't fix the jumping into squares thing..

Offline The Norseman

• Captain
    • View Profile
  • Nick: K-KA_Kpl_TheNorseman
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2014, 12:34:45 pm »
You have nerfed cav to its end already. Cav is so weak and you are crying about realism. Ruin the game more with your shit.

Come on lol, cav is not weak, cav is OP... Extremely fast and if you are ok at the game you can kill loads of people, especially in linebattles. Everyone has seen it! In linebattles cav always kill way too many people! NERF CAV!! Make cav slower I say!
The Norseman is my name in my name.

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

Offline Bear

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2014, 03:13:22 pm »
As a cavalry player what I notice is, bayonets always outreach me, even in some circumstances with a lance. The reason inf dies to cav is completely the infantries fault. They out reach the cav in many different situations and if they were dumb enough to go in the open alone and get attack by cav its not cavs fault. Learn to counter it.

Offline Chosen1

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Chosen1
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 07:13:29 am »
#bringbackdragoons
9-11 Coaster.

Find out what it's like to spin, glide, skim and fly like a giant airplane when you experience "United Airlines Flight 175"® – the only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world. Riders are taunted by a head-first, face-down inverted crash into the twin towers… and that's just the beginning. Experience the full force and power of riding down the twin towers, all on one of the deadliest tracks in the world.

Offline Miller786

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2015, 01:11:20 am »

Though to be honest the cavalry in game do have ridiculus turning speed/maneuverability but whatever.
this, horses have laughable maneuverability that other than being unrealistic makes cav vs cav fights look like a ridiculous car race with sabres

Offline Turin Turambar

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2015, 12:12:20 pm »
Tbh when we see a blobbed infantry square in a linebattle that's nearly as wonderful as reloading riflemen. We can just go through them and slash into any direction whilst not taking any casualties really. Infantry is much more dangerous for cav when they are in a light formation.
des is apsichtdliche Browokazion etzala ferstest du