Author Topic: Incredibly high ping 400+  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Toohn45(aka Jerry Brown)

• Volunteer
  • I am King Melon Lover
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Incredibly high ping 400+
« on: December 15, 2014, 12:02:02 am »
Normally I will have one of the lower pings in NA. Even on east coast servers (I live on the west coast) I normally only will have about 60-70. The last two days I have been trying to play but I end up with 400-800 ping constantly on every server. If someone could please help I can not play this game with off the charts ping.
I be so swag they call me LL Cool J

Offline Wolfgang

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • GroupFighting Stuff
Re: Incredibly high ping 400+
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 04:33:50 am »
Have you or someone else in your house got anything downloading or uploading in the background? Or is someone streaming anything like Youtube?

If so, you could try have a look at and tweaking the QoS settings on your router.

If you can't see anything on your end that could possibly be affecting it, you could try running a traceroute with a server close to where you live and posting the results.

How to traceroute
Open command prompt. (windows + s then type 'cmd' and right click on command prompt and run as administrator)
In the DOS screen type this:

"tracert [ip/domain] >[output path, file name]" (without quotation marks!)

for example:

"tracert www.google.com >C:\results.txt"

The results will be saved into the text file in the location specified above ^
[close]
"He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice." ~Albert Einstein ~

Offline Josh Faraday

• Colonel
  • Desires Stroh 80.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Arminius
Re: Incredibly high ping 400+
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:36:11 pm »
Have you or someone else in your house got anything downloading or uploading in the background? Or is someone streaming anything like Youtube?

If so, you could try have a look at and tweaking the QoS settings on your router.

If you can't see anything on your end that could possibly be affecting it, you could try running a traceroute with a server close to where you live and posting the results.

How to traceroute
Open command prompt. (windows + s then type 'cmd' and right click on command prompt and run as administrator)
In the DOS screen type this:

"tracert [ip/domain] >[output path, file name]" (without quotation marks!)

for example:

"tracert www.google.com >C:\results.txt"

The results will be saved into the text file in the location specified above ^
[close]
+1
Arminius/Dennis Bergkamp/Tristan Bouvier/J.P. ...

All my life I’ve been fearful of defeat. But now that it has come it’s not near as terrible as I’d expected. The sun still shines, water still tastes good…glory is all well and good but life is enough, nay?