Author Topic: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] STARTS 8/16  (Read 163885 times)

Offline Perez

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: The Last Marlins Fan
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: North American Napoleonic Wars League [Season 5] STARTS 8/16
« Reply #570 on: August 31, 2015, 09:23:18 pm »
Penis?
"War does not determine who is right - only who is left."

Bertrand Russell

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 31, 2015, 09:24:19 pm »
This is funny to read, espically in the middle of class xD.

Offline cheeseypants

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st_Col_Cheeseypants
  • Side: Union
« Reply #572 on: August 31, 2015, 09:25:38 pm »
I am locking the thread until the moderators deal with the spam posters.
Leader of the 71st

Offline Rifleman Nicholas

• Captain
  • Ex-Colonel of the 4th. I run Aftershock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nico
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #573 on: September 01, 2015, 04:48:23 am »
I have stepped down as Colonel of the 4th, my Lt.Col. Jorsonner is the new Leader of the 4th.  Naga is his second in command if you wanna update the contact list.

Thanks guys!

just for the contact lists.
Mostly known for running the 4th. More about me.
Rip my nigga Nico Got hit on tha streets for startin his rap career. The drillaz pulled up wit dey shooters
Nico's playing 4D chess and we're all playing checkers smh

Offline TheRedRedcoat

• First Lieutenant
  • uhh
    • View Profile
  • Nick: u
« Reply #574 on: September 01, 2015, 05:32:48 am »
Community Name: RedRedcoat
Steam Profile (link): https://steamcommunity.com/id/redredcoat
Regiment: 6th (Inniskilling) Dragoons (previously 3eVolt for a loooong time)
Why do you want to be a referee? I've noticed that there seems to be a shortage of referees for the league, and I believe that I'd be a good referee myself. I enjoy helping with organizing and administrating.
Why do you think you would be a good referee? I understand the rules very well. I've participated in almost every season of NWL, and also been in countless linebattles using "NWL" rules. I also have experience in admining and organizing on a small scale. I co-led a regiment with my friend, and ran trainings and events well. I will not be biased, and have been in this community for a long time. Most of you don't know me too well, but I have almost 3 years of experience in this game, and I understand the way this league works. I've also watched seen good referees and bad referees during my time playing in the league, and I have a grasp on how to ref well.
Admin Experience: 7NA Groopfootin, Lemon's 1v1 Tournament, Organized and Admined 3eVolt Commemorative Waterloo event
Did you read all the rules thoroughly? Yes, and experienced them too.
Will you admin fairly and unbiased? Yes, I have no reason to be biased against any regiments in the tournament.

Offline BastogneGarnier

• Sergeant Major
  • Fritz, last of the weebhunters.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 41st_LtCol_Fritz
« Reply #575 on: September 01, 2015, 10:18:58 am »
Wait, the only three people in charge on the NWL are Windflower, Nappy, and Cheesy? Should we vote on this shit as like... a community of competitive players? Or at least a few more... uh... veteran is the best word that comes to mind, of the competitive community on this staff? Like, I don't know Emo and Ap0c?
Maplereg

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #576 on: September 01, 2015, 03:29:59 pm »
Wait, the only three people in charge on the NWL are Windflower, Nappy, and Cheesy? Should we vote on this shit as like... a community of competitive players? Or at least a few more... uh... veteran is the best word that comes to mind, of the competitive community on this staff? Like, I don't know Emo and Ap0c?

My dear boy do you really think this could be left to the masses to decide?  Shit wouldn't get done at all.  The people in charge have the understanding that they have to do maintain this in order to keep it going.  Do I think its alot for them to handle? Eh...I mean some of  these moderators also have their own regiments to run.  Its not easy balancing between both the league and their regiment at times.   Do I agree that someone who is not in charge of a reg should at least be one of the moderators? Yes. I think more than 1 person should be a moderator that is not in charge of a regiment.  Do I think it will happen? Not likely, experience is key here.  The moderators that are here have alot experience reffing 1v1s.  And from the start  these members of the community continue to get shit talked.  These moderators have stepped up in a time where it was not their job to do so.  Cheesy took over when Karth went afk for 2-3 months and Karth may or may not return.  Cheesy picked two people that he felt are the most responsible for the position.  To continue to badger them and to bother them will get this league no where.  Keep calm and play NW and for fucks sake some of you kids need to grow up its a game not life.  

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 01, 2015, 03:56:52 pm »
Spoiler

My dear boy do you really think this could be left to the masses to decide?  Shit wouldn't get done at all.  The people in charge have the understanding that they have to do maintain this in order to keep it going.  Do I think its alot for them to handle? Eh...I mean some of  these moderators also have their own regiments to run.  Its not easy balancing between both the league and their regiment at times.   Do I agree that someone who is not in charge of a reg should at least be one of the moderators? Yes. I think more than 1 person should be a moderator that is not in charge of a regiment.  Do I think it will happen? Not likely, experience is key here.  The moderators that are here have alot experience reffing 1v1s.  And from the start  these members of the community continue to get shit talked.  These moderators have stepped up in a time where it was not their job to do so.  Cheesy took over when Karth went afk for 2-3 months and Karth may or may not return.  Cheesy picked two people that he felt are the most responsible for the position.  To continue to badger them and to bother them will get this league no where.  Keep calm and play NW and for fucks sake some of you kids need to grow up its a game not life.
[close]
Well said my friend :).

Offline BillTheButcher

• First Lieutenant
  • King Of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2015, 03:59:41 pm »
Each regiment leader should have a vote on certain issues...not 3 biased powerhungry assholes. I'm going to miss another season of the NWL because of personal shit some of the 71st  have against me.  A member of 71st even told me that cheeseypants was bad mouthing me on their Teamspeak, saying I'm a fag and im never getting unbanned. Even before all the moderators decided.

The reason they aren't unbanning anyone and taking their precious time on it, is that it makes them feel the have power over others.

If anything someone who does not have a regiment in the league should be running it, so their regiment does not gain an advantage.

Someone who isn't a complete asshole like cheeseypants should take over or start a new league because this shit is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:01:53 pm by BillTheButcher »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2015, 04:18:01 pm »
You don't have to play this game if it causes you so much distress. Besides:
Stop the shit posting, if you aren't involved in the league, do not post here.

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline cheeseypants

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 01, 2015, 04:32:02 pm »
Each regiment leader should have a vote on certain issues...not 3 biased powerhungry assholes. I'm going to miss another season of the NWL because of personal shit some of the 71st  have against me.  A member of 71st even told me that cheeseypants was bad mouthing me on their Teamspeak, saying I'm a fag and im never getting unbanned. Even before all the moderators decided.

The reason they aren't unbanning anyone and taking their precious time on it, is that it makes them feel the have power over others.

If anything someone who does not have a regiment in the league should be running it, so their regiment does not gain an advantage.

Someone who isn't a complete asshole like cheeseypants should take over or start a new league because this shit is ridiculous.

I know mutual respect is an alien concept to you bill.

But if you disrespect me, as you have many times during your unban hearing, you will not get a shred of respect from me.

The mods decided unanimously to keep you banned, and anyone who knows you understands why.
Leader of the 71st

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #581 on: September 01, 2015, 04:35:22 pm »

But if you disrespect me, as you have many times during your unban hearing, you will not get a shred of respect from me.

The mods decided unanimously to keep you banned, and anyone who knows you understands why.

What exactly was it that got Bill banned from NWL in the first place? I'd just like to know in order to avoid saying anything ignorant.

Lawbringer

« Reply #582 on: September 01, 2015, 04:40:15 pm »

What exactly was it that got Bill banned from NWL in the first place? I'd just like to know in order to avoid saying anything ignorant.

Someone gave him the admin pass to the 1erMarins server before last season and told him to perm ban them all during an unofficial scrim.

Offline cheeseypants

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 01, 2015, 04:49:23 pm »
Spoiler

Someone gave him the admin pass to the 1erMarins server before last season and told him to perm ban them all during an unofficial scrim.
[close]

Yeah banning people from their own server, and then at his unban appeal in teamspeak he showed absolutely no respect for any of the staff, as well as giving false answers to better suit his story.
Leader of the 71st

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2015, 04:57:45 pm »
Whoever organises events can do whatever the hell they want with them; you're under no obligation to join. All regiments with the number 3 in their name must have at least 3 artillery rankers for every bayonet, for example. Privately organised things don't have to be fair or justified in the slightest. You don't have to join if it makes you angry.
Like all other aspects of free market economics, if he does a bad job, people won't attend. If he does a good job, people will.

Anyway, simmer down on this thread everyone. Those people who have been requested not to post, please stop doing so.