Author Topic: Mount and Blade Won't launch at all. [Resolved --> Shadowplay = Problem]  (Read 15682 times)

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
  • Side: Neutral
So out of the blue one day Mount and Blade simply doesn't work on my computer in any form ranging from old M&B, warband, NW, to even Fire and Sword. No mount and blade titles work. I launch the game off the launcher and I either get to the TW loading screen where I crash or simply get no response after launching.

I've verified cache, reinstalled, deleted all folders of M&B, reinstalled, and I've even reset my PC (deleting all program files) in an attempt to fix it and there was still nothing. I'm curious as to if there are any other fixes out there for this. Are drivers to blame? Any sensible explanations or fixes? Feedback appreciated since I love this game but can't play it :(
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 04:27:30 pm by William »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Black Watch 1745

• Captain
  • Dieu et mon droit
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Mount and Blade Won't launch at all.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 09:03:06 pm »
Do your other Steam games work okay? It could be a Steam issue, although looking at the steps you have taken then I doubt it. I know that the firewall can be an issue and/or if you have something like McAfee web advisor installed it can interfere with games although not Mount and Blade as far as I am aware. I don't think that would be causing those problems though.
  You could try the fix where you close Steam, delete all folders except the Steamapps folder and the Steam.exe file (be warned, screenshots are usually saved to the userdata one so make sure you are not deleting those), restart steam and will automatically reinstall the files although it will now consider this the first time Steam has been installed on the computer so if you are planning to sell something on the market then be careful. I would not recommend this method unless all hope is lost.
]

Offline Drakanen

• Corporal
  • March Onward To Death And Glory!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Drakanen
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 03:20:52 pm »
Do you happen to have Shadowplay? I had this problem earlier and when I turned Shadowplay off (doesn't matter if the window isn't open, if the switch is on then turn it off) and it fixed it

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 04:27:07 pm »
Do you happen to have Shadowplay? I had this problem earlier and when I turned Shadowplay off (doesn't matter if the window isn't open, if the switch is on then turn it off) and it fixed it
I had never thought of that and it turns out that was the problem, thank you so much! It never once occurred to me that shadowplay was the problem but all my issues have been resolved since then. Thanks once again!!!  :D :D :D
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]