Author Topic: Crusader Kings II  (Read 72370 times)

Offline Craig

• Captain
  • Help help I'm being reported!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Craig
  • Side: Union
Crusader Kings II
« on: November 17, 2012, 02:48:54 pm »

Europe is in turmoil. The lands are fragmented into petty fiefs, the emperor struggles with the Pope, and the Holy Father declares that all those who go to liberate the Holy Land will be freed of their sins. Now is the time for greatness.

Increase your lands and fill your coffers, appoint vassals, battle traitors, introduce laws while interacting with hundreds of nobles, and create the most powerful dynasty of medieval Europe.
A beleaguered king will always have friends to support him. But beware, as your rule and realm may find trouble when a loyal vassal becomes a bitter rival. Stand ready, increase your prestige, and listen to the world whisper your name in awe.
Do you have what it takes to become a Crusader King?

I love this game.

Post screenshots/ videos/stories of the game and what you like about it etc :D

Here's a screenshot I took of a recent game I played with my fellow TRR brethren (and Svensson). I played as Croatia and ended up getting conquered by the byzantines and The Swiss Company mercenaries :(

Spoiler
[close]

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/nwparadox - Join this group if you are looking for people to play with on the Grand Strategy games.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 04:24:36 pm by Craig »
WILLIEM WALLACE KILLED FEFTY MEN

~~ No one gives a fuck about what you admin~~

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Crusader Kings II
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:56:56 pm »
Its so much fun marrying off your family and creating weird situations like when Jupa was King of Scotland and Jesus told him to build a tavern.

Spoiler
[/img]
[close]
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline Omaha

• Sergeant
  • I hate everything
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Omaha
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 04:32:01 pm »
I love this game. I play with a few guys from my regiment.
I like to list all of my positions in my signature to make it look like I am a much higher standing member of the community than everyone else.

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 04:44:33 pm »
Was wondering when we'd get one of these. I love this game so much! ;D
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:05:06 pm by Rogov »

Offline Omaha

• Sergeant
  • I hate everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 05:29:18 pm »
My greatest achievement was forming the Kingdom of Ireland (It's nothing, I know) and hoping to form the British Empire.

Also, anyone recommend any decent mods?
I like to list all of my positions in my signature to make it look like I am a much higher standing member of the community than everyone else.

Offline Craig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 06:28:56 pm »
Yeah I think in my next playthrough I'm going to try and form the kingdom of ireland! In my current SP playthrough I'm playing as Croatia again, doing quite well, managed to keep the Byzantines at bay this time, but now i've got HRE to my left, and Byzantines to my right :( So i'm kind of stuck :P

A good mod I reccomend is the Game of thrones mod, really fun mod.

http://citadel.prophpbb.com/topic1652.html?sid=49ddcf604eaab6ebafa8a4dfdd84aa68

Offline Rogov

• Second Lieutenant
  • Moose are cool.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 19te_Hsr_Ofr_Rogov
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2012, 10:30:13 pm »
Beat me to it! :P

Playing as House Dayne right now, and Dorne's a mess. All of the highlords, myself included, keep revolting and starting factions against the Princess of Dorne, but her son, the Storm King, keeps coming to her rescue. She just revoked Starfall from me... >:(

I also have a Bolton playthrough going on, where all the Starks died off, I made the North elective, ruled it for a few generations, lost it, and now am the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands. :P

My best vanilla game has to be my House von Nordheim campaign, where I went from Dukes of Bavaria to King of Jerusalem, Poland, Hungary, Bohemia, Italy, Germany, and France in that order. And my dynasty is also on the thrones of Denmark and Mauritania (and Portugal). I think I'm in the year 1442 now. Also in that game, the Teutonic Order conquered pagan Sweden, and I then vassalized them so that was pretty cool. :D The Jimenas are Kings of Castille, Aragon, Leon, and England. There's a Russian Orthodox Rurikovich on the throne of Norway and Scotland. Pretty interesting game overall.

Thinking of starting as the Count of Carcassonne next...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 10:38:20 pm by Rogov »

Offline Craig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2012, 11:39:45 pm »
My only playthrough I've done so far is of the Martells, I love the Martells <3 But yeah I only recently learnt how to play properly so I'm going to play again and hopefully try and win this time :P as for SP playthroughs i'd say my best playthrough is my current one as Croatia, yours sounds damn awesome, I hope Croatia will be a super power on my save :P

Offline Harry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2012, 11:44:53 pm »
Probably my least favourite of all the Paradox games but I'm still glad I bought it. Singleplayer is pretty nice at first but bored me quite quickly, multiplayer is where it really shines, kind of like EU3, except this time it is harder for me to be a complete douchebag to my fellow players and have some good old schadenfreude fun  ;D

Offline Craig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2012, 12:01:49 am »
Yeah Multiplayer is funner for sure! I haven't Tried EU3 yet, I'll probably pick it up in the steam christmas sales (if it goes on sale.)

Offline Svensson

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2012, 12:02:24 am »
Simply amazing.

Offline Harry

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 01:06:33 am »
Yeah Multiplayer is funner for sure! I haven't Tried EU3 yet, I'll probably pick it up in the steam christmas sales (if it goes on sale.)

EU3 is definitely worth trying out, particularly if you get it cheap (just make sure to buy the Chronicles pack, NOT the Complete, which ironically isn't what it says). Best to play with other people just like CK2, and it should get you familiar with the EU series in time for EU4 next year which will invariably be tailored a little more towards all those who enjoy CK2.

Offline Craig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2012, 01:10:20 am »

EU3 is definitely worth trying out, particularly if you get it cheap (just make sure to buy the Chronicles pack, NOT the Complete, which ironically isn't what it says). Best to play with other people just like CK2, and it should get you familiar with the EU series in time for EU4 next year which will invariably be tailored a little more towards all those who enjoy CK2.

Thanks for the info man, I will make sure to get the Chronicles pack instead of the complete one :D It covers a larger time period doesn't it? Isn't EU4 going to be set in the Napoleonic era?

Offline Omaha

• Sergeant
  • I hate everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2012, 02:18:38 am »
EU4 will be the same as EU3. Spanning from 1400s - 1800s

Offline Craig

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2012, 02:22:00 am »
EU4 will be the same as EU3. Spanning from 1400s - 1800s

Ah yes! I must have read it somewhere else then!