Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support  (Read 186559 times)

Offline ZeroSkilled

• First Lieutenant
  • Ex-Mapper
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart link!
  • Nick: ZeroSkilled
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2013, 08:27:13 am »
you have to place each team spawns as one group. Maybe you placed somewhere all around the defenders the attacker spawns?

I have indeed but they are far away from where the defenders spawn.

I'll try to edit it to one single place and see the results.
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Mac Aaron

• Donator
  • ex 75e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MacAaron
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 03:07:55 am »
I'm having some issues with entry points (again...).

One one side, I have entry points 0-31, and on the other side, I have entry points 32-63. When testing it, however, it is not rare that you spawn on the side that should be the spawn of the opposite team.

Any tips?

I've got the same problem on my map in conquest mod. On my map, I've got 6 flags but i want that all spawn points of the team 1 gather on the main flag 1 and all the spawn points of team 2 gather on the main flag 2.

Team 1 : 0 - 31 (and 64 = Team 1 flag)
Team 2 : 32 - 63 (65 = Team 2 flag)

Sometimes, people of the faction 2 spawn on the points of the faction 1.

Any ideas ?
Antar, un ange parti trop tôt

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
  • Side: Union
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 03:07:39 pm »

One one side, I have entry points 0-31, and on the other side, I have entry points 32-63. When testing it, however, it is not rare that you spawn on the side that should be the spawn of the opposite team.

Any tips?

I've got the same problem on my map in conquest mod. On my map, I've got 6 flags but i want that all spawn points of the team 1 gather on the main flag 1 and all the spawn points of team 2 gather on the main flag 2.

Any ideas ?
Be sure that the spawns are at the map ends. If there is a neutral flag aka. entry point between headquarter flag and map end it could cause those spawn problems.

Offline Mac Aaron

• Donator
  • ex 75e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MacAaron
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 10:23:27 pm »

Any tips?

Any ideas ?
Be sure that the spawns are at the map ends. If there is a neutral flag aka. entry point between headquarter flag and map end it could cause those spawn problems.

I took Minden in conquest mod and modified it

All the French entry points are in the basecamp and all the Prussia entry points are in the fort.
The goal was if French ppl decided to spawn on the 2nd flag, they automatically spawn on the main base. For prussia, same thing but in the fort.

It worked fine with France and not with Prussia.
Antar, un ange parti trop tôt

Offline Friedrich

• Donator
  • 84e. Est. 2010. Official Non-Regiment Hopper.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Friedrich
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 11:19:59 am »
Spoiler

Any tips?

Any ideas ?
[close]

I took Minden in conquest mod and modified it

Spoiler
[close]

All the French entry points are in the basecamp and all the Prussia entry points are in the fort.
The goal was if French ppl decided to spawn on the 2nd flag, they automatically spawn on the main base. For prussia, same thing but in the fort.

It worked fine with France and not with Prussia.
Maybe some of the prussian entry points are too far at the map end. You know there's usually a buffer zone you can't enter?

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »
I am making a map on the map: Fort Whittington (day).
And I can't find the scene and  the Scene_Obj file, I think it is covered under a different name, does anyone know which scene and scene_obj name has fort_whittington (day)?
Please respond asap.

-Dekkers
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Gokiller

• Almost Pride of Ni
  • Board Moderator
  • Bydand in the chat lads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »
Just filter it on last eddited/updated and you should find it.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2013, 04:06:59 pm »
Just filter it on last eddited/updated and you should find it.

thanks bro
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline HappyBanana

• Donator
  • I like Bananas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: HappyBanana
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 05:07:16 pm »
uhm I've been wondering for a long time about something in the editor. there is next to then scene objects,etnry points etc another option called Pasage. I would like to know what this is and how it works :P anyone knows ?

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 08:13:04 pm »
uhm I've been wondering for a long time about something in the editor. there is next to then scene objects,etnry points etc another option called Pasage. I would like to know what this is and how it works :P anyone knows ?

Its just a guess that might help you, but in some modules, you can go to a door and hold ''F'' on it and you will get TP'd to a different place in the map (Used for the out/inside of castle's for example, used allot in PW), and I think it has something to do with that, but there is a chance its completely wrong :p

-Dekkers

Offline Comrade Temuzu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 08:48:13 pm »
Have you people even played Native? Jesus.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 08:52:38 pm »
Honestly NW has a huge about of players who bought warband to play the DLC. It's not a surprise that most haven't.

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 09:17:49 pm »

Why always so negative?... People here are ''trying'' to help each other, somethimes they are wrong but there is no reason to putt stupid comments like that then, wright?

Offline Comrade Temuzu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 11:37:54 pm »
It's not stupidity on my part if you people have not played Native, or hell, singleplayer for that matter.

Offline HappyBanana

• Donator
  • I like Bananas
    • View Profile
  • Nick: HappyBanana
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 11:46:04 pm »

Its just a guess that might help you, but in some modules, you can go to a door and hold ''F'' on it and you will get TP'd to a different place in the map (Used for the out/inside of castle's for example, used allot in PW), and I think it has something to do with that, but there is a chance its completely wrong :p

-Dekkers

yes yes.. :) I figured that. but I would like to know how it works, havent figured that out yet. :P

Woaw... uhm yes I have 1352 hours on record of warband wich alot of them in singleplayer and native Multiplayer, I am just a little new to the scening and stuff, why so negative? jesus...
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:30:04 pm by HappyBanana »