Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support  (Read 187019 times)

Offline Grozni

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: RRA_10thRH_SoH_Grozni
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Napoleonic Wars: Mapping Support
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2017, 03:15:19 pm »
So i've created a map only to realise that i cannot play artillery on it. Is there any way to enable artillery on a map (the map i overwrote was Arabian Village (Morning)).

I've already disabled class limits and made sure mm_spawn_restrictions weren't present in the map and added mm_spawn_with_cannon

It is still not working and I'm really not looking forward to re-create the entire map. Any help would be appreciated :p

Make sure you're not trying it out in scene edit mode, cannons and many other stuff work only in standard game types.
Is unit selection grayed out or you just don't spawn with cannon?
Which value is under var1 for mm_spawn_with_cannon prop?

Offline Fishy

• Private
  • Fish 2 gud
    • View Profile
  • Nick: -4thRFA-Lt*Fishy
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2017, 09:21:04 pm »
So i've created a map only to realise that i cannot play artillery on it. Is there any way to enable artillery on a map (the map i overwrote was Arabian Village (Morning)).

I've already disabled class limits and made sure mm_spawn_restrictions weren't present in the map and added mm_spawn_with_cannon

It is still not working and I'm really not looking forward to re-create the entire map. Any help would be appreciated :p

Make sure you're not trying it out in scene edit mode, cannons and many other stuff work only in standard game types.
Is unit selection grayed out or you just don't spawn with cannon?
Which value is under var1 for mm_spawn_with_cannon prop?

Well, the problem was me trying it out in scene editor :p Everything else was set up correctly. Thanks for the reply love
The almighty guard leader of the 4thRFA

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
  • Nick: 47th_Cpt_Zebaad_Peritz
  • Side: Union
« Reply #302 on: January 24, 2018, 02:48:15 pm »

Introducing Bastion Maps'
Video Tutorials on Scene Making

What does this mean?

Hello Community!

We are Bastion Maps, and have worked hard to bring you a series of Tutorials on how to create new scenes or maps. Please use these resources well to improve the quality of maps in the community as well as bringing new blood to the map making table. We hope that these tutorials will make it easier to solve problems that you have when creating new scenes- happy creating :)

Click here for tutorials

Offline Soda_Lover

• Private
  • Landwehr = bestwehr
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Nick: PotatoInMyAnus
« Reply #303 on: February 12, 2018, 04:32:06 am »
Any tips for making a cave ( that you can walk in made of smaller rocks) on a mountain, or just a mountain in general?

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2018, 12:35:46 pm »
Any tips for making a cave ( that you can walk in made of smaller rocks) on a mountain, or just a mountain in general?
Sure, make a rough shape of what the cave looks like from outside- cave entrance (increase terrain height to make it look like a clifface or hill adding textures as you go. Next use the prop mm_oim_debris or something similar as the ceiling- you can cover this up shortly with rocks it's just so players can't see the sky. Make sure you place this prop so it intersects the terrain at  the entrance. Next decide how big you want the cave inside- raise the terrain so it's just above the mm_oim_debris and retexture it. Now comes the slightly more artistic part- you need to place rocks so that players won't notice the fact the roof is flat. Lastly add details such as plants and skeletons.

Here are a couple of examples from past maps I made- all I can find on my phone I'm afraid ;p
Old Jailbreak map
[close]

Old Siege map
[close]

I do apologies at the quality of the photos but you get the jist ;p

Also note that you should not increase the height of the terrain too much or risk the textures being very stretched (guilty as charged as seen in burgos- it was a long time ago sorry D: )

Offline Light

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 22, 2018, 06:39:57 am »
Hello everyone I'm working on a Training map and got couple of questions. I searched the forums thoroughly and could not find any answer.

1. Is there any prop that is not transparent but you can walk-through? It is required to hide my vertical trap.
2. Is there fire damage? If yes which prop or value has it?
3. If not what other ways to damage the player progressively other than water drown damage?
4.How can I reduce the completion of door_teleport prop time? It takes quite a lot of time to use it.
5. I've found some props called Custom_button_1_second (there are variants and instant one) How can I use it?

Thanks for all the answers.

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2018, 06:59:35 am »
Hello everyone I'm working on a Training map and got couple of questions. I searched the forums thoroughly and could not find any answer.

1. Is there any prop that is not transparent but you can walk-through? It is required to hide my vertical trap.
2. Is there fire damage? If yes which prop or value has it?
3. If not what other ways to damage the player progressively other than water drown damage?
4.How can I reduce the completion of door_teleport prop time? It takes quite a lot of time to use it.
5. I've found some props called Custom_button_1_second (there are variants and instant one) How can I use it?

Thanks for all the answers.

1. For props that have no collision, try going to the Items, not Scene Props Menu, try enlarging those or stretching them. Also there are props that have no collision, but you have to test them

Offline Light

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 22, 2018, 08:03:14 pm »
1. For props that have no collision, try going to the Items, not Scene Props Menu, try enlarging those or stretching them. Also there are props that have no collision, but you have to test them

I didn't know Item Kinds could be used to collisionless tasks. Thank you.

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2018, 10:42:25 am »
Commonly things such as carpets, hay/ straw and plants are used to hide traps or areas. As mentioned though you could use item kinds and stretch them, however depending on what you use, the textures will likely look stretched which doesn't look great tbh. Personally I stick with the above, and sometimes I make use of building props by having a stair inside a normally non enterable building taking you through the door of a building from inside- it acts as a one way wall, and can only be used in specific instances

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
« Reply #309 on: July 13, 2018, 10:41:12 pm »
Is there any way to make windows unbreakable? I have some on my training map that everyone insists on shooting at the start of dismissals and it looks ugly  ;D

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #310 on: July 13, 2018, 10:53:05 pm »
Is there any way to make windows unbreakable? I have some on my training map that everyone insists on shooting at the start of dismissals and it looks ugly  ;D
#
not to make the windows unbreakable no, but to place a wall in-front to stop damage by projectiles yes (not 100% this works with musket shots but worth a try)
mm_barrier_no_col_16m
As I said, this definitely works with cannon shots, but I've not yet tested it with musket shots

If all else fails, get server scripting to remove spawning the degraded versions of windows

Offline Eazy-E

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: E
« Reply #311 on: July 13, 2018, 11:33:33 pm »
Thanks Zebaad I'll give it a go. I've been using your tutorial videos on Bastion Maps and they've been really helpful too, I appreciate it

Offline Futui_tuto

• Sergeant
  • S&M Senior developer & Level design lead
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y_Maj_Futui
« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2018, 12:27:50 pm »
How is working Royal spawn? What I need to change in Var 1 and 2? Maybe any links you have?

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2018, 12:29:21 pm »
How is working Royal spawn? What I need to change in Var 1 and 2? Maybe any links you have?
What do you mean by working royale spawn? How items spawn with the royale props, or how players spawn?

Offline Zebaad

• First Lieutenant
  • alea iacta est
    • View Profile
    • Bastion Maps
« Reply #314 on: August 01, 2018, 12:36:43 pm »
If you do mean how royale props work, here is what Vince said in the public announcement about them:

("royale_ammo_spawn",0,"cartridge_box_mesh","0", []),
# Var 1; Ammo type: 0:random 1:Musket 2:Pistol
# Var 2: Spawn chance: 0:Always 1-100% of chance

("royale_horse_spawn",0,"austrian_hussard_horse","0", []),
# Var 1; Horse type: 0:random 1:Light 2:Middle 3:Heavy 4:Artycarry

("royale_cannon_spawn_field",0,"cannon_12pdr","0", []),
# Var 1; Cannon type: 0:random 1:12pdr 2:howitzer 3:mortar 4:rocket

("royale_cannon_spawn_fort",0,"cannon_fort","0", []),
# Var 1; Cannon type: nothing

("royale_cannon_spawn_naval",0,"cannon_naval","0", []),
# Var 1; Cannon type: 0:random 1:naval 2:carronade

("royale_cannon_spawn_swievel",0,"cannon_swievel","0", []),
# Var 1; Cannon type: nothing

As for players, there is no royale gamemode in the currently version of the game, so unless you've got a custom mod on your server, there is no specific entry points.