Author Topic: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive  (Read 723802 times)

Lurvy

Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
« Reply #5490 on: January 20, 2018, 08:57:18 pm »
When people don't watch the video and Thorin goes back in time with facts about how favorites hardly ever win.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
  • Ex 77y Pfc, 93rd Private and 18e Grenadier
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5491 on: January 20, 2018, 08:58:16 pm »
Yes because Thorin is always right. Favourites don’t always win the major but there have been many times when they have.

And if SKs best lineup was with felps why did they drop him? They won five titles sure but they also shit the bed after those titles I’m arguably their greatest dip in form since they won their first major.

Felps asked to be dropped, it was his own decision as he apparently didn't feel comfortable within SK anymore.

Source?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: January 20, 2018, 09:13:53 pm »
https://www.dexerto.com/news/fallen-reveals-felps-couldnt-stay-sk-gaming-csgo-team/37609
Fair play but that doesn’t change the fact that they were on a downward spiral when he left

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #5494 on: January 20, 2018, 09:22:41 pm »
Obviously not, the only point we're making is that SK remains a dangerous team even with Felps, probably close to as dangerous as they used to be when they won some of these titles. Now saying they're going to win the major, I dunno, they remain favorites but maybe it might be the small factor that loose them big games later in the playoffs.

Edit : They're playing Mousesport on Mirage right now, certainly as good as a test as SpaceSoldiers was.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: January 20, 2018, 09:27:36 pm »
The point that lurvy made was that this was their best lineup

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: January 20, 2018, 09:29:14 pm »
According to their results it was. Which SK or LG line-up had more success then this one, in term of results? There is no doubt they had their flaws aswell, I'm not denying that and I don't think Lurvy would either.

I also think the current Line-up with Boltz as the potential to be more successful than they were with Felps but its only a matter of time.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:30:56 pm by Tardet »

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: January 20, 2018, 09:51:14 pm »
According to their results it was. Which SK or LG line-up had more success then this one, in term of results? There is no doubt they had their flaws aswell, I'm not denying that and I don't think Lurvy would either.

I also think the current Line-up with Boltz as the potential to be more successful than they were with Felps but its only a matter of time.
Exactly. SK with Felps is not a better team than SK with Boltz but of course they're gonna have better results since they had more time together. Results don't make a team the best lineup in terms of quality. It does it terms of success but as far as the best lineup felps is not it.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: January 20, 2018, 09:59:03 pm »
Results don't make a team the best lineup in terms of quality.

I'm really curious to know what would be your main criteria(s) to judge of a team quality, if not results.

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: January 20, 2018, 10:28:07 pm »
Results don't make a team the best lineup in terms of quality.

I'm really curious to know what would be your main criteria(s) to judge of a team quality, if not results.
I probably could have phrased that better but I don't mean form, I mean actual players and the peak of the team. So for example SK may have won 5 consecutive tournaments with Felps but that also was followed by their low period which demonstrated that he didn't fit the team. On the other hand, even if they haven't won as many tournaments yet, the cohesion of SK with Boltz demonstrates a lot more potential and quality than they had with Felps, if you get what I mean.

Lurvy

« Reply #5500 on: January 20, 2018, 11:08:55 pm »
They SK line up with Boltz has the potential to be their best line up, but it is far from that as of right now. It's only been like... 2 months?

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: January 20, 2018, 11:11:15 pm »
They SK line up with Boltz has the potential to be their best line up, but it is far from that as of right now. It's only been like... 2 months?
Far from that? They have won 3 tournaments already and are arguably the best team in the world.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5502 on: January 21, 2018, 12:09:41 am »
Far from that? They have won 3 tournaments already and are arguably the best team in the world.
It's been two months, they won three tournaments and are best team in the world but again that doesn't make it their best lineup
yet

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Toffee

• King in the North
  • Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: January 21, 2018, 12:45:11 am »
Best potential even now. I mean Felps won all of his tournaments with SK in a period of less than 3 months.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #5504 on: January 21, 2018, 12:53:46 am »
Best potential, yes

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)