Author Topic: Which nations are the worst at fighting wars?  (Read 93469 times)

Offline LX_GDuke AugustR

• Corporal
  • Grand Duke of Luxembourg, I mean Edge
    • View Profile
    • Luxembourgs Foward forums
  • Nick: [3rdHB][LX]GDuke_AugustR
  • Side: Union
Re: Which nations are the worst at fighting wars?
« Reply #315 on: November 19, 2017, 11:32:39 am »
Poland. Basically in the midst of all the countries

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #316 on: November 19, 2017, 12:05:57 pm »
are you actually from luxemburg?
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2017, 11:12:30 pm »
Guys it's clearly the Netherlands. They got constantly stepped on by other european nations, sometimes they didn't even know it until their face was looking at a bayonet ;)

Duuring is gonna kill me
The first modder for NW.

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #318 on: December 11, 2017, 03:05:47 am »
This thread is literal cancer.
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Pinoy12

• Major
  • Good Cunt.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 11, 2017, 03:27:12 am »
the blacks
FUCK SLUTS EAT GUTS

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
« Reply #320 on: December 11, 2017, 08:10:11 am »
Finland Switzerland Netherland and Malta

Offline Johny_Nawalony

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #321 on: January 17, 2018, 11:53:52 pm »
Before the partitions Poland was not to be fucked with
I can do paid skin comissions so yeah msg if ya want one

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2018, 07:17:40 pm »
Guys it's clearly the Netherlands. They got constantly stepped on by other european nations, sometimes they didn't even know it until their face was looking at a bayonet ;)

Duuring is gonna kill me

Still not as shit as Italy... Consdering what the Netherlands were facing we did alright... Well except WWII, the invasion of Germany into the NL that must be one of the most hilarious military strategic blunders in our country's history
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2018, 07:39:10 pm »

Duuring is gonna kill me

Still not as shit as Italy... Consdering what the Netherlands were facing we did alright... Well except WWII, the invasion of Germany into the NL that must be one of the most hilarious military strategic blunders in our country's history
When Belgium succeeds in defending their country from a massive German Empire in WW1 but Nethlerlands completely fails the next time around

feelsbad

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2018, 07:58:07 pm »

Duuring is gonna kill me

When Belgium succeeds in defending their country from a massive German Empire in WW1 but Nethlerlands completely fails the next time around

feelsbad

Can't compare the two at all lol

Stop triggering me as a proud Dutchman
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2018, 08:00:42 pm »
Spoiler

Duuring is gonna kill me

feelsbad

[close]
What are you gonna do? Kickbox me?

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Dekkers

• Colonel
  • Left hand's fast but the right hand's sturdy
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2018, 09:43:00 pm »
Spoiler

Duuring is gonna kill me

feelsbad

[close]
What are you gonna do? Kickbox me?
'

Admin help
Dekkers has become the community's designated old man with alzheimers who sits in the corner reminiscing about simpler times, happier times... "The spins" he wails "do you remember the SPINS!!!"

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2018, 10:26:26 pm »

Duuring is gonna kill me

feelsbad

What Dekkers said, Belgium in WWI was actually in a position to do something... Plus, the BEF came to help. The Dutch in WWI were doomed from the beginning.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 19, 2018, 11:21:10 am »
Funnily enough the government and the Army Command both had decided they should join the war by 1917, they just disagreed on which side to join and when they finally solved that conflict the war was almost over anyway.

The Dutch army in '40 did okay considering the Germans expected victory in a single day and it took them 5. Especially the air force and anti-air troops, who gave the German Air Force and Airlanding troops a significant blow that effected its strenght for the Battle of Britain. The Grebbeberg battle was one big mess, sure, but I wouldn't call the entire invasion one big militairy blunder. Belgium held out longer partly because they actually received significant Allied support which the Netherlands never received, partly because they weren't terror-bombed into a surrender.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2018, 12:45:01 pm »
Funnily enough the government and the Army Command both had decided they should join the war by 1917, they just disagreed on which side to join and when they finally solved that conflict the war was almost over anyway.

The Dutch army in '40 did okay considering the Germans expected victory in a single day and it took them 5. Especially the air force and anti-air troops, who gave the German Air Force and Airlanding troops a significant blow that effected its strenght for the Battle of Britain. The Grebbeberg battle was one big mess, sure, but I wouldn't call the entire invasion one big militairy blunder. Belgium held out longer partly because they actually received significant Allied support which the Netherlands never received, partly because they weren't terror-bombed into a surrender.

The mobilization was chaotic from the start. Communications was a mess. The air force was successful in mostly one single battle considering most of the planes were either grounded or destroyed. The successes they booked were uncoordinated actions. The biggest victory was basically a rebellious act after the entire airforce was grounded.
The army was hopeless, except for, again, barely centrally controlled resistance at the Afsluitdijk.