Author Topic: Did Anyone Else Get This Message?  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Gunmen

• Second Lieutenant
  • I Be That Man On The Moon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Evan
  • Side: Neutral
Did Anyone Else Get This Message?
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:59:41 pm »
I woke up to see this message in my inbox of the forums.

"Pls, my sincere apology if this message don't meet your personal ethics, I have to contact you via this medium cos I desperately need to get in touch with someone as you cos someone I presumed to be your relative because of the similarities in your last names who was an investor with our bank but died in a plane crash in Venezuela 16/8/2005 has just come to the limelight in our bank because since 2005 that he died his portfolio and investment worth 9.8 millions Pounds has not touch because no name next-of-kin was found in his bio-data form, now, this investment has generated an accrued interest to the amount of 1.9 Million British Pounds because he was operating a domiciliary pounds account. The bank management has therefore authorized me as the Associate Professor of Accounting and Finance of our Bank to locate any living relative of this investor so that the funds can be paid to the family of the late investor in line with the banking ethics & policies. I came to you because you share the same surname with the investor, I will simply nominate & empowered you with all the relevant information (s) and documentations to enable you claim the money. If I don't do this and inform the bank I cannot locate any relative of the investor the funds will be revert / re-circle into the bank treasury as unclaimed monies and people that know nothing about the source of the funds will spend it that is the irony of the banking industry which is purely aberrational. Contact me immediately you received this email with your most direct telephone line using my private email address stated below (Henrioyim@gmail.com) so that I can call and / or furnish you with all the details. Remember however that we are sharing the money equally as I will make the atmosphere suitable and conducive for you to successful claim the money hitch & risk-free as beneficiary.
Yours Sincerely,
Henri-Claude Oyima"

Please tell me I'm not the only one. xD

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Did Anyone Else Get This Message?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 08:37:29 pm »
I have not received any PM nor especially that PM above.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 12:36:39 am »
Nope

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 02:55:27 am »
Yeah the Bloody Bayonet Gamin account I help run on FSE received the same exact message. Weird message.
click here to join the 84th

Nock

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 02:57:49 am »
I have not received any PM nor especially that PM above.

Offline Gunmen

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 03:58:55 am »
Yeah the Bloody Bayonet Gamin account I help run on FSE received the same exact message. Weird message.
Yeah I can't even really understand what he's trying to say.

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 04:20:32 am »
Could you link me to his profile?

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 02:52:45 pm »

"Pls, my sincere apology if this message don't meet your personal ethics, I have to contact you via this medium cos I desperately need to get in touch with someone as you cos someone I presumed to be your relative because of the similarities in your last names who was an investor with our bank but died in a plane crash in Venezuela 16/8/2005 has just come to the limelight in our bank because since 2005 that he died his portfolio and investment worth 9.8 millions Pounds has not touch because no name next-of-kin was found in his bio-data form, now, this investment has generated an accrued interest to the amount of 1.9 Million British Pounds because he was operating a domiciliary pounds account. The bank management has therefore authorized me as the Associate Professor of Accounting and Finance of our Bank to locate any living relative of this investor so that the funds can be paid to the family of the late investor in line with the banking ethics & policies. I came to you because you share the same surname with the investor, I will simply nominate & empowered you with all the relevant information (s) and documentations to enable you claim the money. If I don't do this and inform the bank I cannot locate any relative of the investor the funds will be revert / re-circle into the bank treasury as unclaimed monies and people that know nothing about the source of the funds will spend it that is the irony of the banking industry which is purely aberrational. Contact me immediately you received this email with your most direct telephone line using my private email address stated below (Henrioyim@gmail.com) so that I can call and / or furnish you with all the details. Remember however that we are sharing the money equally as I will make the atmosphere suitable and conducive for you to successful claim the money hitch & risk-free as beneficiary.
Yours Sincerely,
Henri-Claude Oyima"

Old Nigerian Prince scam thats been going on since the 1990's. You give them a bank account and they empty it. Plane crash in Venezuela was an interesting touch though.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2016, 02:54:14 pm »

Yours Sincerely,
Henri-Claude Oyima"

Old Nigerian Prince scam thats been going on since the 1990's. You give them a bank account and they empty it. Plane crash in Venezuela was an interesting touch though.

So Abdul isn't real..? No wonder I am poor.
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Combatworthywombat

• Private
  • Real men fight with their hips, not their fists
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 07:32:41 pm »
Yeah i got this message - scam3legit5me
the guys account was called "Henrio" but the account has blocked all PMs

Offline Gunmen

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 07:34:37 pm »
So Is he trying to like scam you of money or something?

Offline ~Midnight~

• Major General
  • bring back historical names
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik | 18e
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 08:13:04 pm »
yes

Offline Eternal

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 08:21:37 pm »
Wow, you're so lucky to have such a rich and distant relative that you've never heard about! Shame he had to go in such cruel way.

Offline Sir-Legion

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 33rd_ExpertVet / 4e_Cvl_SirLegion
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2016, 08:22:45 pm »
Send me 5K to my paypal and it will be over.
non negotiable
“He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat.”
Napoleon Bonaparte

Offline MackCW

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 02:05:07 pm »

The way this simply shitty con works is that they tell you they need a verified US bank account to hold the money (supposedly about to be siezed) and they will deposit it for a month or so and give you a percentage.

The way it really works is they drain the shit out of your bank account as soon as you give them access. Computer programs send out this bot messages in the millions and as long as they get 1-2 responses (which they do)... it's worth it to them.