Author Topic: Call of Duty: WWII  (Read 4474 times)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Call of Duty: WWII
« on: April 30, 2017, 03:32:04 pm »

Looks quiet cool even though there's no german part and that the name sux  ::)
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
Re: Call of Duty: WWII
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 03:41:49 pm »
could have decided upon a better campaign; we've already had a game on the 1st infantry division and there are a wealth of second world war scenarios still waiting to be experienced. looking forward to it nonetheless, have not enjoyed a cod in a long time, cannot be worse than bf1 anyway.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 03:55:07 pm »
Yeah I don't get why we have to do normandy over and over and over again. Why not play some British troops, or FRENCH... You know early war stuff...
Fighting in Italy, sicily etc would be fun too... But we have to see stupid Normandy with the US again. So boring.

Nock

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 04:17:53 pm »
I agree, playing the US over and over is really boring and it triggers me, as a proud baguette eater. Tbh, I'd love to play as a french dude cos, cmon, France was important and we had people fighting against the germans, or maybe we could play as a russian dude like old school CoD

but ey, nevermind, it's ok if US companies continue to shit on us, Europeans. it's alright if french troops are in a DLC of a WWII game and not even in the main game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

im triggered since bf1
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 04:19:40 pm by Nock »

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 04:23:11 pm »
Well fact is, that it sells a lot better if the US is in the game, and if the US is not the enemy.
Look at Master and Commander... They made US to France because they knew that people in the US won't watch it otherwise.

And then BF1, added US into the game before France, because of the US audience. Even though the US played a lesser role than any other Nation during the war. BF1 is crap anyway, not really historically accurate in any way, but its still retarded.

And yeah sure, France didn't play any real major role during the WW2, but come on, give us something else. We always play as US or Soviets, give us French or British as playable factions. Or... god forbid... A campaign as Germans.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2017, 05:48:02 pm »
Well, in my opinion it's still interesting to play germans. Especially the first years (invading Benelux, France, Scandinavia etc and at last Operation Barbarossa) there are plenty of really cool scenario to go through.

But that will never happen because the americans only buy things where the americans are the main characters 'cause of the hardcore patriotism in America  ::) :-\
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:51:35 pm by Dokletian »
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 06:13:27 pm »
Yeah I don't get why we have to do normandy over and over and over again. Why not play some British troops, or FRENCH... You know early war stuff...
Fighting in Italy, sicily etc would be fun too... But we have to see stupid Normandy with the US again. So boring.
YEAH LETS PUT CANADA IN THE GAME FOR ONCE

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2017, 08:02:14 pm »
Doing something else than showing the US in Normandy would require innovation and originality, two things completely unknown to Activision. Honestly, I'd be fine with it being Americans again if they at least showed something else than fucking Normandy. How about the Battle of the Bulge? We haven't seen that AT ALL in any game since CoD 1: United Offensive.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2017, 08:27:36 pm »
Doing something else than showing the US in Normandy would require innovation and originality, two things completely unknown to Activision. Honestly, I'd be fine with it being Americans again if they at least showed something else than fucking Normandy. How about the Battle of the Bulge? We haven't seen that AT ALL in any game since CoD 1: United Offensive.

Sitting around getting shelled to death isn't that exciting a game scenario. Give us Market Garden pl0x
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Frittentime

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Frittentime
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2017, 08:57:32 pm »
I agree, playing the US over and over is really boring and it triggers me, as a proud baguette eater. Tbh, I'd love to play as a french dude cos, cmon, France was important and we had people fighting against the germans, or maybe we could play as a russian dude like old school CoD

but ey, nevermind, it's ok if US companies continue to shit on us, Europeans. it's alright if french troops are in a DLC of a WWII game and not even in the main game ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

im triggered since bf1
baguettes were important for 1 week  8)

Offline Jelly

• Colonel
  • Formerly of 1stKDG, 60th, 1erChas, K-KA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2017, 09:10:09 pm »

Sitting around getting shelled to death isn't that exciting a game scenario. Give us Market Garden pl0x
if they pulled that off with the arnhem knights track from medal of honour i think i'd cry

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2017, 09:22:47 pm »
Give us Market Garden pl0x

Try Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. You won't regret it, great game.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2017, 10:41:47 pm »
Give us Market Garden pl0x

Try Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. You won't regret it, great game.

I know, that's why I suggested MG  ;D
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 04:11:06 am »
Let us play as the Germans after Blitzkrieg and enjoy all the French women throwing themselves at us

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2017, 04:33:52 pm »
YEAH LETS PUT CANADA IN THE GAME FOR ONCE

I said british, right? Basically the same thing!

CoD1 UO had a pretty nice campaign. There was a lot of different stuff you could do and you did have missions outside of france/russia. The Multiplayer was also much better, I still do not understand why they removed half of the gameplay elements with CoD2
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 04:36:04 pm by Olafson »