Author Topic: For Honor  (Read 4756 times)

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
For Honor
« on: February 12, 2017, 11:51:11 pm »

I couldn't find any thread for this so far when I was looking. What's your opinion on the game coming across from Warband and how'd you like it?

I also made a quick video and plan to maybe do some more here;

Video
[close]
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Price

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: For Honor
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:56:25 pm »
thats the shittest yt intro ive ever seen

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:58:31 pm »
The game has potential but right now it's pretty meh.
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 12:14:02 am »
Beta left me unimpressed. It's fun, but not full price AAA worth fun.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 05:37:35 am »
Looks like its tons of fun.

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

AeroNinja

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:28:06 am »
#SamuraiMasterrace

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 10:21:29 am »
Could be better, unimpressed
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 11:04:38 am »
The game has potential but right now it's pretty meh.
I like the duel game mode and brawl but not dominion.

thats the shittest yt intro ive ever seen
thanks!

Beta left me unimpressed. It's fun, but not full price AAA worth fun.
I'm still undecided at this point about whether to buy or not.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

AeroNinja

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 11:12:50 am »
I ain't buying it. Maybe when there is a big discount on it. If the singleplayer is well made then maybe I will buy it earlier.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 12:27:12 pm »
I played this beta and the last one, and I honestly enjoyed myself.

However

It is definitely not worth 60 bucks.

The game itself is fun. If all you are looking for is a fun game, you can probably get your kick out of For Honor. However, the game is equally frustrating as it is fun. There are alot of balance issues, cheesey mechanics, and a suprising lack of depth.

Balance Issues - Basically, 3 of the 12 classes (1/4) were undebateably unbalanced. Unsurprisingly, 2 of the most popular (Peacekeeper/Orochi) fell in this category, and you fought against one basically every single game almost. Some of the mechanics that made them overpowered were not that bad as they were counterable, but still gave them more options than other classes, such as the Orochi's backdash into a heavy strike/sidestep slash, Peacekeepers incredibly punishing grapple/sidestep poke, and Warlords auto-parry with even more hitstun than a normal parry/headbutt. However...On top of that, the Orochi and the Peacekeeper had a deflect/counter move that did heavy damage and was unavoidable/unblockable, and the only thing they had to do was dodge in the direction of an incoming attack. Don't even get me started on the Warlord's hyper-armor either.

Cheesey Mechanics - Besides the standard environmental insta-kills, there was some cheesey shit in the game. Besides some of the moves listed above, there was the Warden's sweeping attack (Light Attack + Heavy Attack) that did more damage than a light attack, was just as fast, and also feinted the red triangles abit. Some of the biggest cheese of all though was how punishing the game felt to those who attacked first. Once you got into the higher level matches where everyone can parry basically every hit you can do, it was not uncommon to face opponents who would do nothing but wait for you to attack, parry the attack, then guardbreak + heavy attack combo you. The only counterplay is to bait out the parry with a feint, but he can also just as easily cancel his attack and go for another parry.

Lack of Depth - For all the moves you can do in the game, there was a surprising lack of depth. All the moves in the game are surprisingly easy to learn, and their usage is for the most part incredibly straight forward. The height of skill in the game is when you have mastered parrying and feinting, and can parry basically every hit and feint to bait out parries. That is really it, and people achieved that during the beta. After that, it is just a complex game of Rock Paper Scissors.

Normally I could write off these flaws as "oh its just a beta", however not only is it just a few days before release so this is most likely a 99.99% complete version of the game, alot of these flaws have actually been around for months. They even supposedly "nerfed" the Orochi, Peacekeeper, and Warlord before this beta, yet they are still OP. They also plan to add 3 classes back into the game that nobody has seen or tested since November of last year, so that will be a joy to watch.

For all its flaws though, it is still a fun game. It has incredibly satisfying gameplay (when it is not frustrating the crap out of you) and good animations/graphics to supplement that. I have not had a chance to look at the Singleplayer, and I feel as if it is only going to be a minor focus in the game, but I do like the concept of the story and the cinematics look great. However, despite all of that, I do not feel like it is enough to justify a $60 price tag. If it was however a $30-$40 price tag, I would have a much harder time not picking it up.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 12:34:04 pm by AP0CALYPS3 »

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 10:33:17 pm »
Yup, that sums it up perfectly. I definitely felt it was fun to play, it just didn't convince that it was worth the €50/$60 price tag. It also had some technical issues which kinda should have been fixed only days before launch.
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 10:48:43 pm »
Great summary!

As someone with 2200 M&B Hours, For Honor is a piece of cake. It just doesn't justify that price though. Ubisoft has some real problems with their games as well in terms of what actually ships to the customer.
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Online Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2017, 11:02:57 pm »
What Ap0c said is all true, I decided to go ahead and buy it anyway since I had £20 on Steam from selling items I felt like I was robbing myself a little less and even though I can agree with the flaws the game had in beta I still had a lot of fun playing it and could see it being something like my new 'Fifa game' that if I have 20-30 minutes spare I will sink some time into.

Offline AP0CALYPS3

• Colonel
  • Luck is for Risk because he is bad at SMITE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Memefried
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2017, 01:29:51 pm »
I found a deal and I can basically get it for $48

I think that's pretty fair and if more of my friends get it, I will pick it up.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 02:48:18 pm »
Broken P2P, often crashes, ..eww.

The thing pissing me off the most is the micro transactions in it, like wtf Ubisoft? Fucking worse than EA. F2P game which costs €60  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You could argue that everything in the game is purchasable for ingame currency which you can obtain from completing matches, but dude, you get 10s - 100 for one match and the price of the cosmetics and PREMIUM, lmao, is just astronomic.

Dirty business tactic, greedy Ubisoft, go fuck yourself fucking french fucks.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.