Author Topic: Battlefield 1  (Read 25965 times)

Offline Ryner

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Battlefield 1
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2016, 10:44:19 pm »
I personally hope we're playing as a normal grunt as opposed to one of those Stormtrooper-esq soldiers with the maces. I'm sick of playing as a super soldier in here games.
Stormtroopers are WW1 soldiers tho - and trench clubs were things :D

I acknowledge that Stormtroopers were a thing but they were more shock infantry, I'd prefer a story revolving around a no name grunt just trying to survive.
If you want story - go play Valiant Hearts, if you want realism - go play Verdun. I'm not sure how playing a no-name grunt would be interesting, and on top of that this is BF.

Are you kidding? Charging across no mans land avoiding shells, machine gun fire, etc... That would be fucking insane!  Being a normal guy has it's merits in story telling, for one thing it makes the character far more relatable. There are a host of things they could do with a story revolving around a traditional infantry man, pilot, or tanker.

Offline OttoFIN

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2016, 10:45:09 pm »
lol i still bet its gonna suck lelelelel

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2016, 10:46:44 pm »
I personally hope we're playing as a normal grunt as opposed to one of those Stormtrooper-esq soldiers with the maces. I'm sick of playing as a super soldier in here games.

I acknowledge that Stormtroopers were a thing but they were more shock infantry, I'd prefer a story revolving around a no name grunt just trying to survive.
If you want story - go play Valiant Hearts, if you want realism - go play Verdun. I'm not sure how playing a no-name grunt would be interesting, and on top of that this is BF.

Are you kidding? Charging across no mans land avoiding shells, machine gun fire, etc... That would be fucking insane!  Being a normal guy has it's merits in story telling, for one thing it makes the character far more relatable. There are a host of things they could do with a story revolving around a traditional infantry man, pilot, or tanker.
I'm just giving my view, the grunt gameplay to me would seem slightly stale.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 10:52:48 pm »

I'd have to agree with Ryner, the grunt gameplay would be amazing. Imagine getting an order to charge and bomb shells are exploding next to you, you can hear the screams of your comrades as shrapnel tears through them, mustard gas being deployed and you can hear the choking of it's victims. It would give a level of immersion and reality that would give a new look into World War 1. I'm stoked for it!

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 10:54:22 pm »

I'd have to agree with Ryner, the grunt gameplay would be amazing. Imagine getting an order to charge and bomb shells are exploding next to you, you can hear the screams of your comrades as shrapnel tears through them, mustard gas being deployed and you can hear the choking of it's victims. It would give a level of immersion and reality that would give a new look into World War 1. I'm stoked for it!
I do agree on that, but I only think the immersion and experience would be amazing. I cannot seeing it used as a basis for constant gameplay, that's just beyond me. (also maybe no pyramido)

Offline Brave Sir Charge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2016, 11:00:46 pm »
lol i still bet its gonna suck lelelelel
Probably, yeah.
the part where the mark IV drives in the desert, the soldier next to it looks like a fucking Jawa.
''It's bit like an extension of the 1980's with shittier style'' ~Caselius while discussing the 90's
'' And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.''

Verzet tegen de Duitse consulaat!

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 11:04:55 pm »
I dont understand where you are getting the alternate reality part from tbh.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 11:09:26 pm »
Steampunk? Idk

Offline Brave Sir Charge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 11:10:33 pm »
Steampunk? Idk
Sorta got the same vibe seeing some of the units.
''It's bit like an extension of the 1980's with shittier style'' ~Caselius while discussing the 90's
'' And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.''

Verzet tegen de Duitse consulaat!

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2016, 11:14:48 pm »
Steampunk? Idk
Sorta got the same vibe seeing some of the units.
Its just spice really. They have to add things into the trailer but I highly doubt they will do alternate reality. There has been talk of doing ww1-ww2-vietnam-coldwar-..... For a while now.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 11:18:49 pm »
I guess this is going to take place later in the war seeing as how the biplanes and triplanes have machine guns already and are dedicated fighters. Curious to see how artillery will work though as well as tanks. Does this mean dynamite will be an option?
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Coconut

• Colonel
  • "Just do a headbob" - DarthJezus 2012
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Coconut
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 11:22:52 pm »
I see cav  8)

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 12:40:04 am »

I do agree on that, but I only think the immersion and experience would be amazing. I cannot seeing it used as a basis for constant gameplay, that's just beyond me. (also maybe no pyramido)
lol this isn't going to be "charging across no-mans land" with coordinated charges and anything historical  it will be running around with your maxim gun in your right hand and a dynamite stick in your left. To think that this game will be at all immersive is silly, it does look cool and pretty but this will definitely not be a true WW1 shooter. the closest you can get to a somewhat realistic WW1 is probably Iron Europe. Also, if they're going to have these huge maps with planes and tanks and artillery, player count might seem a bit out of scale having 20 infantry on your team and the other 12 or so being some sort of specialty will probably make it seem pretty small. imo they should do away with the big map sizes or somehow increase the player count to compensate and then I think it would be pretty cool

will probably still try it out tho just for the memes

Offline Cazasar

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 01:05:26 am »
First time im hyped for a Battlefield part
CAUTION: INTERACTIVE SCREENSHOTS NOT MEANT FOR MEDIUM EYES
Cazasar interacting with the boys
[close]
me and cazasar interacting
[close]

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2016, 02:21:10 am »
Looks intriguing.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.