Poll

Which of these event ideas sound promising/enjoyable to you?

Public Linebattle/NA_1 Event
Casual 1v1's Organization
Newbie/Pub Training (melee and other basics + practice 1v1 linebattles [skirmishes])
All of the above
None of the above

Author Topic: NA Competitive Community State of Affairs - *New Poll*  (Read 23060 times)

Offline Michael Sparks

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NA Competitive Community State of Affairs - *New Poll*
« Reply #150 on: April 03, 2016, 03:45:11 pm »
tfw mekkil is complete wank

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #151 on: April 04, 2016, 10:17:00 pm »
Juney the boy for president
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Kirigaya

• First Sergeant
  • Is this it?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kiri
  • Side: Union
« Reply #152 on: April 07, 2016, 09:06:34 pm »
Talk is all well and good, as long as something becomes of it, otherwise, it's just a waste of everyone involved's time. It's also all well and good for people to want improvement and change, but it takes a group effort, and as far as I can see people want it to magically happen by NW fairies. Shockingly enough, it won't.

Offline Christopher

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just another plebian
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2016, 04:23:56 am »
Talk is all well and good, as long as something becomes of it, otherwise, it's just a waste of everyone involved's time. It's also all well and good for people to want improvement and change, but it takes a group effort, and as far as I can see people want it to magically happen by NW fairies. Shockingly enough, it won't.

That's where I think you might be wrong. I wouldn't say that a large majority of the populace of this game just assume that "NW fairies will magically make it happen." There are people trying to improve things. People who try to make competitive more interesting and available to more regiments.

However, as is the case with most issues, everyone loves paying attention to those who cause scenes, or just straight out try to argue for little reason. I'd say the competitive side has made some great progress and also little progress in some areas from where it was in the past. The thing is; who is gonna pay attention to someone calmly stating their opinion and having a logical debate/discussion about something they (or a majority of people) see as an issue when there is another person posting rants and shit-posting about the "unfairness" of something that happened?

I've seen plenty of people actually trying to make legitimate progress on the NANWL thread but who have gotten drowned out through shit-posting about someone not liking one of the rules and deciding to complain about it after the majority of the league is over with. Some people stopped trying to discuss the things they wanted to bring up in a reasonable manner, but there are also those who took at different route and started contacting the moderators, in example SintraBean, on steam with issues they wanted to discuss, or they would talk to him on team speak.

The competitive scene isn't perfect.... but I think with some of the people who are really working to make it better, they are getting somewhere.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:29:17 am by Christopher »
“It is the way of the Guard. We stay as long as we can. Fight as hard as we can. Kill as much as we can. Only when we can do no more do we move on.”
"La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas! (Translation: The guard dies but does not surrender!)"

Wisconsin best state of Sin

Offline Kirigaya

• First Sergeant
  • Is this it?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kiri
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2016, 04:56:59 am »

That's where I think you might be wrong. I wouldn't say that a large majority of the populace of this game just assume that "NW fairies will magically make it happen." There are people trying to improve things. People who try to make competitive more interesting and available to more regiments.

However, as is the case with most issues, everyone loves paying attention to those who cause scenes, or just straight out try to argue for little reason. I'd say the competitive side has made some great progress and also little progress in some areas from where it was in the past. The thing is; who is gonna pay attention to someone calmly stating their opinion and having a logical debate/discussion about something they (or a majority of people) see as an issue when there is another person posting rants and shit-posting about the "unfairness" of something that happened?

I've seen plenty of people actually trying to make legitimate progress on the NANWL thread but who have gotten drowned out through shit-posting about someone not liking one of the rules and deciding to complain about it after the majority of the league is over with. Some people stopped trying to discuss the things they wanted to bring up in a reasonable manner, but there are also those who took at different route and started contacting the moderators, in example SintraBean, on steam with issues they wanted to discuss, or they would talk to him on team speak.

The competitive scene isn't perfect.... but I think with some of the people who are really working to make it better, they are getting somewhere.

If people get "drowned out" and don't make the effort to rise above the "shit posters" then it is the same as expecting it to magically happen. I'm not really posting regarding NANWL or competetive events, I'm more concerned with the general community, the welfare of NA1, etc.

I'm also not saying EVERYONE who wants change isn't trying, however, this thread is obviously dead, so the group effort has been given up on, or delayed or something, because nothing, that I can see, has become of what has been discussed.

Offline PapaBean

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just in case I don’t see ya…
    • View Profile
  • Nick: We out
« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2016, 06:00:11 am »

If people get "drowned out" and don't make the effort to rise above the "shit posters" then it is the same as expecting it to magically happen. I'm not really posting regarding NANWL or competetive events, I'm more concerned with the general community, the welfare of NA1, etc.

I'm also not saying EVERYONE who wants change isn't trying, however, this thread is obviously dead, so the group effort has been given up on, or delayed or something, because nothing, that I can see, has become of what has been discussed.

My friend we are far from giving up.  I have stated many time as the Head Moderator of NANWL my purpose is to aim larger than just one or two regiments. When it comes time to transition to Bannerlord and the time will come this community will have to stick together or we truly will be shit on by the native guys at first.  Until they make a NW mod, which they will, we have to either find another game BCOF or WoR or stick with Bannerlord till the next NW thing comes.  My goal is that we can at least come together as a community.  I am not asking for everyone to hold hands and sing about how the Grinch stole Christmas but I am trying to have people talk about problems rather than take shits on the forums. I have talks daily with people on the teamspeak I have setup for this.    ts3.privateserverhost.com:8893 
feel free to connect to it.  I am open to discussion on any ideas that people have and Junedragon has setup his office and assembly for NW here as well.   

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2016, 08:00:14 pm »
wew

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2016, 05:53:01 pm »
 But really the problem is introducing people to like the competitive scene which may happen if we can start some regiments off who are even with each other. Because frankly no one likes to get shit on and I think we need to work on bigger regiments regs with 12-20 people and give advice and setup a casual 1v1 tourney with non tier one regs or top of tier 2 regs they can fight each other while the regs willing to get better have more even opponents willing to 1v1. As a leader who wants to find good 1v1's I find it hard who the most eager to fight are the tier 1 regs who will 10-0 no matter what you do. If other regs who just go to linebattles and want to try a friendly no salt 1v1 we should really help them. Ive found a couple reg who i've fought before and may be wiling to 1v1 others who are not tier 1 and after a couple months they may be ready to fight tier one regiments. So if we can find fun 1v1's not only will reg leaders like it but the men who follow them will too and be looking for more.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???